The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Shed End

Anyone seen Zurich? Didn't think so.

Would be the first time Spurs fans had much time for the messiah I guess :tongue:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
It was a genuine question, thought we might have squeezed a compliment out of you or something. By what you've said I take it that the quality's improved then! Always good.

Again, no one. You and Shed End must have had the same dream or something.

You've got Wenger to thank for that tbh, hasn't got you flying high this season so the inevitable collapse and thread wumming can't happen this season.

I would go and get the comments from the City game but I cba tbh.
Nice to see Arsenal fans here stopping with this title race hype that had begun after the City game. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah there were quite a few title comments actually it was hilarious :lol:
It was a genuine question, thought we might have squeezed a compliment out of you or something. By what you've said I take it that the quality's improved then! Always good.

Again, no one. You and Shed End must have had the same dream or something.

You need to read through this thread. People saying that Chelsea can slip up and that Arsenal are not too far from them.

I could quote and show how wrong you are but I'm not bothered.
Original post by Zürich
Would be the first time Spurs fans had much time for the messiah I guess :tongue:

Touché
Reply 1145
You gotta give to the way Chelsea do their business.

Got £28m for Lukaku :/
southie and man utd can both sneak top 4.

like maureen was saying last year liverpool can sneak the title because they didnt have any fa cup/ champions league

top 2 is nailed with city and chelsea tbh; but us being in 3 tournaments is going to hinder us, especially as we'll probably make atleast the quarter finals of CL

not confident of top 4 at all
I read this thread, turns out after the Man City match only one user suggested Arsenal would catch Chelsea in the title race. (But then of course, that's what rivals do. Use the G word)
Reply 1148
Original post by swirly
southie and man utd can both sneak top 4.

like maureen was saying last year liverpool can sneak the title because they didnt have any fa cup/ champions league

top 2 is nailed with city and chelsea tbh; but us being in 3 tournaments is going to hinder us, especially as we'll probably make atleast the quarter finals of CL

not confident of top 4 at all

prey to god Sanchez goes absolutely HAM in the CL.
only hope.
Original post by SA-1
You gotta give to the way Chelsea do their business.

Got £28m for Lukaku :/

Lukaku is a 21 year old who is getting circa 15 league goals a season. Even this season he's still on track for a 15 goal season despite the whole team under performing defensively. He has a long way to go before becoming a top level striker, but he has more than enough time, he is nowhere near his peak.

Also don't think he was as bad as he was made out to be today. 28M for Lukaku was a fair price considering the past two seasons he had.
(edited 9 years ago)
https://vine.co/v/OUZzMpIhEZl

Can someone tell me what a deluded flan is?
Arsenal look so woeful without Sanchez. Slowly becoming a one man team if you arent already tbh. He adds so much to this Arsenal side in terms of tempo, pressing and contributes both defensively and offensively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Arsenal look so woeful without Sanchez. Slowly becoming a one man team if you arent already tbh. He adds so much to this Arsenal side in terms of tempo, pressing and contributes both defensively and offensively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How often have you watched us play..

Sanchez does not dictate our attacking play as I've said before. He also loses the ball more often then anyone else (probably bar Ox or Jack). He's been at the right place at the right time, or scored some great freekicks/wondergoals but that doesn't mean we can't score without him. He's scored some important goals but there have been countless amount of times we've won games without him actually impacting them much (City is a clear example). Anyways today isn't the first time we've played like this. We tried the same thing against Liverpool and City. Pool manage to press very well and contain us where as City's midfield weren't even close. Even with Sanchez on today I don't think the result would have been any different.
(edited 9 years ago)
Someone remind me. Did Alexis play in our 5-0 win over Villa? No point telling me "Yeah but Villa are crap anyways and you lots were at home" it doesn't make a difference.
Original post by AR_95
How often have you watched us play..

Everytime ive watched Arsenal play, hes been the standout player. Admittedly ive only watched a handful of games so my opinion might be skewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Everytime ive watched Arsenal play, hes been the standout player. Admittedly ive only watched a handful of games so my opinion might be skewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There you go...

Also see edit since I've explained it above :tongue:
Someone remind me. Did Alexis play in our 5-0 win over Villa? No point telling me "Yeah but Villa are crap anyways and you lots were at home" it doesn't make a difference.

nah, ozil played LW
Was a great result today from my perspective.

But from an Arsenal one, it was so weird for me seeing Arsenal play that way. Inviting us onto them, playing on the break. I obviously don't watch a lot of Arsenal games outside of derby day, so I wasn't really aware of this 'new' Arsenal way.
Original post by kingoftheting
Was a great result today from my perspective.

But from an Arsenal one, it was so weird for me seeing Arsenal play that way. Inviting us onto them, playing on the break. I obviously don't watch a lot of Arsenal games outside of derby day, so I wasn't really aware of this 'new' Arsenal way.

This approach is nothing new tbh. We've went into games the same way several times this season. Thing is when it doesn't work people are fast to blame Wenger, and when it does they're saying "Wenger's found his plan B!" :rolleyes:
Original post by swirly
nah, ozil played LW

I know..I was making a point :tongue:

Latest