The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentiam
Can anyone who got an interview/offer at Oxford please tell their LNAT score?
Thanks a lot, after being rejected with a score of 20/42 I'm just curious to see how many marks I would need if I ever reapplied :smile:

Yeah, I got an offer with a score of 34 :smile:
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
I'm in the same boat as you! o: got the same score which I felt crap about as everybody else has done so well. But hopefully we'll get somewhere and our application was strong enough :smile:

trust me....i am so gutted...i ws hoping for a better score...and i reallyyyy want to go KCL.... someone on this thread or another one have stated that they got through to KCL with a score of 18!! ...so Im still clinging on to some hope.
Original post by dorka.v
Unfortunately no :frown: I applied mid-December and sat the LNAT 2 days before the deadline so I guess it's too early for me to hear from them. Do you have any idea if they look more at the LNAT score (and if so, is 27/42 reasonable enough?) or at the application altogether?

Going on the scores of other offer holders, KCL seem to be pretty lenient with their assessment of the LNAT score. My friend got 20/42 and received her offer about 3 weeks after sitting the LNAT so I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about. If the rest of your application is reasonably strong, I'm sure you'll be getting an offer in no time.
Original post by Nalinii.p
I scored 19...and havnt heard nothing yet...every body else's score looks soooo high cmpared andits scaring me...KCL is my 1st choice :confused:

I scored 19 as well, l still received offers from both of my LNAT universities; SOAS and Birmingham. [and also Leeds] don't panic!
Original post by Nalinii.p
trust me....i am so gutted...i ws hoping for a better score...and i reallyyyy want to go KCL.... someone on this thread or another one have stated that they got through to KCL with a score of 18!! ...so Im still clinging on to some hope.

That'll be me haha...tbh guys, it's important to remember that the lnat isn't the be all and end all, it's only one aspect of the decision process. Tutors look at applications holistically, so don't be too sucked into the nitty gritty of your lnat score: at the end of the day it isn't what defines you as an applicant!
Reply 505
I got 34/42 but my essay got deleted and I was put on the list for special consideration. Do you think my multiple choice score can make up for that? From what I'm seeing it's pretty good...
Original post by studentiam
I applied for European law! Rejected without an interview and I can see why as I got 20. I'm incredibly jealous of you. Just wondering what your grades are? Oh and which college? Thanks!

Hey man,

Sorry to hear about that. My predicted grades are from Australia but convert to just over AAA.

I felt like grades and LNAT got me into law, but Lady Margaret Hall seemed relatively stoked for my (I thought apparent) enthusiasm for international law. They don't want someone going on Erasmus as a vacation.

That being said, I wish you all the best. Most unsuccessful Oxford applicants have a plethora of amazing offers from other institutions, so I'm sure you won't miss out on much!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CiaranAndrew
Yeah sure I got 31/42 (: How about you?

I got 25/42 :smile: im predicted A*AAA but im not sure if my grades and my lnat will be good enough to get an offer from them :s
Original post by bookshophannah
Yeah, I got an offer with a score of 34 :smile:

Thankyou and congratulations, I'm so jealous!
Original post by sofia7
I got 34/42 but my essay got deleted and I was put on the list for special consideration. Do you think my multiple choice score can make up for that? From what I'm seeing it's pretty good...

How did your essay get deleted? When I sat the exam the first time I accidentally exited the essay section (due to panic + confusion with the software), but they let me take the exam again and I now have all my offers - would they not let you do the same?
Hi! I'm an international applicant with LNAT score of 26. I heard that the cut off is 26 for international applicants at kings. Does that mean I stand a chance? Or am I lunped into the group which scored below the LNAT cut off (for international applicants) ? :/
Original post by beezytan
Hi! I'm an international applicant with LNAT score of 26. I heard that the cut off is 26 for international applicants at kings. Does that mean I stand a chance? Or am I lunped into the group which scored below the LNAT cut off (for international applicants) ? :/

Hi! I'm also an international student applying to king's (i'm french) and i think i saw somewhere that King's made offers below 26 (but for international students, i don't know)
I had 30 on LNAt (but a bad essay) so i don't know if i have a good chance+i'm just above entry requirements, but not much
Still waiting for Kings to respond.

Since September.

30/42 though! :biggrin:
Original post by frenchstudent35
Hi! I'm also an international student applying to king's (i'm french) and i think i saw somewhere that King's made offers below 26 (but for international students, i don't know)
I had 30 on LNAt (but a bad essay) so i don't know if i have a good chance+i'm just above entry requirements, but not much

Thank you for your feedback! Let's hope that we both get offers! :smile:
hey guys
i got a 29/42 on my lnat and i think i did a pretty good essay
I'm an international students and i really want to get into kings
for ib they said that they want 35 with 766 in the higher levels
My predicted is 35 and i got the 766 in the HL and i think my LNAT score is pretty good comparing to the global average (22)
I submitted my application mid December and received offers from Lancaster and Glasgow
what do you guys think about my chances???
Reply 515
Original post by anonlad
How did your essay get deleted? When I sat the exam the first time I accidentally exited the essay section (due to panic + confusion with the software), but they let me take the exam again and I now have all my offers - would they not let you do the same?
I have no clue, i took it in the US, maybe there are different rules? Will it look like I didn't bother to retake it?
Reply 516
Original post by Paul Marshall
Got a 28, I'm satisfied with that and i already have my offers anyway.

Me too. But I got rejected by UCL.
May I ask which universities have given you offers?
Original post by oskarwithak
Hey man,

Sorry to hear about that. My predicted grades are from Australia but convert to just over AAA.

I felt like grades and LNAT got me into law, but Lady Margaret Hall seemed relatively stoked for my (I thought apparent) enthusiasm for international law. They don't want someone going on Erasmus as a vacation.

That being said, I wish you all the best. Most unsuccessful Oxford applicants have a plethora of amazing offers from other institutions, so I'm sure you won't miss out on much!

Ah thanks, LMH was where I applied! :smile: I have a few offers from other good unis in the UK, but unfortunately nowhere I want to go to. Just going to see how I do in my final exams and then take things from there :smile:
Good luck, you're a very lucky man.
Original post by Georgina2613
For those interested, I got a score of 24/42 and have offers from Bristol, SOAS and Kings. Offers from LSE and Cambridge too so I took a huge risk earlier in the year by not applying to another univeristy that doesn't need LNAT.

How did you find the Cambridge law test in comparison to the LNAT?
For durham offer holders when did you send off your ucas application / take your lnat? is it a disadvantage to apply later?

Latest

Trending

Trending