The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

On paper we should have won this game. Player for player we had by far the better side so there's no excuses really. Not to shed all the blame on Wenger but if we want to start contending we need a completely new tactical approach, as a few signings aren't going to be enough on their own. Wenger should go at the end of the season.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
How often have you watched us play..

Sanchez does not dictate our attacking play as I've said before. He also loses the ball more often then anyone else (probably bar Ox or Jack). He's been at the right place at the right time, or scored some great freekicks/wondergoals but that doesn't mean we can't score without him. He's scored some important goals but there have been countless amount of times we've won games without him actually impacting them much (City is a clear example). Anyways today isn't the first time we've played like this. We tried the same thing against Liverpool and City. Pool manage to press very well and contain us where as City's midfield weren't even close. Even with Sanchez on today I don't think the result would have been any different.

This really.

Sanchez is a good player though but he doesn't dictate the attacking. Players like Cazorla/Rosicky do.
I just wonder who else can do a job on the left for Arsenal
Original post by AR_95
There you go...

Also see edit since I've explained it above :tongue:

Yeah ive read it :tongue:. Still feels like your go to man when you need something though. Sometimes (and its hard to admit) it feels like we got the wrong South American.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
On paper we should have won this game. Player for player we had by far the better side so there's no excuses really. Not to shed all the blame on Wenger but if we want to start contending we need a completely new tactical approach, as a few signings aren't going to be enough on their own. Wenger should go at the end of the season.

:rofl2:

You'd be saying the opposite had we won.
Original post by shawn_o1
I read this thread, turns out after the Man City match only one user suggested Arsenal would catch Chelsea in the title race. (But then of course, that's what rivals do. Use the G word)

Only one user yeah?

Original post by Tom_Ford
If we win tomorrow, we are 11 points off the top. Late title charge. 15 games thereafter to make up 11 points.

Original post by AliRizzo
Tbh if we win tomorrow we're only 11 points off Chelski.

Now I know this may sound stupid but I think we may have a very extremely tiny small chance of still challenging for the title and I'm pretty sure Wenger does too. It is plausible considering our run of fixtures is generally very easy up until April or so. If we can maintain some consistency to our good form than we could easily be looking at a second place finish as I'm pretty sure the teams around us will be dropping a LOT of points, Chelski included.
Original post by Stalin
:rofl2:

You'd be saying the opposite had we won.

Except I haven't when we have won in the past so quote me on it, or you're bsing
Original post by jam277
Only one user yeah?

Only TWO users. Still, two does not represent the majority
Original post by jam277
This really.

Sanchez is a good player though but he doesn't dictate the attacking. Players like Cazorla/Rosicky do.

van nistelrooy didnt dictate attacking play, scholes did. whats your point:confused:
You missed Cazorla's influence today. It won't happen every week - we've seen your current system work at Man City and home to Villa, but the fact it was a derby meant that Tottenham played with a unique, fierce intensity you struggle to match. Santi was squeezed out of the game, unable to influence, and you were second to a very determined Spurs side.

Welbeck over Walcott was a shrewd move from Wenger. It worked, too, judging on Ozil's opener. Sometimes there can be a case made for a side scoring too early and I think you were probably guilty of that today.
Original post by swirly
van nistelrooy didnt dictate attacking play, scholes did. whats your point:confused:

I was just reaffirming what AR said.
Original post by swirly

Point was that we aren't a one man team Ffs. Sanchez wouldn't have changed the result today as said
Original post by AR_95
Except I haven't when we have won in the past so quote me on it, or you're bsing

Who do we bring in to replace Wenger?
Damn, even AFTV was ****, was hoping Claude would be fired up, but he was just like I was after the defeat, quietly disappointed and accepting of the fact that we were outplayed and the changs haven't been drastic, same old sorry performance in a tough fixture.

Still next few weeks are crucial, have to bounce back against Leicester smash Middlesbrough and get past Monaco without any major injuries
Original post by Stalin
Who do we bring in to replace Wenger?

David Moyes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Said it last Summer/before you won the FA Cup but I think Conte would fit you very well. Wont be available till 2016 at the earliest though.

Also think Monaco will be easier games than Boro, got a fiver on them to win the FA Cup so do us a favour and lose. Ta
Original post by The Shed End
Said it last Summer/before you won the FA Cup but I think Conte would fit you very well. Wont be available till 2016 at the earliest though.

Also think Monaco will be easier games than Boro, got a fiver on them to win the FA Cup so do us a favour and lose. Ta

Monaco won't roll over.
Original post by The Shed End

Doubt conte would want to leave before managing at a world cup

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gob Bluth
Nice to see Arsenal fans here stopping with this title race hype that had begun after the City game. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I said after the City game it was one single poster that said that, you decided to extrapolate that to the majority of our fan-base to suit your bull**** agenda
(edited 9 years ago)
[video="youtube;a189jNd4Cl8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a189jNd4Cl8[/video]

Ty has been rustled

Latest