The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jangrafess
Never. Most of us go to the match though when we can.

I do go to games ftr (not that you're having a go just clearing that up).

**** me that's **** then. Who do you support?
Original post by Loat
Gary Johnson sacked by Yeovil

It's been a long 21 months since the play-off final :frown:

They can accept not surviving the Championship (too small for the Championship anyway) but not a second successive relegation
Never. Most of us go to the match though when we can.

The big clubs have streams :wink:

Original post by Wilfred Little

He's a Brentford fan, doing fantastic they are, hope they go up but in all honesty I think they'll slide out of the play-offs.

I'm certain that Villa won't go down, but if they do your club and support is way too big to not have a stream. Whilst we can't legally share streaming links, you won't go far wrong on social networking sites.
Original post by Loat
Gary Johnson sacked by Yeovil

It's been a long 21 months since the play-off final :frown:

I'd give James Beattie the job.
Original post by Mackay
Dele Alli's a hell of a player actually, isn't he?

Just seen his goals highlights reel on Sky Sports News. Granted, it's no sign of a great player - but he's lit up MK Dons and League One this year. He could easily keep a bottom-half PL side up imo, just hope he gets a fair crack of the whip at Tottenham under Pochetinno.

Yeah he has looked a class above at times this season. Not sure he's quite reay for the Premiership but I think would already be more than capable in a playoff chasing Championship team.
Original post by Wilfred Little

You'll struggle for most away games, for sure. I'm a Brentford fan, we have club radio for each game but that's about it. Been on Sky once this season and I managed to find a pub in Manchester that was showing it but even that was difficult.

Original post by TornadoGR4
The big clubs have streams :wink:

He's a Brentford fan, doing fantastic they are, hope they go up but in all honesty I think they'll slide out of the play-offs.

I'm certain that Villa won't go down, but if they do your club and support is way too big to not have a stream. Whilst we can't legally share streaming links, you won't go far wrong on social networking sites.

Yeah, my answer out of context was a little disingenuous...
Bolton were massively unlucky tonight. They are definitely going the right way with Lennon in charge. A full pre-season under him and I'd expect them to be challenging for promotion.
Clarke Carlisle has revealed the injuries he sustained after being hit by a lorry in December were the result of a suicide attempt. He claimed it seemed to be 'the perfect answer' & it was only during his recovery in the hospital did he realise he is mentally unwell.

A lot of people think footballers have it all & have no reason to be depressed or upset, but we never know what internal demons they're fighting.
No surprises re. Carlisle - seemed to be a suicide attempt from the get-go.
Original post by joddcfc
Ah, it completely escaped me about his time at SWFC. Must admit I don't know a great deal about it though - wasn't it something to do with sacking a manager for little or no reason?

Yeah more what I meant by killing a club when he was at Wednesday, to be fair he has done some good at Chesterfield.
McClaren linked with the QPR job now. He'd be mad to take it given Derby's current run and potential.
On my way to Leeds at the moment. I've only seen Brentford win once this season so I'm a bit of a bad luck omen but I've got a good feeling about today. I want us to spoil Tornado's accie.
Original post by sr90
I'd recommend watching the documentary he did on it, ''Footballs Suicide Secret''.

It's not just footballers tbh, there is so much bad press associated with mental illness especially if you're a man. Women often have better support networks as well, unless a man has a partner or a close female friend he doesn't really have anyone to talk to, most men either don't want to know or don't know how to respond to someone who's feeling that way. There's a reason why the overwhelming majority of suicides/suicide attempts are made by men.

It must be incredibly hard for sportsmen, too.

Imagine retiring after a career spent in the limelight, on the edge, performing in front of crowds with nothing but adrenalin and exhilirating atmospheres. Being around people all the time, the constant camaraderie, suddenly that disappears and you're left with plenty of time to spare.
Grrrrrrr
Cracking referee today. We'll have him every week. Still deserved the win, mind.
Derby have PL-quality written all over them. It's a shame only three clubs get promoted, because I'd happily swap six of the PL's dross for Championship clubs.
Tom Ince was unbelievable today - possibly the best debut I've ever seen at the iPro/Pride Park. If he's even half as good in the remainder of the season, I'd happily pay a couple of million to take him off Hull's hands.
Just one of those horrible results that you get in a season, Reading really are nothing special but we gave them the win.

Can't believe some actual mongs are saying Jackett Out, not like they need a long memory, just think to where we were a year and a half ago.
Cracking referee today. We'll have him every week. Still deserved the win, mind.

By all accounts it was an absolute disgusting display of refereeing, really disappointed to not even pick up a point at Elland Road.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Just one of those horrible results that you get in a season, Reading really are nothing special but we gave them the win.

Can't believe some actual mongs are saying Jackett Out, not like they need a long memory, just think to where we were a year and a half ago.

You get them week in week out in the prem - we wiped the floor with Palace first half, created chance after chance, contrived to miss them all and then gave them a goal. Roll on the championship next season.

Quick Reply

Latest