The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachel479
For durham offer holders when did you send off your ucas application / take your lnat? is it a disadvantage to apply later?

I have an offer from Durham, I applied before October 15th (Oxbridge deadline) and took my LNAT in November. BUT Durham expressly told me they rarely give any offers until after 15th January to give everyone a fair chance, so don't worry! What is your LNAT and predicted grades?
Original post by beezytan
Hi! I'm an international applicant with LNAT score of 26. I heard that the cut off is 26 for international applicants at kings. Does that mean I stand a chance? Or am I lunped into the group which scored below the LNAT cut off (for international applicants) ? :/

Hey! My friends (international applicants) got in to KCL with 21 and 27 on LNAT, KCL shouldn't be a problem, 26 is quite a high score! Hope you get an offer!
Original post by frenchstudent35
Hi! I'm also an international student applying to king's (i'm french) and i think i saw somewhere that King's made offers below 26 (but for international students, i don't know)
I had 30 on LNAt (but a bad essay) so i don't know if i have a good chance+i'm just above entry requirements, but not much

Hey! I'm french too, and just so you know, 30 seems to be perfectly good for Kings seeing the offers my friends are getting. So far, nobody who applied from my school has been rejected by King's so I think they like the French Bac. :smile: Hope you get in!
Original post by drxo
Hi, do you mind letting me know when your Durham offer was given to you? I scored the same and am currently waiting on Durham. Thanks!

I got the offer on the 14th January, don't worry I'm sure you'll hear from them soon!
Original post by mahammalik
Hey guys , I got my LNAT scores but havent got a clue whats considered 'good' this year. I'm waiting to hear from Durham and I reallyyyy need an offer from them or I'll probably end up having to wing it over a gap year. I got to the interview stage at cambridge but then got rejected. I have AAA and predicted A*AA and my lnat score was 26. Does that sound safe for Durham ?

It sounds fine! My friend got in with 21/42, so as long as the rest of your application was good, you should get an offer (fingers crossed!)
Original post by RebeccaLK
Hey! My friends (international applicants) got in to KCL with 21 and 27 on LNAT, KCL shouldn't be a problem, 26 is quite a high score! Hope you get an offer!

Just to clear any misunderstanding, you are not considered an international student, as you're from the EU. Internationals are those who reside outside the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitL97
What are you predicted if you don't mind me asking?

A*AA :smile:
Hey! I'm french too, and just so you know, 30 seems to be perfectly good for Kings seeing the offers my friends are getting. So far, nobody who applied from my school has been rejected by King's so I think they like the French Bac. :smile: Hope you get in!

Hey thanks! may I ask in what school you are and the average predicted grades of your friends? I'm surprised they already got offers!
btw, i had 20, 19 and 20 at my EAF :biggrin:
Original post by bjw
OH MY GOD that is amazing!! what were your predicted grades??? I was all down in the dumps when I saw everyone else's posts but then I saw yours and you made me happyyyy!!! I'm still biting my nails waiting...-.-

I was predicted A*AA and thanks! Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear from them soon, more and more people are hearing from them atm. what score did you get? :smile:
Original post by Toots831
Was wondering if anyone got rejected the night they done there lnat? I just received my score and it was a respectable 27, really gutted that it may have been my personal statement that kings disliked!

Email them! They rejected me BEFORE I sat my LNAT, because there was something that wasn't clear on my application that led to a misunderstanding. Your LNAT is obviously not a problem, and thankfully I emailed them so I realised there was a mistake! And now they're reconsidering me, so its worth a try, just send a polite email asking for additional feedback. What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Hey thanks! may I ask in what school you are and the average predicted grades of your friends? I'm surprised they already got offers!
btw, i had 20, 19 and 20 at my EAF :biggrin:

A lycée in Paris and their predicted grades vary from 14/20 to 18/20 :smile: mine is 17,5 what about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Ecole Alsacienne in Paris and their predicted grades vary from 14/20 to 18/20 :smile: mine is 17,5 what about you?

only 15.5 :/, i'm applying for law, and Law with french law, although the last one seems out of reach..Areyou in an OIB school? Thanks for your answer :smile:
Original post by sofiegill
Thats amazing well done!! Do you mind me asking what AS grades you got and what you're predicted please? I also got 18 and i'm waiting on durham :smile:

Thank you! I got AAAB at AS and I've been predicted A*AA :smile:
only 15.5 :/, i'm applying for law, and Law with french law, although the last one seems out of reach..Areyou in an OIB school? Thanks for your answer :smile:

You'll be fine! Generally their offers are around 14 and my friend got Law with French Law and I think it may actually be an advantage that you are already French :tongue: I'm in a normal lycée, just the Bac général français
You'll be fine! Generally their offers are around 14 and my friend got Law with French Law and I think it may actually be an advantage that you are already French :tongue: I'm in a normal lycée, just the Bac général français
Did your friends with 14 predicted managed to get an offer in law? That's very reassuring anyway, thanks a lot :biggrin:

Thank you! I certainly hope so! :smile:
Hey, i'm applying to King's and still no answer, while some people already have offers :confused:
do you think they send offers progressively?
Thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by sofia7
I have no clue, i took it in the US, maybe there are different rules? Will it look like I didn't bother to retake it?

The general rule is 'No retakes' and they appear quite firm on the website. So no, it wont look like a lack of effort on your part to sort out the situation and the special consideration form will be enough I think.
Fairly sure I got lucky with being allowed a retake to be honest
Reply 538
Original post by Studentlife9876
I was predicted A*AA and thanks! Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear from them soon, more and more people are hearing from them atm. what score did you get? :smile:

I'm predicted exactly the same, and got the same in my LNAT! but yeah, if I'm going to get a rejection then I'd rather hear from it now that later- thanks again!:')
Reply 539
Is anyone going to contact their LNAT unis for feedback on the essay?

Latest

Trending

Trending