The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by Tas321
Hey.. I'm not sure how to check, I've had a bit of a search but can't find it, any chance you could point in the right direction?

Have you had your feedback report yet? It will be on the first page of the report, hope that helps.
Original post by QE5
Have you had your feedback report yet? It will be on the first page of the report, hope that helps.

Oh right thank you. No I haven't, at least I don't think so, when I click on view results it just says pass and gave me the link to fill out my posting form and other forms.
I scored a 13.31 and was immediately unsuccessful (not surprisingly!). My perceived worst exercise was my best, and vice versa. I only scored less than 2 (1.75) in "Delivering Value for Money/Achieving Commercial Outcomes" - hence the insta-fail.

It's bittersweet though - whilst I'm really annoyed that I totally undervalued the importance of always including the numbers, I'm glad that I didn't absolutely tank the competencies that I was really focusing on during the FSAC. The feedback was very comprehensive, and certainly made it clear where I could improve.

I'm definitely feeling better for having received the report though!
I have my fsac in a couple of weeks and I am beginning to get very stressed! I am mainly worried about the policy exercise and delivering value for money. Do you have to specifically calculate costs and quote figures?

I am also worried about my etray written exercise, which I messed up. I ran out of time, didn't cover value and only wrote about 5/600 words, is this normal?

Anyway thank you everyone, this thread has been incredibly helpful, good luck to you all
Reply 2064
Original post by Tas321
Oh right thank you. No I haven't, at least I don't think so, when I click on view results it just says pass and gave me the link to fill out my posting form and other forms.

It depends on when you had your assessment centre? If it was recent, then it will take time to get the report.
Original post by QE5
It depends on when you had your assessment centre? If it was recent, then it will take time to get the report.

It was actually in December. Maybe I should email them asking about it..
Original post by Zain844
I have my fsac in a couple of weeks and I am beginning to get very stressed! I am mainly worried about the policy exercise and delivering value for money. Do you have to specifically calculate costs and quote figures?

I am also worried about my etray written exercise, which I messed up. I ran out of time, didn't cover value and only wrote about 5/600 words, is this normal?

Anyway thank you everyone, this thread has been incredibly helpful, good luck to you all

Hi,

You won't have to do any difficult calculations. I enjoyed the policy exercise the most.

I wrote about the same for the etray.
Original post by Zain844

You definitely need to quote figures and show you understand the calculations. They are a crucial part of showing you are able to achieve "value for money".
Reply 2068
Be specific and try and litter in a few bits of statistical information but this need not be exhaustive. What I'd stress moreover is the need to be balanced and considered. Use caveats regularly to stress why your idea has the edge over the one you're arguing against rather than just advocating its superiority in absolute terms. Use clear titles and headings to seperate your work and ensure you leave yourself enough time to do the more creative excercise at the end. Try and get through as much of the material in the reading period as possible so you at least know where you might find information at a later stage. Its always gonna be a toughy- mine was right at the end of the day and I was flagging but just be positive and authoritative in your written tone and you'll go well!
Thanks for the replies, good to hear someone else had a similar word count.

Going to practice the policy exercise this week and fingers crossed my etray written exercise wasn't too bad!

My fsac is on the 16th Feb, It's getting really difficult to think about anything else, can't wait to get it over with!
Reply 2070
Original post by bertiev2
Same for me, as far as I know nobody has? I reckon we're in for a long wait...

I applied for GCS and found out that I passed on Thursday, so you might not be waiting for too much longer! Still no information whatsoever available on the website about the FSB though, so maybe they're waiting until more people who have applied for it have done the FSAC to really get the ball rolling on narrowing the bands etc. Best of luck!
So have any GFS candidates who were amber-banded heard back yet? (Had FSAC on 12th of Jan, unsuccessful for DS still waiting for CD--which, given that there are people amber for both/immediately successful for CD, does not fill me with hope...)
Reply 2072
Original post by Tas321

Have you tried clicking on view results, and in that message, you should see a new link called FSAC report, just above the OK button. I scored 14.39 overall for the finance stream, but I scored 1.96 for the managing quality service competency, which meant an instant fail.
Congratulations to all those who have passed :smile: how long after your FSAC did you find out? It says if you don't hear after a week you will have to wait - is this what everyone has experienced? If its been a week does that mean you are probably amber-banded?
Original post by Zain844
Thanks for the replies, good to hear someone else had a similar word count.

Going to practice the policy exercise this week and fingers crossed my etray written exercise wasn't too bad!

My fsac is on the 16th Feb, It's getting really difficult to think about anything else, can't wait to get it over with!

I'm also the 16th! Can't wait to get there and get it done!! Reading about the results (good and bad) makes me jealous!! I'm actually looking forward to the day. Sure if we put the effort in then we're in with a fighting chance :smile: see you on the 16th !!
Original post by irhzk
I applied for GCS and found out that I passed on Thursday, so you might not be waiting for too much longer! Still no information whatsoever available on the website about the FSB though, so maybe they're waiting until more people who have applied for it have done the FSAC to really get the ball rolling on narrowing the bands etc. Best of luck!

Have you got your feedback score yet?
It doesn't look like that option is available to me yet.

And that is a shame! It looks like you were really close!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by QE5
Have you tried clicking on view results, and in that message, you should see a new link called FSAC report, just above the OK button. I scored 14.39 overall for the finance stream, but I scored 1.96 for the managing quality service competency, which meant an instant fail.

That's excruciatingly close!
Reply 2078
Original post by Magnum Opus
Have you got your feedback score yet?

Yeah, I got all my feedback simultaneously with my result on Thurs- 16.74. I attended FSAC on the 27th of Jan, so it wasn't a particularly long wait for me--which I'm very grateful for because it was torture! Hope that you all hear soon.
Reply 2079
What is the score out of? For example... if there are 10 competencies and each is out of 4 wouldn't that give a max score of 40?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending