The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nanceheh
friends and I applied castle, sadly they aren't going because they got other unis ie cambridge :3
ooh nice! I was wondering if I needed to form it now so I get allocated a college now. still deciding where to go omg because each uni has its pros and cons and this is really hard. durham has been my top choice for a while but my family is in the south and would rather i go to a uni closer to them. I guess I'll wait til feb :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, don't worry I'm sure you'll make loads of new friends if you go to Durham and Durham is still an amazing university! I know, deciding were to go is really difficult! Where else have you applied to? :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I have been accepted for Applied Psychology:smile:, and applied to Stephenson College. I haven't been to any open days either :s-smilie:, is anyone else going to be based on Queen's Campus?
Didn't put down any college preference, I'm worried about this
Original post by Sapphire321
Aww, don't worry I'm sure you'll make loads of new friends if you go to Durham and Durham is still an amazing university! I know, deciding were to go is really difficult! Where else have you applied to? :smile:

I have Edinburgh and Bristol too although the Durham course does look better, waiting for Exeter although I probably won't go. I also do love Durham although I've only been once 4/5 years ago. Biggest issue now is I'm having second thoughts about my subject!! Hahaha..................
Original post by knope
Oh hey Sapphire, I remember you from last application cycle. ������ If you don't mind me asking, what are you up to this year?

I'll be at Chad's for chemistry this October - hopefully see some of you there!

Oh hi again knope, what have you been up to recently? :smile: I've still not been that well so that's why I decided to apply again for 2015 entry. I'm better than I was now though so hopefully I can actually go this time! I think Durham will probably be my firm (I finally decided between Durham and St Andrews haha). :tongue: Are you going to the post application open day this year?
Original post by Gemma1243
I've seen cook books for uni students so I think I may need to investigate! They really do, everything gets put on hold for six months-a year. Durham's a good place for drama and singing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha me too! :tongue: Yeah it sounds like it should be really good from what I heard at the open day. The colleges all seem to have choirs and put on plays/musicals every year. :smile: Do you think Durham will be your firm?
Original post by MercedesAnjelica
Oh my god thanks so much! I had been looking EVERYWHERE to see if catered had kitchens but couldn't find any info!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha you're welcome! :smile: Which college have you applied to?
Reply 27
Oh hi again knope, what have you been up to recently? :smile: I've still not been that well so that's why I decided to apply again for 2015 entry. I'm better than I was now though so hopefully I can actually go this time! I think Durham will probably be my firm (I finally decided between Durham and St Andrews haha). :tongue: Are you going to the post application open day this year?

So sorry to hear that, hope you make a speedy recovery! I work in a primary school full time - endless chaos, basically.

I'm not going to the post-app open day, though I did enjoy it last year. I'm happy letting this whole uni business be in the semi-distant future right now; the whole point, for me, of sorting it out last year was forgetting about it this year. Are you planning on going?

In any case, all the best & hopefully see you in October, yeah? (:
Haha me too! :tongue: Yeah it sounds like it should be really good from what I heard at the open day. The colleges all seem to have choirs and put on plays/musicals every year. :smile: Do you think Durham will be your firm?

I think I have finally decided that it will be, for me my choice was between Exeter and Durham but I think Exeter will be my insurance (although I'm not sure I'm comfortable with such high insurance grades) you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for Engineering at Mary's no offer yet, but the more I've been waiting the more I've begun to think to myself my college doesn't matter nearly as much as it did when I first applied, a place at any college would make me happy :P Mary's is lovely though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for English Literature at Castle and received an offer ! I'm definitely firming Durham - so excited for college allocations! I know Castle is super oversubscribed, but I don't mind being reallocated to any other college :smile:
Have an offer for BA Geography and applied to Hatfield (which i'm now worried about due to the rep..), i haven't seen more than two colleges though so it was a bit of a guess of what I would like really.. still waiting to her though, so should be soon :smile: :smile:
I have an offer for politics with year abroad and applied to Josephine Butler mainly because its self catering.
I have had an offer for Durham to study Geography Bsc since Novemeber, Ive applied for St Chads without visiting for no particular reason ( got to the point of picking one out of a hat). Really hoping to hear soon so i can go on a viist day.
Original post by Hody421
Didn't put down any college preference, I'm worried about this

Don't be! All the Durham colleges are nice and they have more similarities than differences. I'm sure you'll be happy in whichever college you get allocated to! :smile:
Original post by nanceheh
I have Edinburgh and Bristol too although the Durham course does look better, waiting for Exeter although I probably won't go. I also do love Durham although I've only been once 4/5 years ago. Biggest issue now is I'm having second thoughts about my subject!! Hahaha..................

Edinburgh and Bristol are really good too so well done on the offers! I have offers form Bath and St Andrews as well as Durham and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh. What subject did you apply for?
Edinburgh and Bristol are really good too so well done on the offers! I have offers form Bath and St Andrews as well as Durham and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh. What subject did you apply for?

Thanks so much! You too! I applied for economics :smile:
Original post by knope
So sorry to hear that, hope you make a speedy recovery! I work in a primary school full time - endless chaos, basically.

I'm not going to the post-app open day, though I did enjoy it last year. I'm happy letting this whole uni business be in the semi-distant future right now; the whole point, for me, of sorting it out last year was forgetting about it this year. Are you planning on going?

In any case, all the best & hopefully see you in October, yeah? (:

Thank you, hopefully! Oh right, good luck then! I'm sure it'll be useful work experience haha. :tongue: Fair enough, yeah it must be good to have it all sorted out. Yes, I'll be going - it was so fun last year that I definitely wanted to go again! Yes, hopefully! :biggrin:
As it is now February Durham should be starting to send out college allocations really soon! According to the Durham emails and website everyone who received an offer by 1st February will find out their college between Mon 16th February and Sunday 1st March. :smile:
Original post by Gemma1243
I've seen cook books for uni students so I think I may need to investigate! They really do, everything gets put on hold for six months-a year. Durham's a good place for drama and singing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it?? I was kind of worried about that, I love singing and drama and wanted to continue it at uni
Anyway I have an offer for Law and applied to Castle, can't wait to find out if I get in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending