The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

Adult Nursing - March 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey! Yes I'm sure we get summer holidays. Are you going to the induction day on Tuesday? :smile:
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website
Reply 21
Yes I am 😊 and I hope so because I have a Afew events coming up in the summer which I will need to be present, and I'm hearing all these people saying I won't but they're aren't from the university
Reply 22
Original post by Elle__
Yes I am 😊 and I hope so because I have a Afew events coming up in the summer which I will need to be present, and I'm hearing all these people saying I won't but they're aren't from the university

Yes I wouldn't worry! I think it's like 3 weeks or something! But that is just a guess! I'm quite excited to start the course now! So close :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Gchapman
Yes I wouldn't worry! I think it's like 3 weeks or something! But that is just a guess! I'm quite excited to start the course now! So close :smile:

That ok then thank God hahha ande too im really excited have you applied for bursary yet 🙈
Reply 24
Original post by Elle__
That ok then thank God hahha ande too im really excited have you applied for bursary yet 🙈

Sorry spelling errors Hahahha wrote in a hurry, I normally hate spelling errorrs 🙈
Reply 25
Hehe yes I did the boss thinggy but I haven't sent my documents yet because I left it too late and the bursary people said that they couldn't get my documents back for the 10th feb so I have to send everything after the induction! What about yourself? Are you moving to Luton for the course?
Reply 26
Hehe yes I did the boss thinggy but I haven't sent my documents yet because I left it too late and the bursary people said that they couldn't get my documents back for the 10th feb so I have to send everything after the induction! What about yourself? Are you moving to Luton for the course?

I live in luton and I haven't sent anything off yet not sure if I should talk to the lectures first and do we bring our dbs form to the induction?
Reply 27
Ah ok. Have you filled in the boss account online yet? And yes we need to bring in the DBS form to the induction along with your identification. Cool I live in Luton too.
Reply 28
Ah ok. Have you filled in the boss account online yet? And yes we need to bring in the DBS form to the induction along with your identification. Cool I live in Luton too.

No I haven't have you?
Reply 29
Original post by Elle__
No I haven't have you?

Yes. That's the first thing you need to do. If you search on Google for nhs bursary then follow the links to create a BOSS account. Then they will e mail you telling you what documents you need to send to them.
Reply 30
Yes. That's the first thing you need to do. If you search on Google for nhs bursary then follow the links to create a BOSS account. Then they will e mail you telling you what documents you need to send to them.

Oh no was the deadline January?
Reply 31
Original post by Elle__
Oh no was the deadline January?

Yes it was 30th January. But I spoke to them and they said if you apply after the deadline it would take 30 days instead of 20 days to process.
Reply 32
Yes it was 30th January. But I spoke to them and they said if you apply after the deadline it would take 30 days instead of 20 days to process.

Who did you speak to and what's their number ?
Reply 33
Original post by Elle__
Who did you speak to and what's their number ?

Not sure what their name was but the number is on the website can't remember off the top of my head!
Original post by Elle__
Hello, Do you think we will get summer holidays?

Hi Elle,

I can't make the pre-induction day this Tuesday so I went to the one at Aylesbury last week. We got given a timetable for induction week plus our term dates for the first year (we get 2 weeks off at Easter, 3 weeks off in summer and 2 weeks off at Christmas). We also completed our DBS paperwork and sent it off and got the chance to speak to a current student.
Not sure what their name was but the number is on the website can't remember off the top of my head!

Here's the link for NHS bursary :smile:

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/3942.aspx

I sent mine off a few weeks back and I've had my documents back now (I would recommend starting the online application though as it takes about 40 minutes). I'm now just waiting for them to process it all now.

Not sure if you've been asked to send a second reference yet, but apparently you need to send them one. I think they said they need it before we start placement though which isn't till August, but I'm sure they'll mention it on Tuesday.
Reply 36

Alright thankyou 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending