The Student Room Group

Suffer from inferioty complex... Lie about my race

I'll say that I'm ashamed of my background ethically, I'm from Pakistan but I just tell people that I from some other country like Iran Iraq etc. Why?? Well these two countries aren't exactly the most liked in the west, but atleast there not stereotyped as much as Pakistanis

Brb we all like cricket, we all smell, we are taxi drivers, we're not good looking, we're weaklings, we've got no culture, we're 'indians', pakistan is a hell hole, with weakling people according to a lot of people, we're an embarasment basically, even countries like Afghanistan, India etc don't like us, our neighbours, and i hate being labelled like that, which is why i hide my ethnic background, how do i get rid of this feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Do you live in a place where people are hostile towards Pakistanis? Anyways you can't change your race- nothing to be ashamed of. Being whiter or lighter doesn't make you a better person
To be honest, you can't, but there's no point lying about it. Let people come up with their own preconceived notions about you after you've told them, that's their issue. I'm not proud of my ancestral heritage, but every culture has awful aspects to them. You just have to accept it, you're not responsible for the stereotypes your race has as long as you're being yourself and not living up to them.
Stop caring so much about what others think. Simple.

Anyway I don't see what's wrong with being Pakistani, they're generally very cool people.
Reply 4
I have known a few people from Pakistan and they were genuinely nice people. All the things you have listed can be applied to almost every country lol. You shouldn't let ethnic stereotypes define you.
Reply 5
Ahh but it's got a bit weirder, I've learned the arabic language so if people ever ask me to speak to them I speak to them in it.
Reply 6
[QUOTE="Anonymous;53495239"]I'll say that I'm ashamed of my background ethically, I'm froam Pakistan but I just tell people that I from some other country like Iran Iraq etc. Why?? Well these two countries aren't exactly the most liked in the west, but atleast there not stereotyped as much as Pakistanis

Brb we all like cricket, we all smell, we are taxi drivers, we're not good looking, we're weaklings, we've got no culture, we're 'indians', pakistan is a hell hole, with weakling people according to a lot of people, we're an embarasment basically, even countries like Afghanistan, India etc don't like us, our neighbours, and i hate being labelled like that, which is why i hide my ethnic background, how do i get rid of this feeling?[/QUOTE

Hey stop saying that at this very moment. I already like you. You should be proud of who you are. Not ashamed. So what If you're Pakistan. Just because some Muslims have done bad doesn't make all Muslims bad or Islam or Pakistan bad. Don't be ashamed. Please we all respect you.
Reply 7
No reason to be ashamed - I always think about my background but I'm not ashamed regardless of the stereotypes - I'm gonna do my best in life to prove them all wrong and get somewhere in life - PM if you need advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I'll say that I'm ashamed of my background ethically, I'm from Pakistan but I just tell people that I from some other country like Iran Iraq etc. Why?? Well these two countries aren't exactly the most liked in the west, but atleast there not stereotyped as much as Pakistanis

Brb we all like cricket, we all smell, we are taxi drivers, we're not good looking, we're weaklings, we've got no culture, we're 'indians', pakistan is a hell hole, with weakling people according to a lot of people, we're an embarasment basically, even countries like Afghanistan, India etc don't like us, our neighbours, and i hate being labelled like that, which is why i hide my ethnic background, how do i get rid of this feeling?

This isn't you. You are a free person. Pakistan is a beautiful place on Earth. I love the place, people and its society. I too am from there! :biggrin: Don't worry about what others think/say. If people are too preoccupied about your race/ethnicity then they're not worth your time. The defect is on their side not yours. Be happy that you do not suffer from the same disease. :smile: Honestly you seem like a decent person. Cherish this.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think that's utter nonsense. Why would you think like that in the first place? you aren't living right next to the white house or the downing street, where those sceptical people would always judge you, no matter where you come from.People in your country are proud of who they are despite going through terrorism and all that extremists stuff.
You should tell people positive aspects about your country and be proud of it. Like the girl who won the noble prize and young students killed in the attack, but they stood up against it!
Pakistan is a hellhole; but that's hardly the fault of the Pakistanis.
Original post by hassyrocks
I think that's utter nonsense. Why would you think like that in the first place? you aren't living right next to the white house or the downing street, where those sceptical people would always judge you, no matter where you come from.People in your country are proud of who they are despite going through terrorism and all that extremists stuff.
You should tell people positive aspects about your country and be proud of it. Like the girl who won the noble prize and young students killed in the attack, but they stood up against it!

not being funny but there pashtun people, there not like the ones in the uk

Why do afghans not like you? xd
Original post by Placeboo123
Why do afghans not like you? xd

pakistan screwed them....... bad with the taliban
pakistan screwed them....... bad with the taliban

Oh well, if I had to choose between the two Pakistan>Afghanistan :biggrin:
Arabs, Afghans and Indians aren't any better.. LOL
Original post by Placeboo123
Oh well, if I had to choose between the two Pakistan>Afghanistan :biggrin:

why?
not being funny but there pashtun people, there not like the ones in the uk

Are they still not considered Pakistani? I'm Pashtun and I consider myself to be Pakistani
Original post by Shahh112
Are they still not considered Pakistani? I'm Pashtun and I consider myself to be Pakistani

no no no, i meant the ones in the uk are mainly punjabi pakistan or kashmiri. btw being a pakistani pashtun, what are your feeling toward afghanistan/loy afghanistan?
no no no, i meant the ones in the uk are mainly punjabi pakistan or kashmiri. btw being a pakistani pashtun, what are your feeling toward afghanistan/loy afghanistan?

I appreciate and accept that Afghanistan is a part of me and in my blood, but largely I'm indifferent to the country - I consider myself English, Pakistani and then Afghan in that order

Latest

Trending

Trending