The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Caz_
You know what I've had just about enough of a2 further maths. T_T

Posted from TSR Mobile

High five :frown: but I only need (high) D's in my a2 f maths modules to get into my insurance choice so trying to remember that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
High five :frown: but I only need (high) D's in my a2 f maths modules to get into my insurance choice so trying to remember that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what the minimum is for me to make my offers - I need an A overall to make my insurance. I'd really really like an A* but I know it won't happen. Everything's too difficult. I don't even think I'll be getting into uni at this rate tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
I'm not sure what the minimum is for me to make my offers - I need an A overall to make my insurance. I'd really really like an A* but I know it won't happen. Everything's too difficult. I don't even think I'll be getting into uni at this rate tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I luckily got a lowered offer from bristol so my insurance is AAB. I know what you mean, I feel the same but I also felt the same last year and ended up doin alright!!! We will be fine :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Should probably start looking at a student bank account
Yeah I luckily got a lowered offer from bristol so my insurance is AAB. I know what you mean, I feel the same but I also felt the same last year and ended up doin alright!!! We will be fine :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so. What is it you want to study? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
I hope so. What is it you want to study? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics (with study in europe) wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mechanical engineering. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm planning on studying Physics as-well.
Whats your firm/insurance choice?

Where exactly are you going to be studying in Europe? Is that during your third year or?
Original post by Tibbz2
Should probably start looking at a student bank account

That's an idea.

Might look for a new bank to see if they have anything going for students

With lloyds atm
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I'm planning on studying Physics as-well.
Whats your firm/insurance choice?

Where exactly are you going to be studying in Europe? Is that during your third year or?

Manchester firm Bristol insurance
Hopefully the university de pierre et marie curie in paris
Yes it's third yr
What they give? :tongue:

I don't mind changing to them
Original post by L'Evil Fish
That's an idea.

Might look for a new bank to see if they have anything going for students

With lloyds atm

I'm on HSBC and think I'll stay with them, they're supposed to be decent for student accounts!
Manchester firm Bristol insurance
Hopefully the university de pierre et marie curie in paris
Yes it's third yr

Good luck ! Did you apply to oxbridge?
How good is your french?

If I was to study abroad it would probably be in Cal-tech - Richard Feynman.
I heard that Santander were pretty good to open up student bank accounts.
Biggest overdraft amongst the other banks and give the 4 year free railcard.

I don't see the purpose of opening with any other bank as the short-term gifts don't make up for the long-term needs.
Is the ivy school league (university rankings) in America similar to what we have in the UK as the Russel group?

Q) Why isn't MIT in the ivy league? :redface:
Good luck ! Did you apply to oxbridge?
How good is your french?

If I was to study abroad it would probably be in Cal-tech - Richard Feynman.

Yup Cambridge
Alright, much better at speaking and listening than writing, got an AS level in it

Yeah don't blame you, that would be awesome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is the ivy school league (university rankings) in America similar to what we have in the UK as the Russel group?

Q) Why isn't MIT in the ivy league? :redface:

The ivy league is a sports conference that includes private north east colleges in the US.

Because of their age and alumni success, it has become synonymous with prestige.

MIT came later on and wasn't a full on university at the time, but, now the general acronym for the most prestigious unis is: HYPSM (Harvard. Yale, Princeton, Stanford and MIT) neither Stanford or MIT are members of the ivy league sports conference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2
I'm on HSBC and think I'll stay with them, they're supposed to be decent for student accounts!

Fair enough.

Urgh, I'll have to go into a bank

Railcard sounds good. Think I need that, mine just ran out. Might just change to them then
Could someone please explain how the system works: why do you need to open a student bank account?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Could someone please explain how the system works: why do you need to open a student bank account?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I am because I'll use it as an account for all my student loans and grants etc to go into

Idk if you'll get that stuff as an eu applicant

Latest