The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medicine Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Cat1996
WOOO I can finally post here, offer came through last night!! We made it guys :biggrin: I've asked to join the facebook group if someone can add me, can't wait to meet you all!!

i share your enthusiasm.. it's sooo cool to be able to post in hear.. my offer came two nights ago :P so it's still very fresh for me too :biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 101
For any gap year students who are interested, I just took my A-level certificates to Imperial in person because I figured it was safer than sending them in the post.

When I got there someone took them off me and went off to scan them before bringing them back, very simple.

The lady then told me that my UCAS had been updated and it would appear on there tomorrow. She also said the only thing left to do now before the offer becomes unconditional is a DBS which will be sent out late February / early March.
Original post by LJB96
For any gap year students who are interested, I just took my A-level certificates to Imperial in person because I figured it was safer than sending them in the post.

When I got there someone took them off me and went off to scan them before bringing them back, very simple.

The lady then told me that my UCAS had been updated and it would appear on there tomorrow. She also said the only thing left to do now before the offer becomes unconditional is a DBS which will be sent out late February / early March.

Awesome, thanks for letting us know. Will probably go myself some time next week. :smile:
Hey guys just checking did everyone find out via Ucas track? Has anyone got a confirmation from imperial via email? Because I haven't and I'm slightly worried about that!
Original post by applejuice_97
Hey guys just checking did everyone find out via Ucas track? Has anyone got a confirmation from imperial via email? Because I haven't and I'm slightly worried about that!

Just track
They'll send an offer holder pack through the post in march
Original post by applejuice_97

I'M ON THE SAME BOAT!!! couldn't deal with it if track was wrong I wasn't given an offer
Reply 106
My ucas just changed, now I just have to wait until March :smile:

'Conditions of offer
This offer is subject to you obtaining You must submit your completed DBS form and required documents by 30 June 2015. Imperial College London will withdraw this offer if you fail to meet this deadline. If you have never lived in the UK, you must submit a Statement of Good Conduct'
If i go in personally to hand in my certificates then where do i go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Original post by ~Zahra~
If i go in personally to hand in my certificates then where do i go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Student Hub, Level 3 Sherfield Building, South Kensington Campus
Original post by LJB96
The Student Hub, Level 3 Sherfield Building, South Kensington Campus

Thankyou :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I was there on that day. What do you look like?

Fwiw, league tables don't mean too much. But still, Imperial has always been above Queen Mary (who were ranked 26th just 4 years ago) except for this year.

---------

Leaning more towards Imperial now. AAA would be so calm. I'd need (at least) 64% in Maths, 68% in Biology and ~80% in Chemistry.

How comes you only need 64% in maths and 68% in biology to get an A, what did you get at AS?
Original post by BIOCH3M
How comes you only need 64% in maths and 68% in biology to get an A, what did you get at AS?

Not hard to work out is it
96% In Maths
92 % biology from what I've worked out
I need like 73% in each of my subjects
Original post by Futuremedic2096
96% In Maths

Thanks, as soon as I posted it, I realised what a dumb question it was.
Original post by BIOCH3M
Thanks, as soon as I posted it, I realised what a dumb question it was.

96% In Maths

Original post by BIOCH3M

Thats the exact reason why i lost all my motivation...
Original post by DCMed96

I need to get mine back
Although I'm getting *s in biology and chemistry but physics is a bit **** as my teachers terrible this year
Reply 115
Original post by DCMed96

Be careful though.. i am in a similar situation but u never know what can go wrong.. i will be trying for A*s so even if i don't get them i will still get very high As.. i am not risking my offer even by 0.001%.. but that's just my opinion.. also it will be pointless to go in an exam wishing i get a C and above to get my offer..
Original post by DCMed96

It's not even motivation for me as, if I firm Birmingham, I still need an A*. I'm just not scared at all. I started working at like 75% capacity from Easter last year and got 4 As. This year, I'm starting work from about now, so I reckon I can quite easily get 2 As and an A*.

Original post by YvT1
Be careful though.. i am in a similar situation but u never know what can go wrong.. i will be trying for A*s so even if i don't get them i will still get very high As.. i am not risking my offer even by 0.001%.. but that's just my opinion.. also it will be pointless to go in an exam wishing i get a C and above to get my offer..

Yeah but you shouldn't be too stressed. If I had an A*A*A offer, I'd be under way more pressure.
It's not even motivation for me as, if I firm Birmingham, I still need an A*. I'm just not scared at all. I started working at like 75% capacity from Easter last year and got 4 As. This year, I'm starting work from about now, so I reckon I can quite easily get 2 As and an A*.

Yeah but you shouldn't be too stressed. If I had an A*A*A offer, I'd be under way more pressure.

I've got a friend with an A*A*A*A offer
Now they're under pressure
Reply 118

yeah that would be quite stressful.. because it's different having to get 2 A* and just wishing to.. :tongue: btw have you decided birmingham vs imperial?
Reply 119
I've got a friend with an A*A*A*A offer
Now they're under pressure

seriously.. well that is stressful.. which uni and course out of curiosity..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending