The Student Room Group

Struggle For Identity AS AQA

Hiya,

I am re-sitting the AQA English Lit AS exam about the Struggle For Identity. I thought it might be useful to create a thread where we can help one another out and share resources... If anyone has any tips on how to do well in this exam that will be really helpful as its been a while and I am struggling a bit to be honest- especially with context!

Also, I am doing the Feminine Gospels by Carol Ann Duffy.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your comments and ideas :smile: x
Hi! I'm also retaking sadly.. lol! I'm doing carol ann duffy as well femnine gospels and i've completley forgotten all my notes lol...

What else are you studying!?
*High five* lol! Yeah it is such a long exam to have to resit. Erm, in terms of my other subjects? I am also doing Biology and Sociology, but am re-taking one AS for each. Are you doing A2 as well atm? I am currently doing Love Through The Ages for A2 English Lit. What about you?
I'm in exactly the same position! Resitting AS Struggle for Identity, but I'm doing Maya Angelou for poetry. I'm doing Love Through The Ages for A2!

I got a C in the exam last year, only just missed the B, so got a B overall when working in coursework grae... but I need an A overall for A level so..... help!
Oh ok, how many marks did you get in your coursework? I got 2 marks off a C in the exam so ended up with a C overall. If you DM your email I can email you some bits that I have for AS and A2. Examplar scripts really help too, I have managed to write 2 Band 4 responses to a past paper using examplar answers, but untimed (for AS). Out of curiousity did you go to the lecture days at the IoE for The SFI and Love Through The Ages? Also, I have notes on Phenomenal Woman and Still I rise x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FindingHappiness
Oh ok, how many marks did you get in your coursework? I got 2 marks off a C in the exam so ended up with a C overall. If you DM your email I can email you some bits that I have for AS and A2. Examplar scripts really help too, I have managed to write 2 Band 4 responses to a past paper using examplar answers, but untimed (for AS). Out of curiousity did you go to the lecture days at the IoE for The SFI and Love Through The Ages? Also, I have notes on Phenomenal Woman and Still I rise x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 55/60 in the coursework and a C in the exam... I only just missed the B in the exam and A overall....

I did actually go to the IOE talk, indeed!!
Oh wow! Congrats! I got 51/60 my comparison piece wasn't 24 so it let me down a bit. I am an aiming for an A too, Love Through the Ages is kind of tough though... Cool! I thought they were really useful- it was great hearing Jeanette Winterson and Owen Sheers speak about their work too, really inspiring! Although, the A2 one was slightly better IMO. Having said that the lecturer from the University of Westminster had a tendency to describe rather than analyse the texts… What did you think about them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icharliee
I got 55/60 in the coursework and a C in the exam... I only just missed the B in the exam and A overall....

I did actually go to the IOE talk, indeed!!

Just wondering is there any chance that you still have the booklets from those lecture days? I was trying to find my SFI one and was just wondering if you knew which texts they were. I know there was 'Spies' a play about national identity but I can't remember the name and a poem about this lady walking down the stairs trying to figure out who is at the door or something and then it turns out to be a child.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending