The Student Room Group

Are the Green party a joke?

what is their view on population?

if what they're saying is right and global warming is due to human activity, why don't they propose a 2 child policy to slow the population growth?

it's because they don't give a toss about the environment. they only care about communism, they want to make everybody equally poor since they hate rich ppl and men (mainly men)

discuss

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why start impinging on human rights with child policies? I'd rather see people actually reducing their carbon footprint, which if we all did, could reduce AGW. However, I don't believe AGW is real. I believe natural climate variability is the cause. Those hockey stick graphs can be misleading and dependent on the political ideologies of their author. A lot of climate scientists are bias and believe AGW is real, and this shows in their papers, particularly statistical data they use to substantiate their belief. A recent study by Cook et al revealed 97% of climate scientists believe in AGW, but the study itself is a giant statistical manipulation. Something like 66% of scientists did not vote either for or against AGW, but the study grouped them as voting for AGW.

I think climate change is a controversy designed as always for profit.
Original post by Bruise
Why start impinging on human rights with child policies? I'd rather see people actually reducing their carbon footprint, which if we all did, could reduce AGW. However, I don't believe AGW is real. I believe natural climate variability is the cause. Those hockey stick graphs can be misleading and dependent on the political ideologies of their author. A lot of climate scientists are bias and believe AGW is real, and this shows in their papers, particularly statistical data they use to substantiate their belief. A recent study by Cook et al revealed 97% of climate scientists believe in AGW, but the study itself is a giant statistical manipulation. Something like 66% of scientists did not vote either for or against AGW, but the study grouped them as voting for AGW.

I think climate change is a controversy designed as always for profit.
listen here mate, they keep talking about climate change and how it's 99% behind human activity so if they REALLY liked the earth like they pretend they do, then they'd consider restricting the population
Reply 3
Original post by harryarmpits
listen here mate, they keep talking about climate change and how it's 99% behind human activity so if they REALLY liked the earth like they pretend they do, then they'd consider restricting the population

Population isn't the problem. Industrialisng nations like China are the problem.

In 2013, China emitted 29% of global GHG emissions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29239194
Original post by Bruise
Population isn't the problem. Industrialisng nations like China are the problem.

In 2013, China emitted 29% of global GHG emissions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29239194

surprise surprise china has over a billion people

got anything new to say
Reply 5
surprise surprise china has over a billion people

got anything new to say

Most of their population live in poverty. It's Western nations like us who are outsourcing to China because it's cheaper. We are to blame, not their billion people.
Original post by Gott
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dFn8RIXOBE

The Green Party being violated on the BBC

that interview was actually quite soft on her
Original post by Bruise
Most of their population live in poverty. It's Western nations like us who are outsourcing to China because it's cheaper. We are to blame, not their billion people.

listen here, there is a correlation between the climate change and population. simple as that. if there were only a billion ppl living on the earth, emissions would be a lot lower. u can't argue with that, unless ur an idiot
Original post by Gott
Still entertaining though

i've noticed the youtube community is very pro ukip. almost all the comments are in their favour, which is strange considering ukip poll @ 15%
A 2 child policy would be great. The more humans there are, the more we are ruining the earth.
Original post by Raymat
A 2 child policy would be great. The more humans there are, the more we are ruining the earth.

i support the movement a lot. i think it also allows families to allocate more time/energy/money to their kids if they only had 2
I think the Greens deliberately create idiotic policies to get media attention.

Which is a shame as I believe that the environment and its preservation should be at the forefront or we will all be regretting it in 50 years.
i support the movement a lot. i think it also allows families to allocate more time/energy/money to their kids if they only had 2

Yeh, having to many so many kids means that that 1 or 2 are bound to become 'buffoons' or 'hooligans'. Look at the Pakistani and Bengali community. You can learn a lot from them.
what is their view on population?

if what they're saying is right and global warming is due to human activity, why don't they propose a 2 child policy to slow the population growth?

it's because they don't give a toss about the environment. they only care about communism, they want to make everybody equally poor since they hate rich ppl and men (mainly men)

discuss

While global population growth is an issue, unless the Green Party is granted jurisdiction over India and Brazil it won't be in much of a position to do anything about it. Neither would having a 2-child policy make much of a difference while we're committed to free movement of people as a Member State of the EU. The fact that the average number of children per family in the UK is 1.7 suggests that our population increase is not the result of reproduction but of net influx of people from overseas.

Also, there are solutions to reducing the impact of human activity other than reducing the number of humans. One example would be subsidising the development of sustainable energy resources.
The green party have a lot of good policies it's just that the media is out to get them
Your argument contradicts itself, you say the green party is communist (which it isn't) then say they don't want to control people like an actual communist party like in china. Also if you actually looked into their policies instead of making presumptions from the little you've heard or read in papers, you'll see they don't want people to be poor they actually want to help the poor get richer and make the gap between rich and poor smaller, people do not need to be multi-millionaires, you would have more money than you knew what to do with, while some people can't even afford food. Just because they want to tax the rich does not mean they want everyone to live like peasants
Tree hugging wackjobs.
Original post by Colonel Agansu
The green party have a lot of good policies it's just that the media is out to get them

That's debatable
Original post by AstroNandos
That's debatable

Not really, the media does seem to be out to get them, just by referring to them as a far left group makes people believe they aren't serious and are "communist" but in fact they are just a genuinely left group unlike labour. Also they exclusion form the debates a little while ago just shows how the media didn't want the greens to be heard.
Original post by Becca.H96
Not really, the media does seem to be out to get them, just by referring to them as a far left group makes people believe they aren't serious and are "communist" but in fact they are just a genuinely left group unlike labour. Also they exclusion form the debates a little while ago just shows how the media didn't want the greens to be heard.

i'd rather vote labour than vote green and that's saying A LOT

green party is a complete joke (SRS)

Quick Reply

Latest