The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Nursing September 2015

Hi guys, I've received a conditional offer pending my DBS check (I am a mature student) and was wondering who else would be joining me in September to study Adult Nursing, I'm really excited and was hoping to find some other people before we start :smile:

Scroll to see replies

How long ago did you receive your offer and when was your interview?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
I have recieved an offer for sept too. I came Tuesday 20th for my interview and got an offer the following day :smile:
Reply 3
I think mine was on the 19th and got a phone call the next day to tell me about my offer, they wanted me to start in March initially but I wasn't able to! Will you be living in student accommodation Philippa? x
I've got an offer for adult nursing for September 2015
I've got a conditional offer, all distinction on my access course, already got one merit so don't meet the criteria. They said they'd still consider me tho. Anyone goin to the visit day at the end if April.
Reply 6
I had my interview on the 19th and received an offer next day as long as I got all merits on my access course. Not sure if I want MMU or Salford tho?!
Original post by sjohnkel
I had my interview on the 19th and received an offer next day as long as I got all merits on my access course. Not sure if I want MMU or Salford tho?!
that's a good offer, most people I know requires all distinctions, have you got a previous degree in anything or can you speak another language because I was told that's when they'd offer all merits. I've got a Salford interview next week, do you think Salford is a better uni.
Reply 8
Original post by Nearlyanurse
that's a good offer, most people I know requires all distinctions, have you got a previous degree in anything or can you speak another language because I was told that's when they'd offer all merits. I've got a Salford interview next week, do you think Salford is a better uni.

The interview at salford is harder, theres a maths test with 30 questions which contain alot of conversions and fraction questions. Plus a 1-1 interview aswell as a group discussion.
I'm not sure on whats the better uni, MMU has much better feedback from students, but salford is known for being a brilliant school for nursing.
Sorry no degree or other language but I do have previous experience? A few in my class have also been offered the same conditions so not why why you've been told that. It could be depending on each persons personal statement maybe.
Original post by sjohnkel
The interview at salford is harder, theres a maths test with 30 questions which contain alot of conversions and fraction questions. Plus a 1-1 interview aswell as a group discussion.
I'm not sure on whats the better uni, MMU has much better feedback from students, but salford is known for being a brilliant school for nursing.
Sorry no degree or other language but I do have previous experience? A few in my class have also been offered the same conditions so not why why you've been told that. It could be depending on each persons personal statement maybe.
yeah maybe. They must have really wanted you. What college do you go too.
Reply 10
Hi, what interview questions did they ask you?
Original post by seru19
Hi, what interview questions did they ask you?
one of the questions was about respect, one was about dignity. One was about social media. Sorry I can't remember the rest, there were 6 in total. My interview was in November so they've gone out of my head. Have you got an interview coming up.
Reply 12
Thank you! I have an interview at mmu in a few weeks and not confident in interviews so dreading what they will ask.
Original post by seru19
Thank you! I have an interview at mmu in a few weeks and not confident in interviews so dreading what they will ask.

It's really relaxed there. I'm awful at interviews, my mind goes blank but they talk you through the question if you get stuck. The mmu interview was the most relaxed one I've had.
Reply 14
That has reassured me! My mind goes blank too then I start stuttering :frown: Can I ask what your written test was based on ?
Original post by seru19
That has reassured me! My mind oes blank too then I start stuttering :frown: Can I ask what your written test was based on ?

It will be one of the NHS core values. Mine was working together for the patient. It's not a big part, I only wrote a paragraph.
Reply 16
i have an interview for mmu tomorrow. My mind has gone blank! i can't think of how to put why i want to be a nurse into a good paragraph, can anyone help please?
Reply 17
Hi I have a conditional offer and I will be starting in September 😃 I only need merits and work experience. I'm really looking forward to the new adventure x
Reply 18
I was just offered a place on the Adult Nursing Course for MMU starting in September! I'm waiting to hear back from a few other universities but I'm almost sure I want to have MMU as my firm choice :smile:
Hiya Sarah. I've also been offered mmu but I'm really torn between there and Salford. Don't know which is the best.

Quick Reply

Latest