The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pete_91
As I said after the City game it was one single poster that said that, you decided to extrapolate that to the majority of our fan-base to suit your bull**** agenda

It was 2 posters.
Original post by jam277
It was 2 posters.

Just read back a few pages, think my post on the City thread was before the second poster made the claim. Either way 2 posters vs an entire fan base as Gob tried to imply is hardly equivalent.
I'll admit the loss today does lessen our chances of winning the title, but I'm still confident.
You're still deluded
Original post by AliRizzo
A short gap relative to what it could have been or usually is at this time of year. I do think we'll win next week, mainly in part to you lot being massive bottlers at the lane. Not sure why but your home record is pretty awful.

What you sayin' fam?
Original post by YesAllMen
What you sayin' fam?

Europa league sideman.
Who was that guy that was talking about catching Chelsea lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one said we WERE going to win the league, the two rather optimistic posters just said it was possible.

11 points isn't insurmountable and other teams have done it before. We are 100% not gonna win the league, 3rd being the best we can hope for tbh. Nonetheless it's just 2 extremely optimistic comments that basically were saying that now we had (seemingly) found a way to win big away games we could go on a massive charge and end up in the mix for the title...theoretically this was possible but as we saw this weekend football really isn't ****ing theoretical

In reality this is not gonna happen as I said, however, given that we are flat track bullies and have only been let down by our performance in big games their comments weren't quite as deluded as people are making out.

Yeah we 100% won't the league, but all they said was that it was possible. ****ing wummers trying to spin offhand optimistic comments into an official Gooner announcement

#wummersgonnawum
#bummersgonnabum

coyg
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1188
Why the **** is there even a discussion about this?

No ones gotta explain anything.

If people think that two/three comments = the whole fan base then..

k den.
Cazorla and Ramsey really let Coquelin down yesterday, he did all he could (a record 9 interceptions in a single game this season) but if 2 of your 3 midfielders go walkabouts there really is only going to be one result.
Original post by sr90
City have been absolute **** for 2 months, no guarantee that they'll finish 2nd. You'd assume that Yaya/Bony will do the business for them on their return, but then equally you'd assume they'd beat Middlesborough, Hull, Burnley and Stoke at home. Their home form has dropped massively compared to previous years.

I reckon by the time Yaya and Bony get going it'll be too late. Certainly to win the PL anyway.

See how they cope with being in the thick of a top 4 scrap if they drop points against Stoke midweek.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be fair Stoke need to be involved in the Nfl league rather than the Premier league for all the fouls they create in one game.
Original post by Pete_91
Cazorla and Ramsey really let Coquelin down yesterday, he did all he could (a record 9 interceptions in a single game this season) but if 2 of your 3 midfielders go walkabouts there really is only going to be one result.

Cazorla's lack of influence on the game was the most telling - especially given his impressive recent form.
cheering on west ham now.

United getting dicked over is the only way to salvage this weekend
Original post by Mackay
Cazorla's lack of influence on the game was the most telling - especially given his impressive recent form.

He dictates our tempo so when he plays badly we struggle badly.
Jenkinson winner would be delightful
Anyone else think Jonathon Walters has an uncanny resemblance to Ronaldo (Brazillian Ronaldo)?
Yes Kouyate. Saving grace for this weekend would be United losing.

Best vine I have ever seen. :rofl:

Latest