The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

I am the lizard queen
feeling kind of confused and wounded... :cry2:
2500 emails deleted, 250 more complicated ones left to deal with.
Original post by bad_username
feeling kind of confused and wounded... :cry2:

What's up? :smile:
Original post by IDukem
What's up? :smile:

I'm pan (i started that pan post if you've seen it) but my boyfriend doesn't know. and it's killing me that i'm lying to him. so i asked today what he though of gay people, and he said they're weird. weird. i just.. i feel i should tell him but i can't after today. everything is a mess:ashamed2:
I'm pan (i started that pan post if you've seen it) but my boyfriend doesn't know. and it's killing me that i'm lying to him. so i asked today what he though of gay people, and he said they're weird. weird. i just.. i feel i should tell him but i can't after today. everything is a mess:ashamed2:

Sorry I haven't seen it :redface:

Talking to him about sexuality might help him come to realise what he said is not true. Allow him to explain himself because he might have said the wrong word when he meant another...although the alternatives of said word doesn't seem bright.

Besides, if this guy truly thinks that homosexuality is weird and/or pan-sexuality etc. is too, does he really deserve to be in your life never-mind being your boyfriend?

The only thing that you could have done was possibly telling him to begin with prior to committing a relationship with him (excluding this hindsight thing), because if he reacted badly to it, you'd have dodged the biggest bullet. However, the stigma that is around us today in regards to sexuality and mental health makes me understand why you didn't :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IDukem
Sorry I haven't seen it :redface:

Talking to him about sexuality might help him come to realise what he said is not true. Allow him to explain himself because he might have said the wrong word when he meant another...although the alternatives of said word doesn't seem bright.

Besides, if this guy truly thinks that homosexuality is weird and/or pan-sexuality etc. is too, does he really deserve to be in your life never-mind being your boyfriend?

The only thing that you could have done was possibly telling him to begin with prior to committing a relationship with him (excluding this hindsight thing), because if he reacted badly to it, you'd have dodged the biggest bullet. However, the stigma that is around us even now in regards to sexuality and mental health makes me udnerstand why you didn't :smile:

thank you for understanding :redface:

Spoiler

thank you for understanding :redface:

No worries! :h:

What do you feel you should do? :smile:
Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by IDukem
No worries! :h:

What do you feel you should do? :smile:

tell him, help him understand. i guess if he doesnt accept it he's not worth it.. but it would kill me to lose him
tell him, help him understand. i guess if he doesnt accept it he's not worth it.. but it would kill me to lose him

If he doesn't accept who you are, then of course the first part of the break-up will hurt, but you will find that you'll feel better in the long run :yep:
Original post by IDukem
If he doesn't accept who you are, then of course the first part of the break-up will hurt, but you will find that you'll feel better in the long run :yep:

:cute: okay, i feel better about it now and you're right
All I need to become friends with her again is accept that it's not because I wasn't good enough that she left but because it was impossible to become long term due to our cultural differences. I've took a year reaching this point,
:cute: okay, i feel better about it now and you're right

At the end of the day, it's your decision and you should do what you feel will make you happier :smile: Regardless of the outcome, the MHSS will be here for you :h:
Original post by IDukem
At the end of the day, it's your decision and you should do what you feel will make you happier :smile: Regardless of the outcome, the MHSS will be here for you :h:

oh i'll alway end up back here for som reason or another
oh i'll alway end up back here for som reason or another

You're welcome here anyways :h:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7

Spoiler

am fine, dw. you ok? :frown:
Original post by ScaryScience
am fine, dw. you ok? :frown:

:loveduck:

bleh :cry2: will be okay. feel really numb and oddly logical if that makes sense? :frown:
Anyone around to be sent a PM? dont feel like posting things aout my feelings on a massive thread right now

Latest