Scroll to see replies

Hiya! I'm aiming on getting the following grades
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
History - A*
Sociology - A*
Textiles - A*
Statistics A
Fingers crossed I'll achieve my goals by July!

Spoiler

Just in time!!! Puddles will PM you with regards to your grade verification, however, in the meantime, feel free to make your blog in the Grow your Grades forum! If you have any questions, you can head over to the discussion thread, or just quote me into a reply! Best of luck!
The GROW YOUR GRADES COMPETITION IS CLOSING TOMORROW!!! (9th FEB!) ENTER NOW TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING!!!

Reply 343
Well, I aced my GCSE's last year (2a*s, 6a's, 4b's) but some issues came up in my life this year when starting AS... and everythings gone completely downhill..

I'm predicted an ALPS of ABB which is what I want to achieve...
but I just did my mocks and got what I expected tbh...

U - Biology (By the end of the year I would like: A or B)
U - Maths Core & Mechanics (By the end of the year I would like: A or B)
E - Graphics ((By the end of the year I would like: A or B)
B - Spanish (By the end of the year I would like: A) (I'm fluent & bilingual)

As you can see I have found this year tremendously difficult as well as having to deal with some serious emotional issues and I would really like to turn it all around if I can now for the exams in May & June.
Haven't had higher than a U in maths this year in any of my end of scheme tests yet and it's really bugging me knowing that I should be on a B at least...

It seems impossible, it really does... but I'm gonna give it a go.
hi, I'm in year 10 and currently doing my GCSE's. I chose: triple science, history, geography, AS sociology and Spanish. Ideally, I need to get only A's and A*s because I need to get into Cambridge university so I can then study psychology. However, right now, it seems impossible since all my grades are C or lower.
Reply 345
I have tried to post a blog (which is being checked now) but I cant verify my grades until Monday. I'm at uni and I don't have a transcript from last year, so I have to wait for them to email it to me - i know my overall grade but the only proof available is that transcript. Can i enter without the verification? and add it on monday?
Original post by Ann1994
I have tried to post a blog (which is being checked now) but I cant verify my grades until Monday. I'm at uni and I don't have a transcript from last year, so I have to wait for them to email it to me - i know my overall grade but the only proof available is that transcript. Can i enter without the verification? and add it on monday?

Do you mean Monday as in tomorrow?
Reply 347
Original post by mobbsy91
Do you mean Monday as in tomorrow?

Yes :smile: Is that ok?
Original post by Ann1994
Yes :smile: Is that ok?

Yup - Puddles the Monkey will PM you about the verification tomorrow (or tuesday!) - in the meantime, your blog will be up there, Puddles will post to it when she's verified your grades!
Reply 349
Yup - Puddles the Monkey will PM you about the verification tomorrow (or tuesday!) - in the meantime, your blog will be up there, Puddles will post to it when she's verified your grades!

Great! Thank you! :smile:
My goals:

I'd love to get an A* for A2 English Lit...and maybe an A* for Sociology as well! :smile:
Reply 351
I started GCSE biology, chemistry, physics, maths and English in September so far I got an A* in Biology, an A in physics and an A in chemistry. I would really like to get an A* in physics and chemistry and 100% in biology(I dropped two marks last time :mad:)I would also like to try getting a B in English and 100% in maths(I'm currently a C in both)
Hi guys!

I too will be joining you all. I'll start with my predicted grades: ABC

I want to get A*AA and a* at epq which seems like a long shot as I didn't do amazingly well at AS. But nothing is impossible, I just need to work hard and stay motivated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Awesome! Getting in just in time!!! Puddles will PM you soon about your grade verification! In the meantime you can set up your blog! If you have any questions don't hesitate to hit the reply button!

Good luck!
Original post by Gingerbread101
:woo: Introducing TSR's new Grow your Grades Competition!! :woo:

Please keep this thread just for entries, head over to our discussion thread for chat

Need some motivation to get your grades where you want? For our brand new study help transformation competition, we're asking you whether there's one subject (or module if you're at uni) that you want to improve on.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Keep us all updated about how you're progressing in that subject through your blog and share with the TSR community your high and low points, strategies for success, latest assessments, and get help and feedback!

Why should I enter?

Our Study Help team will be on hand to give you hints and tips on how to improve, along with help and motivation from the rest of TSR

Improve on your weakest subject to prepare for your exams

Share your experiences and gain advice from other participants

Plus on top of improving your grades, there's going to be great prizes for the entrants that...

Make the biggest change in their grades

Keep the best blog

Overcame the biggest hurdle

How to enter:

The closing date for entries is 9th February 2015

Reply to this thread to express your interest (remember to mention your goals!) :dumbells:

Email Puddles the Monkey a picture/proof of your current grades- she will then verify this to everyone else (so you don't have to post your details publicly).

Set up your blog here

The competition ends on GCSE Results day 2015

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

If you want to improve your grades and have the chance to win great prizes, then enter here and start your blog!

Linked image copyright Matt Biddulph.

Hey,I would love to become a participant in this programme . I am aiming for:
A in AS Chemistry
A* in AS History
A in AS Philosophy and Ethics.
(edited 9 years ago)
The Study Help: Grow your Grades Competition will be closing at 6:00pm today.

ENTER NOW TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING!

:banana::banana::banana:

Please post in this thread and make a blog to confirm your entry. You do not have to have your grades verified until the 16th February!
(edited 9 years ago)
The Study Help: Grow your Grades Competition will be closing at 6:00pm today.

ENTER NOW TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING!

:banana::banana::banana:

Hi there. Would it be possible to send Puddles the Monkey my exam result photo after 6 ? My school finishes around 4.00-4.15 today (it's the regular finishing time for my school) and I don't think it would be possible for me to retrieve my copy of my term report and send it to Puddles before then. I have set up my blog and replied to the first post on this thread.
Original post by Winading001
Hi there. Would it be possible to send Puddles the Monkey my exam result photo after 6 ? My school finishes around 4.00-4.15 today (it's the regular finishing time for my school) and I don't think it would be possible for me to retrieve my copy of my term report and send it to Puddles before then. I have set up my blog and replied to the first post on this thread.

Hi, that's no problem! As long as you've posted here, and got a blog, that's fine! We will be allowing an extra week to get everyone's grades confirmed!
hi guys.
Last year in AS I did very bad.
This year I'd like to get a* a a in biology, chemistry and physics.
I underachieved massively and got c d e.
Sounds impossible but I'll try my best :smile:
I've PM'd everyone! :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending