The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by guitaristemily
Anyone around to be sent a PM? dont feel like posting things aout my feelings on a massive thread right now

You should try connecting to a listener on this website. http://www.7cupsoftea.com/ It really does help! Please try it! <3
Guys what sort of mental health professional can help me with my paranoia around relationships and many triggering things

Spoiler

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Guys what sort of mental health professional can help me with my paranoia around relationships and many triggering things

Spoiler

Have you tried relationship counselling? Which has been suggested to me for completely different reasons.
Original post by OU Student
Have you tried relationship counselling? Which has been suggested to me for completely different reasons.

considered it but I do not know where to go-several people have suggested I am too young for Relate, I don't know any others

do you mind if I ask what your reasons for going are? :smile:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
considered it but I do not know where to go-several people have suggested I am too young for Relate, I don't know any others

do you mind if I ask what your reasons for going are? :smile:

There might be some local ones in your area? I'm sure your GP has a list of people you coulc ontact too?

It's to do with inappropriate behaviour towards others. I have Autism and unfortuantely, I tend to become obsessed with other people. It in part, led to a major depressive episode in 2010 and I know I'm going through it again. Although, for the most part, I've managed to hide it.
Reply 805
Does anyone feel a bit better when bad things happen to people that have been dicks to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How has this thread made it to 41pages and I have yet to post.

Hope all is going well for you guys! :grouphug: :jumphug:
Original post by PandaWho
Does anyone feel a bit better when bad things happen to people that have been dicks to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

kind of :ninja: I know it's bad but I'm kinda hoping the girl who was a ****e friend to me last year fails her exams :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 808
Original post by Odd socks
kind of :ninja: I know it's bad but I'm kinda hoping the girl who was a ****e friend to me last year fails her exams :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just found out the lass that WAS my best mate at uni has just found her housemate has put her room up for rent without telling her, makes me feel happy that shell be homeless with a job :ninja:

Lets hope she fails takes a year out then youll have left by then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really really cant do this :'(
Original post by ScaryScience

You can, you're really really strong and you can :hugs: Can you go to A&E or something if your really not safe, please? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
You can, you're really really strong and you can :hugs: Can you go to A&E or something if your really not safe, please? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks but im really not sure I can :'(

:hugs:

-------------

Reading my diary from when I was ill the first time makes me sad, I was so mean to myself :frown:Not too fond of writing it now either tbh, makes it feel more real:s-smilie:
thanks but im really not sure I can :'(

:s-smilie: Wish I could help in some way but please please please try and stay safe :frown:

Original post by Anonymous #2
:hugs:

-------------

Reading my diary from when I was ill the first time makes me sad, I was so mean to myself :frown:Not too fond of writing it now either tbh, makes it feel more real:s-smilie:

Hugs for you too, being kind to yourself can be hard but you definitely deserve to be, so hope you can be sometimes. Hope you're ok ;hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 814
Thinking of volunteering at a mentoring place :s-smilie: eeeek

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

Hugs for you too, being kind to yourself can be hard but you definitely deserve to be, so hope you can be sometimes. Hope you're ok ;hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's the balance between self care and pushing myself that I find hard. Whenever I'm kind to myself I think I'm lazy but whenever I push myself it makes me feel worse. When I write stuff down in my diary I just write what's been happening and how I've been feeling but when I read it back it doesn't feel like it's me, like I've made it all up or something. You didn't need to know any of that, sorry :colondollar: :redface:

Hope you're ok :hugs: The MHSS blanket fort is still under construction :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
so dissociated
Feeling really disconnected and lonely tonight :/ :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #2
Yeah, it's the balance between self care and pushing myself that I find hard. Whenever I'm kind to myself I think I'm lazy but whenever I push myself it makes me feel worse. When I write stuff down in my diary I just write what's been happening and how I've been feeling but when I read it back it doesn't feel like it's me, like I've made it all up or something. You didn't need to know any of that, sorry :colondollar: :redface:

Hope you're ok :hugs: The MHSS blanket fort is still under construction :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can relate to what you're saying about the diary. While I don't keep one at the moment, when I've done so in the past it always sounds totally disconnected from me. I always end up thinking "how the **** did you manage that?". Anyways, yeah, sorry, just saying you're not alone. :console:

I would love to get in the fort with you guys but I still have strep throat so I'd probably give it to y'all and you'd hate me :tongue:
Original post by Jay018
Feeling really disconnected and lonely tonight :/ :frown:

:hugs: I also feel lonely. :frown:

(good (well not really but hopefully you understand the sentiment) to see you back btw :smile: )

Latest