The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Has anyone received an offer for Computer Science ?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Could anyone please let me know which accommodation has the best social life?
Original post by georgiaaaa96

Towers.
Original post by inthechaos
What did people wear for their interviews? I'm starting to go crazy trying to figure out what is too formal and what is too casual.

Went to my interview on the 28th, its informal and more of a chitchat as opposed to an actual interview. Everyone was dressed casually, I myself wore black jenes, blue top and a jacket.

Original post by Monier
Has anyone received an offer for Computer Science ?

Not yet, on Wednesday when I went for my interview the chat went well and he said he'd give me the standard offer so I assume it'll show up on UCAS at some point this week.
Original post by georgiaaaa96

Original post by SonofPeace
Towers.

16 people in one level there, ~£73 a week, you share 1 large kitchen with two 4 nob stoves & ovens as well as 2 toilets and 2 showers between the 16 of you.
Good luck everyone with their interviews this week, got mine for law next week, bricking it!
I'm going to the open day in the 11th! Who else is on here?
Also been invited to this 'experience Essex' day for the 28th to get an insight more as to what my course will be like
I have an offer for International Relations :smile:
Essex has recently been ranked the top politics department in the UK according to the REF 2014 results... Hope this is accurate! Lol but yeah...
I'm currently set on going to both the open day and the offer holder say, but I want your opinions on whether it's really worth going to both... Will the open day be enough

ALSO - I will need to find a job to support myself if I go to the uni as I will be living in halls and my student loan won't cover all my living costs..
Do they have any on campus jobs available and stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasmaaaaaan
I'm going to the open day in the 11th! Who else is on here?
Also been invited to this 'experience Essex' day for the 28th to get an insight more as to what my course will be like
I have an offer for International Relations :smile:
Essex has recently been ranked the top politics department in the UK according to the REF 2014 results... Hope this is accurate! Lol but yeah...
I'm currently set on going to both the open day and the offer holder say, but I want your opinions on whether it's really worth going to both... Will the open day be enough

ALSO - I will need to find a job to support myself if I go to the uni as I will be living in halls and my student loan won't cover all my living costs..
Do they have any on campus jobs available and stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In terms of which day is more important, the offer holder day is, you'll get to have a taster of what your lessons will be like and it will be a lot more specific to your course. So that day will be of more value to you, plus everything you do at the opening day like campus and accommodation tours will also be included in the offer holder day as well.

Yes, do they do have on campus jobs, so you should be able to get one of those.
Is there a facebook page for essex 2015 offer holders/firmers?
Original post by LegendReborn
In terms of which day is more important, the offer holder day is, you'll get to have a taster of what your lessons will be like and it will be a lot more specific to your course. So that day will be of more value to you, plus everything you do at the opening day like campus and accommodation tours will also be included in the offer holder day as well.

Yes, do they do have on campus jobs, so you should be able to get one of those.

Do you happen to know what sort of jobs? and a rough salary? Also are they difficult to get? I'd imagine lots of people in my situation wanting to get them...
Reply 90
Has anyone recieved a group interview for English Lit at Essex on the 11 March?
Original post by okcool
Has anyone recieved a group interview for English Lit at Essex on the 11 March?

I've had mine - it's literally an informal chat with one of the admissions tutors.
Reply 92
Original post by SonofPeace
I've had mine - it's literally an informal chat with one of the admissions tutors.

Is that literally it?? Like what did you guys do in the interview?
Original post by okcool
Is that literally it?? Like what did you guys do in the interview?

the woman who took our interview - Diedra? (spelt it wrong) was very nice, she asked us each what literature we liked and what we read etc (not as a test but why we liked what we like, very easy) and then we looked at a Petrarchan sonnet and the prologue to Romeo and Juliet and just discussed it. Was very easy going. Just dont be the person who lists off reading the books they did for A level...
Reply 94
Just got an unconditional offer for the history program. Are there any other history offer holders?

Still waiting responses from my other 4 applications, so did not quite decide yet.
I have for Law and Human Rights on 4th February, you?

Hi, I hope your interview went well, I was just wondering what kind of questions they asked, and what did people wear?
Original post by angelfox
Hi, I hope your interview went well, I was just wondering what kind of questions they asked, and what did people wear?

I really messed up my interview because of nerves. People were just dressed smartish, so like dark jeans and shirt with a jumper or dresses and things like that. One or two people were in suits but they looked ridiculous in all fairness. The questions were like why law, why essex, a problem question and then a question asking about a relevant current affair. They may be different for you but that was mine. The interview is about 20 minutes so be prepared for that. Good luck though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really messed up my interview because of nerves. People were just dressed smartish, so like dark jeans and shirt with a jumper or dresses and things like that. One or two people were in suits but they looked ridiculous in all fairness. The questions were like why law, why essex, a problem question and then a question asking about a relevant current affair. They may be different for you but that was mine. The interview is about 20 minutes so be prepared for that. Good luck though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So like it was a group interview?
Original post by angelfox
So like it was a group interview?

I was interviewed at the same time by 2 people, one lecturer and one student. They're individual interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was interviewed at the same time by 2 people, one lecturer and one student. They're individual interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, thanks for your help, did they say anything about how long it'd take for a response on UCAS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending