The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jenko is having a good game
oh my days.. united may actually do it.. they may actually save the weekend for arsenal.

If it ends like this then:

southampton +3
United + 1
Spurs +1
Arsenal 0
Liverpool - 3

Not bad at all in the race for 3rd + 4th, especially considering our easy run of games coming now
You should be finishing 3rd this season tbh. Hopefully Southampton get fourth which they could well do with the fixtures they have left.
Reply 1203
Original post by fallen_acorns
oh my days.. united may actually do it.. they may actually save the weekend for arsenal.

If it ends like this then:

southampton +3
United + 1
Spurs +1
Arsenal 0
Liverpool - 3

Not bad at all in the race for 3rd + 4th, especially considering our easy run of games coming now

Mate. You always speak way too soon.

Genuinely blame you for this

:frown:
Bloody Blint
Top4 tight as a ducks ass this season but still v.confident of 3rd or maybe even 2nd

Need to hammer it in the coming weeks though. Leicester, Palace, Everton(h), QPR, WHU(h) and Newcastle(a) are our next games. I think we should win every one of those games. Obviously Monaco and Boro in there as well which should be priority but I'd like to get a little cushion before we have to go to Old Trafford and have Chelsea etc.
Blind you ****head, so that's 2 points gained by Soton and 1 by United with last minute goals.

Still, Tuesday will be good, we have to win and by some margin to get the confidence back, West Ham vs Soton and Tottenham vs Liverpool so would expect both to drop points, expect us to be in third by Tueday evening, although we'll more than likely drop to at least 4th after Soton and United play.

Still, win on Tuesday to pile on the pressure and it's not looking all too glum.

Still, only 2 more games for City til Toure and Bony are back, fully expect them to dick on every club they face from March onwards
One point or no point it doesn't matter. One slip up from them and we capitalise means we overtake them. Genuinely have no idea how Soton are going to do in the cl next year. Might even get out the group stages unlike Liverpool hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1208
Original post by AR_95
One point or no point it doesn't matter. One slip up from them and we capitalise means we overtake them. Genuinely have no idea how Soton are going to do in the cl next year. Might even get out the group stages unlike Liverpool hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think it should start midweek when we have Liecester and the rest have tougher fixtures.

Paha, you never know - remember spurs in the CL a few years back? Momentum does weird things in football
Scousers apparently want Wil****, I say sell him for £40m put a buy back clause of £20m. Stupid enough to do it. Remember this is the club who paid £35m for Andy Carroll.
Reply 1210
Original post by angelfox
Scousers apparently want Wil****, I say sell him for £40m put a buy back clause of £20m. Stupid enough to do it. Remember this is the club who paid £35m for Andy Carroll.

Why do you hate Jack so much?
Original post by SA-1
Why do you hate Jack so much?

I think he's got talent BUT:

1) He's injury prone.
2) He ruins the balance of our team.
3) He's unprofessional
4) He undermines the boss.
5) He doesn't fit into the system.
6) His fanboys piss me off.

He should really go imo.
That Parklife vine >

1) He's injury prone.
3) He's unprofessional

He should really go imo.

Only your first two points stand, these theories that he doesn't fit into our system are flawed. Systems evolve and change over time, he may not fit in now, but he may be at the center of future ones.

Their are also other players that are on our payroll that warrant the boot a lot more than Wilshere does. He contributes more than he takes imo, and he's only 23 meaning he hasn't even reached his peak. Most Wilshere haters don't want to admit that they just have a personal issue with him (such as him being injury prone and smoking etc), his talent speaks for itself (that goal against Norwich fore example).

Let's not forget how much people wanted to sell Ramsey when he didn't fit into the system and was ****ing everything up, Or Ozil only a few weeks ago.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wilshere was our best midfielder this season before his injury...

1) He's injury prone.
3) He's unprofessional

He should really go imo.

He's one of our own, He's one of our own, Jack Wilshere, He's one of our own!
Yeah we don't need to sell Wilshere. Still potentially a top class player if he can sort a few issues out. Why are people so desperate to get rid of good squad players now we finally have decent depth?
Sell Cazorla, keep Wilshere. Super Jack is going to make it.

Cazorla has basically only ever played well in one big game for us, City whereas Jack is actually a very good big game player imo. Bayern, Barca, City this year were all really full of drive, fearlessness and ambition and that is something we dont get from most of our players. And he is a good 6 years from peak, given time I see him being one of those players who completely defines Arsenal.

Wilshere's decision making needs to improve otherwise but he dribbles like a young Iniesta and passes like a young Pirlo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lmao arsenal fans are the worst when it comes to supporting our own players but I reckon that's something to do with not wanting to blame the manager at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Birdman1234567
Only your first two points stand, these theories that he doesn't fit into our system are flawed. Systems evolve and change over time, he may not fit in now, but he may be at the center of future ones.

Their are also other players that are on our payroll that warrant the boot a lot more than Wilshere does. He contributes more than he takes imo, and he's only 23 meaning he hasn't even reached his peak. Most Wilshere haters don't want to admit that they just have a personal issue with him (such as him being injury prone and smoking etc), his talent speaks for itself (that goal against Norwich fore example).

Let's not forget how much people wanted to sell Ramsey when he didn't fit into the system and was ****ing everything up, Or Ozil only a few weeks ago.

Ramsey and Ozil have proven themselves though.

Wilshere has not.

Latest