The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelfox
Ramsey and Ozil have proven themselves though.

Wilshere has not.

1 good season doesn't mean Ramsey has proven himself lol. The fact that he's been poor throughout this season highlights he's proven nothing. He's gone back to the aimless inconsistent Ramsey of 2012, he gets away with it because of the fanboy delusion of some supporters.

I have faith in Wilshere. He's only 23 and is player a genuine quality. He's football earlier in the season was excellent. I'm confident a fully fit Wilshere can displace Ramsey from the starting 11 with ease
Sanchez is back
Original post by jit987
Sanchez is back

Source?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ramsey really has been a massive disappointment this season. He started to look like he was getting form in early December, but, to be honest, injury excuses can't even be used anymore with him. I know Rosicky plays more of an advanced role, but I'd much rather he come in for Ramsey at the moment.

Quite odd how pretty much whenever Rosicky starts he hardly ever has a "bad" game, yet he hardly does, albeit some FA Cup games. Super Tom would've smashed in another rocket in the first minute on Saturday - no doubt.
Reply 1225
Our team really looks strong as **** now, and with our run of fixtures we have no excuses not to get 3rd/2nd.

We have enough players to change things around if they aren't working. On Tuesday, I would like us up like this:

Ospina
Bellerin Merta Kosc Monreal
Coq Ramsey
Walcott Cazorla Sanchez
Giroud

Which'll mean we have a bench like this:

Shez
Gabriel
Ozil
Wilshere
Welbeck
Gibbs
Rosicky

^ that is one strong bench.. Can't even fit Chambers and Flamini on it

Ozil for Cazorla
Welbeck for Theo
Wilshere for Ramsey

Heck, I would even even give Gabriel his first start. At home vs a bottom of the league side should be a good place to start shouldn't it

We should really win by at least a 3 goal margin, we really need to pump up our GD because I can bet it'll play a part in May
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Our team really looks strong as **** now, and with our run of fixtures we have no excuses not to get 3rd/2nd.

We have enough players to change things around if they aren't working. On Tuesday, I would like us up like this:

Ospina
Coq Ramsey
Walcott Cazorla Sanchez
Giroud

Shez
Gabriel
Ozil
Wilshere
Welbeck
Gibbs
Rosicky

Ozil for Cazorla
Welbeck for Theo
Wilshere for Ramsey

Heck, I would even even give Gabriel his first start. At home vs a bottom of the league side should be a good place to start shouldn't it

We should really win by at least a 3 goal margin, we really need to pump up our GD because I can bet it'll play a part in May

I'm still gutted over our loss at Spurs :frown:
Original post by SA-1

Ospina
Coq Ramsey
Walcott Cazorla Sanchez
Giroud

Shez
Gabriel
Ozil
Wilshere
Welbeck
Gibbs
Rosicky

Ozil for Cazorla
Welbeck for Theo
Wilshere for Ramsey

That team aint that strong to me especially when many of them are ridiculously injury prone. Wenger needs to sign a lot of players in the summer if he is serious about going for the title next season.
Reply 1228
Original post by Stefano93
I'm still gutted over our loss at Spurs :frown:

I hear you man.. United, spurs, Liverpool and city drew.

If we had won 2-1 rather than lost it, we would have been.. 4th, only behind by 1 GD.

Chelsea - Pts (56) GD (33)
City - Pts (49) GD (23)
Soton - Pts (45) GD (21)
Arsenal - Pts (45) GD (20)

We really ****ed up

*sigh*
Original post by al_94
That team aint that strong to me especially when many of them are ridiculously injury prone. Wenger needs to sign a lot of players in the summer if he is serious about going for the title next season.

No, he just needs to warn his players that they're not guaranteed to keep their starting places every week. That'll make them work harder.
Reply 1230
Original post by al_94

True say that team won't remain like that for long, but as it stands we really need to take advantage of it.

I have a feeling we'll get Schneiderlin in the summer, but tbf.. If Coq keeps it up then Wenger will find it hard to buy an established CDM, especially since we now have Bielk.

Also, the competition will really help make everyone perform better. I think the Shez situation really proved that if you **** about, you're dropped - which I prefer if I'm honest.
(edited 9 years ago)
for me in the summer, its a case of strengthening a small few areas.. and then anywhere else will depend on quality players becoming avaliable..

We need a new CM to replace arteta...

But that is about it for me in terms of 'need' its not like last summer when we absolutly needed 3-4 new players to have any chance..

I dont feel thats the case any more, only one position do we absolutly need someone to fill..

After that its just strengthening places that are alaredy solid, and making them world-class.. like last season, we did not really need a winger - but sanchez has come in and liften us to a new level.

a better keeper would be a plus, a better striker would be a plus, a WC midfield option would be good.. id even take a new defender, if mert goes.. or maybe a winger as we look to loose pod + campbel..

But its kind of nice going into a window feeling that we only really desperatly need, one player.
Reply 1232
Original post by fallen_acorns
for me in the summer, its a case of strengthening a small few areas.. and then anywhere else will depend on quality players becoming avaliable..

We need a new CM to replace arteta...

But that is about it for me in terms of 'need' its not like last summer when we absolutly needed 3-4 new players to have any chance..

I dont feel thats the case any more, only one position do we absolutly need someone to fill..

After that its just strengthening places that are alaredy solid, and making them world-class.. like last season, we did not really need a winger - but sanchez has come in and liften us to a new level.

a better keeper would be a plus, a better striker would be a plus, a WC midfield option would be good.. id even take a new defender, if mert goes.. or maybe a winger as we look to loose pod + campbel..

But its kind of nice going into a window feeling that we only really desperatly need, one player.

Yup, pretty much agree with this.

Though, I think with Gabriel & Chambers around we should look at the LB position more than the CB postion. Monreal is 29 in a few weeks.. And Gibbs is far too injury prone.

I think Wenger held out for an established CDM so that he can sign a world class one in the summer. A world class signing there will really lift the team up and would essentially give our defence and attack a boost. Get that in the summer and I'm quite happy with our team.

Then we could add luxury players..
Original post by shawn_o1
No, he just needs to warn his players that they're not guaranteed to keep their starting places every week. That'll make them work harder.

Walcott, Gibbs, Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere & Ox are all ridiculously injury prone. If you look at Chelsea they hardly ever get injuries but Arsenal is probably the most injured team in the league. You can't compete for the title with players who miss months every season.
Original post by sevchenko
1 good season doesn't mean Ramsey has proven himself lol. The fact that he's been poor throughout this season highlights he's proven nothing. He's gone back to the aimless inconsistent Ramsey of 2012, he gets away with it because of the fanboy delusion of some supporters.

I have faith in Wilshere. He's only 23 and is player a genuine quality. He's football earlier in the season was excellent. I'm confident a fully fit Wilshere can displace Ramsey from the starting 11 with ease

Ramsey was good in 09/10, 12-13. Just because he started scoring didn't mean it was his one good season.

Look at our win % record with Wilshere. Look at it without.

The last time we won a game and he played the full 90 minutes was a year ago.

Shoutout to Paddy McNair who saved our season.
Original post by YesAllMen
What you sayin' fam?

Looks like we bottled it this time. Gave too much respect to a poor side and we were punished for it. Will still be very surprised if you lot finish above us though.
Original post by angelfox
Ramsey was good in 09/10, 12-13. Just because he started scoring didn't mean it was his one good season.

Look at our win % record with Wilshere. Look at it without.

The last time we won a game and he played the full 90 minutes was a year ago.

Shoutout to Paddy McNair who saved our season.

He was OK in 09/10 but he was nothing special really, not sure why you're citing a season that was five years ago as an indication of current quality

Can you honestly not see anything possibly wrong with looking the stat you've suggested? It's borderline idiocy comparing Arsenal's win % when Jack is or isn't in the team as a means of determining Jack's quality an individual player.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ramsey was really quite poor for much of 2012/13 tbh. This season I'm going to say is better than that but obviously way off 2013/14 level, I think he will get back to that in time when he gets his decision making back on point and goes back to basics. If he is a Frank Lampard type then he needs to remember that doing the basics excellently and getting into scoring positions is enough to be a top midfielder. His little needless flicks and stupid shooting are mutually exclusive with that.

Cant believe people are slating Jack Wilshere when he has been our best midfielder for the first 3 months of the season, and absolutely killed it for England. Really hope he proves everyone wrong.

And if we drew Bayern/Barca in the QF for instance, I'd have JW in like a shot because those are the games he wont let you down in.
(edited 9 years ago)
I wouldn't say "people" are slating jack wilshere. Just angelfox. Who is the one who also thinks selling Giroud is a matter of urgency for us :rolleyes:
Original post by e aí rapaz
I wouldn't say "people" are slating jack wilshere. Just angelfox. Who is the one who also thinks selling Giroud is a matter of urgency for us :rolleyes:

Angelfox also doesn't rate Mata so his opinion is invalid.

Latest