The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Physical Education (PE) - June 2015 Revision Thread

Just thought I'd set up this thread so that we can start building a group of people for the exam in June.

If you do A2 PE then please join in on this. Share past papers or questions etc so that we can start to get our grades higher.

A revision thread really helped for my AS so I think this will also be beneficial if we use this for revision aswell. ))))))

Scroll to see replies

Beat me to it. Doing my talk in two weeks time and i'm not looking forward to it in the slightest. But anyway, if any of you guys are struggling and need some help (AS and A2), I suggest you look into this guy; he's very helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQWDngwhYgmMjKyzZy2dUQ
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Beat me to it. Doing my talk in two weeks time and i'm not looking forward to it in the slightest. But anyway, if any of you guys are struggling and need some help (AS and A2), I suggest you look into this guy; he's very helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQWDngwhYgmMjKyzZy2dUQ

What are u doing ur talk on? I got 18/20 doing it on Football! and Cheers!!
Original post by danwilliams33
What are u doing ur talk on? I got 18/20 doing it on Football! and Cheers!!

Wow, congrats! I'm doing mine on Badminton and I I'd ok last year (16/20) but I keep forgetting to develop my points just cos I'm nervous or something. There's so much to remember too.

What did you get for AS?
Wow, congrats! I'm doing mine on Badminton and I I'd ok last year (16/20) but I keep forgetting to develop my points just cos I'm nervous or something. There's so much to remember too.

What did you get for AS?

Yeh luckily I'm good at information retention so just memorize the points.

I got an A, You??
B, but I got 159 UMS marks, so I literally got the highest B possible. It was hugely infuriating because it ultimately affected uni choices but I'm in a good position to achieve an A
Reply 6
Do you guys have any revision notes on AS P.E, as I'm retaking the exam this year, as well as the A2 exam. I don't know where to start with it all!
Reply 7

What did you get for AS?

Hi :smile:. I'm doing my E&A on badminton too. How is yours going?
Original post by N.Choi
Hi :smile:. I'm doing my E&A on badminton too. How is yours going?

Hey, I've got it on friday and I'm pretty nervous. My mock didn't go well at all and I'm worried about forgetting it all on the spot, especially the first half. How are you finding yours?
Reply 9
Hey, I've got it on friday and I'm pretty nervous. My mock didn't go well at all and I'm worried about forgetting it all on the spot, especially the first half. How are you finding yours?

I haven't really started my E&A yet :/ but good luck on friday :smile:. What modules are you learning??
Original post by N.Choi
I haven't really started my E&A yet :/ but good luck on friday :smile:. What modules are you learning??

Thanks! I'm doing methods of training (I think that's right), Psychology and historical studies.

I must say, it's all extremely challenging
Reply 11
Thanks! I'm doing methods of training (I think that's right), Psychology and historical studies.

I must say, it's all extremely challenging

Ahh ok, I'm doing psychology, comparative studies and anatomy&physiology. What other subjects are you studying?
Original post by N.Choi
Ahh ok, I'm doing psychology, comparative studies and anatomy&physiology. What other subjects are you studying?

How is comparative studies? I hate the history in all honesty.

Maths and Biology. I'll be honest, I think P.E. is probably the hardest subject I do. What about you?
Reply 13
How is comparative studies? I hate the history in all honesty.

Maths and Biology. I'll be honest, I think P.E. is probably the hardest subject I do. What about you?

I find comparative studies the hardest chapter in my opinion, theres some stuff which we covered in AS (America and Australia).
Ohh nice, I'm studying maths and biology too :smile:. For me, I think biology is the hardest subject :/. what exam board are you for biology? What course are you going to study at university?
Original post by N.Choi
I find comparative studies the hardest chapter in my opinion, theres some stuff which we covered in AS (America and Australia).
Ohh nice, I'm studying maths and biology too :smile:. For me, I think biology is the hardest subject :/. what exam board are you for biology? What course are you going to study at university?

Oh really? There's a lot to biology but it's all fact based and has little of the meticulous developments of answers in PE. I applied for biotech and have offers for all 5 unis but it does mean that I'll need am A in PE to get into my first choice, which seems impossible right now. And yourself?
Reply 15
Oh really? There's a lot to biology but it's all fact based and has little of the meticulous developments of answers in PE. I applied for biotech and have offers for all 5 unis but it does mean that I'll need am A in PE to get into my first choice, which seems impossible right now. And yourself?

Wow, well done for getting all your offers :smile:. Start revising from now on and hopefully you'll get the A! I'm going to try revising little parts of each chapter every day to get the A too. I've applied for physiotherapy. What unis have you applied to and what are the conditions?
Original post by N.Choi
Wow, well done for getting all your offers :smile:. Start revising from now on and hopefully you'll get the A! I'm going to try revising little parts of each chapter every day to get the A too. I've applied for physiotherapy. What unis have you applied to and what are the conditions?

Physiotherapy, nice. I wanted to go into sports science for a long time but the lack of employability put me off a little. Where did you apply to?

My offers are for AAB for Leeds and York and ABB at Cardiff, Surrey and Aberdeen, I doubt I'll get an A in biology, so my hopes lie with PE
Reply 17
Physiotherapy, nice. I wanted to go into sports science for a long time but the lack of employability put me off a little. Where did you apply to?

My offers are for AAB for Leeds and York and ABB at Cardiff, Surrey and Aberdeen, I doubt I'll get an A in biology, so my hopes lie with PE

I applied to Hertfordshire, Brunel, KCL, UEA and UWE. The grade requirements are similar to your course (AAB-ABB).
Just did my talk today and I spoke for 50 minutes, and even then that was cut short. Teachers said I did well at least
Hi, im taking the As exam and the A2 exam!! has anyone got any theories on what might be coming up in both the exams?!?!

hopefully we get a nice paper!!

Quick Reply

Latest