The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TykeDragon
Grats, me too! Also want to know this.

I've got a VS offer, feel free to PM me :smile:
Original post by dc2london2014
Just found out yesterday that I (amazingly) made it through Addleshaw Goddard's telephone interview to the Assessment Centre stage. Booked in for early next week.

Well done! Good luck for the AC! When did you have your telephone interview with them? They said 1-2 weeks but I wondered if it was more like one or two :smile:
Reply 2482
Original post by nilv123
Well done! Good luck for the AC! When did you have your telephone interview with them? They said 1-2 weeks but I wondered if it was more like one or two :smile:

Good luck! How long did it take for AG to get back to you post telephone interview? Which office? Thanks :smile:
Original post by nilv123

Thanks! AC is tomorrow and it's my first proper one.

My telephone interview was exactly two weeks ago and I was invited (by phone) to the AC last Thursday.

I applied to the London office.
(edited 9 years ago)
Offer from HSF! :smile:
Reply 2485
Original post by welshboi
Offer from HSF! :smile:

Congrats! When did you apply and do you know if they have ACs throughout Feb? My application has been under review for a week now.
Original post by ba_23
Congrats! When did you apply and do you know if they have ACs throughout Feb? My application has been under review for a week now.

Hey! I applied well before Christmas, sat the online tests just after Christmas then got an offer to attend an AC towards the end of January. When selecting an AC I only had two options of dates and presumed they were coming to the end of interviewing. However whilst at the assessment day the Graduate Recruitment Adviser stated they still had a lot of interviewing to do, in addition I could select from any of the three summer schemes, presumably meaning none are yet full. As I applied so early I presume my AC was one of the first, so I wouldn't be phased by the fact your application is still under review! My assessment centre was less than two weeks from the day I got the offer so there's still plenty of time, they only invite 8 at a time.
Reply 2487
"Thank you for your application for a Summer Vacation Scheme with Norton Rose Fulbright LLP.

Your application has been read with interest but unfortunately we are unable to progress your application further. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to offer feedback at this stage.

We would strongly encourage you to re-apply for a winter vacation scheme or a training contract for 2018 - applications for the vacation scheme will be open from 1 October - 31 October 2015 and training contract applications are open from 1 October 2015 - 28 February 2016. Applications are screened on a rolling basis, so we would recommend you apply as soon as you have your penultimate year exam results. We would also encourage you to apply for one of our Open Days. More information can be found by visiting our graduate website.

We would like to thank you for your interest in Norton Rose Fulbright LLP.

Kind regards,

Caroline Lindner
Trainee Recruitment Manager
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP"

Is it wishful thinking that I'm thinking that they did actually read my app with interest and they are actually inviting me to apply again?
DLA Piper VS interview this week. Been advised 'no preparation needed' yet it lasts from 9am - 6pm :/ Can anyone lend some advice as to what to expect? Would be much appreciated.
Original post by lsekid
DLA Piper VS interview this week. Been advised 'no preparation needed' yet it lasts from 9am - 6pm :/ Can anyone lend some advice as to what to expect? Would be much appreciated.

I had my interview for the VS today and it was 20 minutes long. Is yours for a London or Regional scheme?
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Any rejections or any more video interviews from Hill Dickinson or Boodle?

I made an absolute woeful hash of the video interview about a week and a bit ago but strangely I am yet to hear from them, so I'm thinking that perhaps they do everyone and send out all for the rejections and acceptances at once
Original post by leumas9
I had my interview for the VS today and it was 20 minutes long. Is yours for a London or Regional scheme?

London; the email said it was a whole day event re: a business exercise…?
Original post by lsekid

I'm going as well, not too sure what to expect really!
Original post by lsekid

Ah, I am applying to the regional scheme so that is probably the difference. I believe that the business exercise is a bit like an AC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leumas9

Hi, I applied to DLA Sheffield vs and I have my interview next week, do you have any tips? I've never done a Skype interview before! Also can I ask if they asked competency or commercial questions? Or a mix of both? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2495
Did anyone have a phone interview with Fieldfisher today? Got one tomorrow morning and I have nooo idea what to expect.
Original post by ls396
"Thank you for your application for a Summer Vacation Scheme with Norton Rose Fulbright LLP.

Your application has been read with interest but unfortunately we are unable to progress your application further. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to offer feedback at this stage.

We would strongly encourage you to re-apply for a winter vacation scheme or a training contract for 2018 - applications for the vacation scheme will be open from 1 October - 31 October 2015 and training contract applications are open from 1 October 2015 - 28 February 2016. Applications are screened on a rolling basis, so we would recommend you apply as soon as you have your penultimate year exam results. We would also encourage you to apply for one of our Open Days. More information can be found by visiting our graduate website.

We would like to thank you for your interest in Norton Rose Fulbright LLP.

Kind regards,

Caroline Lindner
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP"

Is it wishful thinking that I'm thinking that they did actually read my app with interest and they are actually inviting me to apply again?

Compare that to the following which was received within a few days of submission.

Dear XYZ

Further to your recent application for a summer vacation scheme with Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to proceed with your application on this occasion. As I am sure you understand, each year we receive a high volume of applications and competition for places is fierce.

Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to offer feedback at this stage.

I am sorry not to be able to give you a more positive reply and wish you all the best for your future career.

Kind regards,

Caroline Lindner
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP

Anyone else get invited to the Debevoise & Plimpton assessment day?
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Hey I applied around the same time as you and still haven't heard - did you apply early or end of Nov? :smile:

I applied end of Nov and then got issued the interview on 25th Jan :smile:
Hi :smile:

Just wondering if anyone is still waiting on Latham? Saw there were a few rejections yesterday and I still haven't received anything (applied beginning of January).
Was wondering if the rejection emails were loaded onto the apply4law portal page too? Thinking I may have lost the PFO in my spam folder!
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending