The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelfox
The guy is still living off THAT game vs Barca (which was probably the best midfield performance by an Arsenal player at the Emirates tbf). What's he done since then? Bottled a final, lost almost 2 years on his development through injury and be unprofessional with the smoking.

I disagree. And it seems that everyone else does too, so either you're right and everyone else is wrong, or you're just wrong.
Original post by jam277
Townsend had a few good games for England where even then you could see the clear limitations in his game.

Kane we'll see how he does but his form right now shows no signs of stopping. Townsend in particular I predicted that he would have died down by January.

Have to admit I am surprised by Kane every week and it would be an absolute farce if he doesnt get an England call up.
Tottenham did well by tying him down to a contract, but his next location? Heard he was being scouted my Madrid.
Original post by e aí rapaz
I disagree. And it seems that everyone else does too, so either you're right and everyone else is wrong, or you're just wrong.

Tell me what Wilshere has done for ARSENAL since then returning from his injury in 2012 then.
Reply 1263
I agree that Wilshere is a liability (I'm very pro-Giroud though). I don't think it's a coincidence that we've been getting better results when he's not playing. It's the Daily Mail so hold your noses, but the stats don't lie: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2926654/Arsenal-win-record-Jack-Wilshere-season-just-32-cent-without-star-won-72-cent-games.html

Personally I still haven't forgiven him for the Man U game where in the 2-on-1 with De Gea he decided to shoot straight at De Gea rather than pass to Alexis for a simple tap in - you could see him thinking "oh yeah gonna score against Man U the papers will love this ****TTTTTTTTTTT". Then he tried to start a fight and only avoided a red because he's too short to headbutt Fellaini.

He's still coasting by on the England's-next-great-hope hype from years ago IMO, along with Walcott. Defenders are to Walcott what a red flag is to a bull, he can't stop himself from charging into them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Have to admit I am surprised by Kane every week and it would be an absolute farce if he doesnt get an England call up.
Tottenham did well by tying him down to a contract, but his next location? Heard he was being scouted my Madrid.

No idea but Madrid will be paying a shell load if they do.

They love Benzema to bits though. Perez has a hard on for this guy.
Original post by Zürich
Giroud is actually one of the top 6 strikers in the PL, imo he's overtaken the likes of Benteke/Lukaku

I don't think that means much even when he had the best striker in the league (RVP) we still came 4th. I don't think Giroud is top 6 anyway there are plenty better than him.
I don't think Wilshere has as much ceiling as we make out to be. I think the form he had at the start of the season was good but he was only our best midfielder because everyone else was out of form. It's a tradition with English players really, that spark very fast but you don't really see them develop that well later into there careers bar a few exceptions. I don't think Jack will become a complete midfielder or ever reach world class but he has the potential to be one of our best players no doubt. Most likely hood is that due to his reoccurring injury problems he won't reach his potential. He's hardly played any games for us this season so yes, I would take 25m for Wilshere but in a window where Lallana goes for around 28m I'd expect Wilshere to hit 30m too.

There are better ready made players out there now, and certainly for sure better youth prospects too.
Original post by AR_95
I don't think Wilshere has as much ceiling as we make out to be. I think the form he had at the start of the season was good but he was only our best midfielder because everyone else was out of form. It's a tradition with English players really, that spark very fast but you don't really see them develop that well later into there careers bar a few exceptions. I don't think Jack will become a complete midfielder or ever reach world class but he has the potential to be one of our best players no doubt. Most likely hood is that due to his reoccurring injury problems he won't reach his potential. He's hardly played any games for us this season so yes, I would take 25m for Wilshere but in a window where Lallana goes for around 28m I'd expect Wilshere to hit 30m too.

There are better ready made players out there now, and certainly for sure better youth prospects too.

"Sometimes these things can be little bit solved internally"
Original post by midnightice

"Sometimes these things can be little bit solved internally"

What point are you making I'm unaware

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Crowley will make it at Arsenal b4 JW
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

"There are better ready made players out there now, and certainly for sure better youth prospects too."

He's also added Arsene's "little bit" in his sentence.
Original post by EddyP
I agree that Wilshere is a liability (I'm very pro-Giroud though). I don't think it's a coincidence that we've been getting better results when he's not playing. It's the Daily Mail so hold your noses, but the stats don't lie: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2926654/Arsenal-win-record-Jack-Wilshere-season-just-32-cent-without-star-won-72-cent-games.html

Personally I still haven't forgiven him for the Man U game where in the 2-on-1 with De Gea he decided to shoot straight at De Gea rather than pass to Alexis for a simple tap in - you could see him thinking "oh yeah gonna score against Man U the papers will love this ****TTTTTTTTTTT". Then he tried to start a fight and only avoided a red because he's too short to headbutt Fellaini.

He's still coasting by on the England's-next-great-hope hype from years ago IMO, along with Walcott. Defenders are to Walcott what a red flag is to a bull, he can't stop himself from charging into them.

Agree with it all apart from on Theo. Theo knows his limitations, he is very much a poacher, his movement is fantastic though, and probably the best finisher in the squad.
Original post by swirly
Crowley will make it at Arsenal b4 JW

Why 'b4'? Surely Jack's finished if Crowley makes it.
Were linked with verratti and although paper gossip, I would take him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Crowley a deeper midfielder like Wilshere/Ramsey or does he play behind the striker?
Original post by angelfox
Tell me what Wilshere has done for ARSENAL since then returning from his injury in 2012 then.

I would rather sell Ramsey for 25 mil than jack. I think both have similar potential and both have been inconsistent/injury prone BUT Jack is a gooner through and through whereas I get the impression Ramsey would go at first sign of major trouble/big team coming in.

Obvs I wanna keep both as they are probs the best young British CM but if it came to it I'd always keep Jack over Rambo...(unless Ramsey decides he no longer wants to be a one season wonder)
Original post by Dr. Django
I would rather sell Ramsey for 25 mil than jack. I think both have similar potential and both have been inconsistent/injury prone BUT Jack is a gooner through and through whereas I get the impression Ramsey would go at first sign of major trouble/big team coming in.

Obvs I wanna keep both as they are probs the best young British CM but if it came to it I'd always keep Jack over Rambo...(unless Ramsey decides he no longer wants to be a one season wonder)

So Ramsey, the one who is shown to be a game player, vital to our system, has an engine and is a better player in general, and you'd get rid of him over Wilshere?

Some of our fans are scum and make me want to puke. Same fans probably think Rosicky is better than Ozil ffs.
Original post by AR_95

Stop hating on Jack Wilshere. He's one of our own, He's one of our own, Jack Wilshere, He's one of our own!
I prefer the 'Super Jack' song you do, you know the one you shamelessley stole from us.
Original post by sr90
That can't be a first team player surely? Looks like one of the mascots who gets to run out with the players.

Highly rated 17 year old youth prospect

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest