Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by furryface12
Thank you, hope your throat's a bit better soon :redface:

Have done, thanks :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just feeling crap an ill because of it. I struggle anyway with things around my neck as it makes me feel sick but with a sore throat it makes me feel like im being strangled in a way :frown: no idea if thats normal haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 901
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:ninja:

I found the perfect card for when you graduate!!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423538469.670313.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I found the perfect card for when you graduate!!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423538469.670313.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feck sake, you're still on PRSOM :grumble: That card looks EPIC. And so true too :teehee:

Sorry you can't sleep. I get the feeling of being strangled too. I think maybe it's coz the oesophogus tightens up a bit when you have a sore throat, making it more difficult to breathe? :dontknow: Though I may just be making **** up :tongue:
Reply 903
Feck sake, you're still on PRSOM :grumble: That card looks EPIC. And so true too :teehee:

Sorry you can't sleep. I get the feeling of being strangled too. I think maybe it's coz the oesophogus tightens up a bit when you have a sore throat, making it more difficult to breathe? :dontknow: Though I may just be making **** up :tongue:

Its cos i dont deserve rep :tongue:

I saw it on pinterest and it reminded me of you i WILL get you it when you graduate :tongue:

Yeah i guess, just making constantly feel like im about to throw up which makes me panic :frown:
Iv got another pillow to prop me up now so hope that helps!
And hope you sleep soon missus!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just replied. Sorry for the delay there - was distracted by Facebook #storyofmylife #TLGProblems :colondollar: :getmecoat:

Thank you, sorry to be a pain :s-smilie: And facebook is very distracting!

Just feeling crap an ill because of it. I struggle anyway with things around my neck as it makes me feel sick but with a sore throat it makes me feel like im being strangled in a way :frown: no idea if thats normal haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesn't sound nice, hope it goes away soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its cos i dont deserve rep :tongue:

I saw it on pinterest and it reminded me of you i WILL get you it when you graduate :tongue:

Yeah i guess, just making constantly feel like im about to throw up which makes me panic :frown:
Iv got another pillow to prop me up now so hope that helps!
And hope you sleep soon missus!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you deserve rep, you silly sausage :tongue: :lovehug: :yep:

Yeah, it's not a nice feeling anyway, without having emetophobia added to the mix :no:

I'm fine, dw, just had an overstimulating day. My mum's noticed that if I do two or more active/exciting things in a day, I can't sleep. Have taken some Phenergan so hopefully it will kick in soon :yep:
Original post by furryface12
Thank you, sorry to be a pain :s-smilie: And facebook is very distracting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a pain at all. You are also being a silly sausage :tongue: :hugs: :yep: I wouldn't talk to you if I didn't want to, so dw! :hugs:
Reply 907
Of course you deserve rep, you silly sausage :tongue: :lovehug: :yep:

Yeah, it's not a nice feeling anyway, without having emetophobia added to the mix :no:

I'm fine, dw, just had an overstimulating day. My mum's noticed that if I do two or more active/exciting things in a day, I can't sleep. Have taken some Phenergan so hopefully it will kick in soon :yep:

The extra pillow is helping but the snoring rory not so much :unimpressed.

Ahh no! Exciting things are good but not when they stop you sleeping!
Im contemplating zopi at this rate!
My brains deciding on what to wear for my interview and what colour to have my nails :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The extra pillow is helping but the snoring rory not so much :unimpressed.

Ahh no! Exciting things are good but not when they stop you sleeping!
Im contemplating zopi at this rate!
My brains deciding on what to wear for my interview and what colour to have my nails :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

These are very important questions indeed! :ahee: Thoughts so far? :ninja:

Silly snoring Rory :mad: :poke: :teehee:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm trying to decide whether to give antidepressants a go.

Could you guys give me an insight how it has changed/improved your life, particularly your depression? Even if its few words, it would help.

Thank you :smile:

When you find the right med for you (and it takes a while to know) symptoms can be so much better. When I started my current meds it took a while for things to settle down, but I had more energy, was more positive, actually wanted to do things... I could focus on my work, so my grades improved hugely; I was having fun with my friends again; I wasn't locking myself away in my room.

To contrast - the 18 months before when I was unmedicated and at uni - I was missing most classes as I couldn't get out of bed; missed most deadlines because I couldn't focus and had no motivation; was afraid to leave my room in case I had to speak to my flatmates; had panic attacks about going back to uni when I went home for a weekend to the point where we couldn't get more than 10 mins down the road before we had to turn the car round; suicidal thoughts etc. I had to withdraw from uni for 18 months as it was so bad. Whilst I was at home I was becoming afraid to leave the house, afraid to see friends.

Now that difference isn't all meds - by the time I found the right one I'd also had two years of psychotherapy (took a while to find right meds) but the difference when I was settled on them was significant. I still have down periods - I've not been in a brilliant one recently; I'm struggling to get out of bed and do anything; I'm not getting my work done; sometimes I find myself shutting myself away in my room avoiding people, including my friends. I still get panic attacks. But the difference is my low points are not as bad - I function better, so I can ride out the low points more easily, and I honestly haven't had suicidal thoughts in years. For me it's a cumulative thing - meds are a part of my support network, they weren't a fix in and of themselves, but they have been very helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
PEEPS, WE WON MOST HELPFUL THREAD OF THE YEAR IN THE TSR AWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:king1:
PEEPS, WE WON MOST HELPFUL THREAD OF THE YEAR IN THE TSR AWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:king1:

Damn, am on PRSOM for you :frown:

but awesome stuff, and congrats on the awards you won! :smile:
Original post by Jay018
Damn, am on PRSOM for you :frown:

but awesome stuff, and congrats on the awards you won! :smile:

Thank you! :colondollar:

I'm most chuffed about the MHSS award (closely followed by my smilies award :ninja: ), tbh, because it's a testament to the fact that so-called "crazy" people have value and can have a positive input in the world, virtual or real :h:
I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't rep you :grumble: CONGRATS!!! :smartass: :king1: :yay: :danceboy: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :smile:
Original post by SweetNothing
Thank you! I hope so too so I can relax and just get excited about going :colondollar::hugs:

Yeah, I'm also planning on going into London soon. So dreading it as i feel like ill gwt lost easily... but can't really get too excited due to living in 'London' haha
Thank you! :colondollar:

I'm most chuffed about the MHSS award (closely followed by my smilies award :ninja: ), tbh, because it's a testament to the fact that so-called "crazy" people have value and can have a positive input in the world, virtual or real :h:

That's another rep I can get grrrr. But yea it really is a good thing :smile: shows we aren't broken beyond repair and are actually able to so happy things :smile:
Thanks guys :colondollar:

Good mood is gone now though, mum just text to tell me my uncle is in hospital because he had a heart attack :frown:

Latest