The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Economics at Nottingham

I just got an offer studying economics l100 @ notts. Im non uk so my perception of notts is bit unclear. Am I suppose to be happy or is economics at notts mediocre? I dunno, I wanna take my life for being rejected from cam.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lakkisakki
I just got an offer studying economics l100 @ notts. Im non uk so my perception of notts is bit unclear. Am I suppose to be happy or is economics at notts mediocre? I dunno, I wanna take my life for being rejected from cam.

Being accepted to oxbridge is not the only target of your life.For sure you might find another uni more suitable for you and UoN could be one of them.
Campus is great(probably the best in UK:smile:), environment is very friendly and reputation is rather high(top 100 in the world!).
Good luck and be optimistic.
Congrats for your offer:clap2:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, i got an offer for industrial economics from nottingham, but as many, i am unsure of where to firm UoN or firm glasgow. I have never visited either. I am a bit hesitant to spend 4 years for bachelors as an international student,would nottingham be the best choice?
Original post by angelhop
Hey, i got an offer for industrial economics from nottingham, but as many, i am unsure of where to firm UoN or firm glasgow. I have never visited either. I am a bit hesitant to spend 4 years for bachelors as an international student,would nottingham be the best choice?

Sorry, just saw this and have to say I too have an offer for industrial economics! You're the third person I've found who applied for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Exceptional
Sorry, just saw this and have to say I too have an offer for industrial economics! You're the third person I've found who applied for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow! you are the the 1st from my side :biggrin:
Have you made it your firm choice?
Oh wow! you are the the 1st from my side :biggrin:
Have you made it your firm choice?

Haha yes it's an uncommon course! I have firmed it. Have you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nottingham is one of the best universities in the UK. Also it's campus is easily in the top 5 most beautiful university campuses in the UK. You'll love Nottingham.
Reply 7
Original post by Exceptional
Haha yes it's an uncommon course! I have firmed it. Have you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still debating between glasgow and notts, can't decide! :frown:
I am still debating between glasgow and notts, can't decide! :frown:

No, you have decided! You're coming to Notts with me and all the other cool guys/girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Princepieman
No, you have decided! You're coming to Notts with me and all the other cool guys/girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahahaa yes yes, will meet you there then :biggrin: hopefully...!
Hahahahahaa yes yes, will meet you there then :biggrin: hopefully...!

Sounds like a plan! :biggrin:

Freshers is going to be amaaaaazzziing! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Sounds like a plan! :biggrin:

Freshers is going to be amaaaaazzziing! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

We should have something on to identify eachother, that would be cool :O
We should have something on to identify eachother, that would be cool :O

Yeah, like we should wear a specific accessory or colour of shirt!

My name is pretty simple though, it's my username without the 'pieman' part.
Reply 13
Yeah, like we should wear a specific accessory or colour of shirt!

My name is pretty simple though, it's my username without the 'pieman' part.

Ohh thats such a cool name! :eek: It would had been quite extraordinary to hear it in Dubai, it is very rare I come across people with amazing names...
Mines very Sri lankan, hope you are able to pronounce it right, its on my profile:redface:

And yea, a single coloured outfit would make it easy.

Not visiting either does make it a problem which to choose. I can't say what Glasgow is like, but Nottingham is beautiful and the city is very student friendly having visited it just last week. I firmed the uni for straight economics on Monday and I'm really looking forward to it. I hope this helps and good luck deciding if you haven't already. C:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by 1chirag7
Not visiting either does make it a problem which to choose. I can't say what Glasgow is like, but Nottingham is beautiful and the city is very student friendly having visited it just last week. I firmed the uni for straight economics on Monday and I'm really looking forward to it. I hope this helps and good luck deciding if you haven't already. C:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for replying! But I have already firmed Nottingham and made Glasgow my insurance choice :smile:
The Nottingham campus is beautiful but more than that the university economic graduates have good demand unlike Glasgow, the main reason why I decided to firm Notts. I did my research and from most aspects, Notts win!
I am very excited myself! Can't wait to experience the months from September onwards...! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending