The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7260
Original post by \/ibhav
There are 70 people on the group with 14 under securities. There are people with offers for each division.

Do you know how many in IBD please ?
Original post by f-g-r
Do you know how many in IBD please ?

About 13 in IBD according to the group
Lads, I got an offer today for a 1st year Summer internship in Risk at Nationwide's head office (in Swindon which is the problem). I have until monday to choose whether to accept this offer. Should I accept and find other summers in London and use that as a backup. Should I just man up and go live in Swindon for 10 or so weeks and get the experience on my CV.

I chose a department thats the most relevant and helpful in terms of gaining experience for an IB. Any advice at all?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Lads, I got an offer today for a 1st year Summer internship in Risk at Nationwide's head office (in Swindon which is the problem). I have until monday to choose whether to accept this offer. Should I accept and find other summers in London and use that as a backup. Should I just man up and go live in Swindon for 10 or so weeks and get the experience on my CV.

I chose a department thats the most relevant and helpful in terms of gaining experience for an IB. Any advice at all?

My advice is not worth much, but I wouldn't spend my summer in a work experience if I really did not want to go there. It's really good experience don't take me wrong but I think there are so many places in london. I would take it as an ultimate back-up but really try to find something in london. Plus idk what you want to do in an IB but is Risk applicable to what you want to pursue in the future?

If you think you are going to be miserable in Swindon (nothing against Swindon) don't do it but just my opinion.
Does anyone know when the dates are for the Barclays Spring Week?
Any pointers for barclays final round interview?

Accept and renege if you must

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Does anyone have a contact number for MS Campus Recruitment?
Original post by Drossell
What division/programme is the interview for?

Operations :-)
Original post by Rumpelstiltskin7
Does anyone know when the dates are for the Barclays Spring Week?

There are two week beginning 23rd March and week beginning 13th April :smile: good luck
Original post by Rumpelstiltskin7
Any pointers for barclays final round interview?

Had mine earlier today, competency based, no technical questions
Do you think HSBC is still giving out spring week offers?
Original post by lauramontt
Do you think HSBC is still giving out spring week offers?

Most probably throughout the week.
Just curious: how do you guys answer the phone? "hello, I'm xx, I was expecting your call.. thank you for taking the time to interview me..."? :biggrin:
Original post by Londongirl1995
Just curious: how do you guys answer the phone? "hello, I'm xx, I was expecting your call.. thank you for taking the time to interview me..."? :biggrin:

I try to act natural, as if I wasn't expecting them lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7275
I received offers from Simmons & Simmons (law firm) and PwC (consulting) for spring insight schemes, but their dates clash. Does anyone have any advice? :frown:

Thanks!
Work as a trader at a big bank in Sweden or in Magaluf as a bartender during the summer? What would you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

why do you think that?
HSBC Offer! :smile:

Was the phone call an unknown number? Just missed one from unknown and don't want to get my hopes up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending