The Student Room Group

Most boring names

Why is that English(language) names are so boring? I have always liked the sound of names of people from more exotic backgrounds. Names like suzie,Mary,Rachel,Anne,hannah,alice,Linda
all sound so bland! I like exotic names like from the Middle east,Latin America,Africa etc just names that sound unique and different. I wish to change my name now come to think of it,smh.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
I like exotic names like from the Middle east,Latin America,Africa etc just names that sound unique and different.

How about Muhammad ?

:rolleyes:
My name Josh annoys me.
Everyone is called Josh ^^
Reply 3
Original post by Xin Xang
How about Muhammad ?

:rolleyes:

Even that sounds exotic as opposed to John or Dave or Steve
Even that sounds exotic as opposed to John or Dave or Steve

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/01/britain-most-popular-baby-name-muhammad

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Reply 5
Robert Lewis... *yawn*. I don't mind the Robert but in combination with Lewis it is just so devoid of any character.
Mind you, most people with anglicised welsh backgrounds have terribly boring names like me.
Reply 6
Original post by RobML
Robert Lewis... *yawn*. I don't mind the Robert but in combination with Lewis it is just so devoid of any character.
Mind you, most people with anglicised welsh backgrounds have terribly boring names like me.

Yo rob,we need to spice up your name alittle
Reply 7
Yo rob,we need to spice up your name alittle

What do you suggest bee?

My mum's cousin's surname is Moncreiffe. I want something incredibly posh like that.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm called Ryan. It's so incredibly dull. If you didn't know my name you'de probably guess it was... Laris or something ridiculous like that, but no, Ryan...
Reply 9
Totally trolling LOL but....

I want to meet someone named Alistair Leopold Francis Ftizwillian-Ottovordemgentschenfelde and slap them after shouting their whole name just for the heck of it.
James Milner
Reply 11
Original post by SiminaM
Totally trolling LOL but....

I want to meet someone named Alistair Leopold Francis Ftizwillian-Ottovordemgentschenfelde and slap them after shouting their whole name just for the heck of it.

Even that name sounds exotic. I can't stand someone who's called Steve or Bob or John or Allan
Reply 12
Original post by RobML
What do you suggest bee?

My mum's cousin's surname is Moncreiffe. I want something incredibly posh like that.

I have always been in love with the name Sebastian or julian or Mario or Romeo
Y'all think you got boring names? I met someone the other day called Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramirez, zzzz :sleep:
Reply 14
Original post by sr90
James Milner

The name James also sounds dull too
Reply 15
I have always been in love with the name Sebastian or julian or Mario or Romeo

Sebastian Moncreiffe?
Reply 16
Original post by beyknowles
Y'all think you got boring names? I met someone the other day called Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramirez, zzzz :sleep:

I didn't know you were part of the suite life of Zach and Cody
Reply 17
Original post by RobML
Sebastian Moncreiffe?

Sounds like a posh mofo
I didn't know you were part of the suite life of Zach and Cody

Qui est 'Zach'? :lol:
Reply 19
Edward Matthew Jack Smith is the most boring name - he went to my school...

Quick Reply