The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd imagine the idea of voting for UKIP to be a controversial view from someone of my background.
Original post by Black Cat
I'd imagine the idea of voting for UKIP to be a controversial view from someone of my background.

What UKIP policies have attracted you to their party aside from a cap on immigration?
Original post by TheTruthTeller
What UKIP policies have attracted you to their party aside from a cap on immigration?

The review of all new 3,600 EU laws introduced since 2010 which hamper the UK and the unnecessary demands by the EU e.g debts

Removal of bedroom tax
Employment in favour of UK nationals over EU nationals and international workers.

Just name a few things.
That Olivier Giroud and Jack Wilshere should be sold ASAP by Arsenal.
That moral claims are objectively true/false :laugh:
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Why do they "deserve" to? What if women are better at the same job?

Original post by binarythoughts
Why?

Until society ceases to expect men to pay for most things (dates, meals, drinks, expensive gifts etc) only then both sexes should have the same amount of disposable income.

Obviously we're talking within the context of a man and a women having the same job on the same level of the hierarchy. Of course if someone is better or works harder they should be rewarded for it.

Original post by SophieSmall
He won't have a logical answer. He just thinks men are superior.

Ahh, making a wild assumption before actually asking for the reasoning behind such an opinion. Either you're not very intelligent or you're quite bitter?
Because what kind of human can condem a persons cruelty, with cruelty.
In my opinion to want harm to come to another is one of the worst traits a person can have.
We have human rights for a reason and that's because we as a society have realised that cruelty is never justified.
True sometimes you can argue that the ends justify the means, however by making a person suffer there is no possitive outcome.
Prison should be a place of rehabilitation, not petty revenge.
Original post by Prince of Mind
Because what kind of human can condem a persons cruelty, with cruelty.
In my opinion to want harm to come to another is one of the worst traits a person can have.
We have human rights for a reason and that's because we as a society have realised that cruelty is never justified.
True sometimes you can argue that the ends justify the means, however by making a person suffer there is no possitive outcome.
Prison should be a place of rehabilitation, not petty revenge.

My quote didn't work :frown:
It was meant to be addressed to those saying that prisoners should be made to suffer
Original post by Zander01
Until society ceases to expect men to pay for most things (dates, meals, drinks, expensive gifts etc) only then both sexes should have the same amount of disposable income.

Obviously we're talking within the context of a man and a women having the same job on the same level of the hierarchy. Of course if someone is better or works harder they should be rewarded for it.

I'm so happy that you actually had a logical explanation to the fairly bizarre statement :smile:

Ahh, making a wild assumption before actually asking for the reasoning behind such an opinion. Either you're not very intelligent or you're quite bitter?

To be fair, there are quite a few male chauvinistic people on here.
I'm so happy that you actually had a logical explanation to the fairly bizarre statement :smile:

I'm glad you patiently asked for my reasoning before jumping right in with accusations!

To be fair, there are quite a few male chauvinistic people on here.

Ahh true, I probably should have explained in my op in hindsight.
Dyslexia isn't real
(edited 9 years ago)
There should be no faith schools
Original post by davidx2
There should be no faith schools

I sort of get where you're coming from but some faith schools really aren't that religious at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whether you're male or female, you can consent to sex no matter how drunk you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope your "reasoning" only confirmed you didn't have a logical answer. As you believe women should be pain less on the assumption that all women don't pay their fair share (or more) for dates or relationships. That's ridiculous. Your silly policy would treat many women unfairly, myself including as I paid for everything in my last relationship. Also how on earth can society move on and stop expecting men to pay for things if you are giving them more money? Again not logical.

Edit: And that isn't even including same sex relationships.
(edited 9 years ago)

Edit: And that isn't even including same sex relationships.

Who the hell pays the bill?? :crazy:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Who the hell pays the bill?? :s-smilie: :panic:

Well not the women that's for sure in lesbian relationships because Zander thinks all women should be paid less because of assumptions :rolleyes:
Well not the women that's for sure in lesbian relationships because Zander thinks all women should be paid less because of assumptions :rolleyes:

You got ninja replying skillz. :ninja:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You got ninja replying skillz. :ninja:

I should be doing work :tongue:

Latest