The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

PFO from Fieldfisher and Olswang within 10 minutes of each other after not hearing from them for weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cp778
What are the views on e-mailing firms for an update ? I've seen a few people on here wondering whether to e-mail, does this pee GR off? I have also been waiting for a firm for a number of months and this waiting game is no fun!

I would also like to know about this! Applied to Taylor Wessing 3 months ago and still heard nothing...not looking good. I might wait until 2 weeks after the deadline passed then call/email
PFO from Farrer, I'm actually heartbroken.....
Reply 2523
Has anyone who submitted their applications to White & Case or Mayer Brown just before 31 Jan, heard anything yet?
Has anyone on this thread applied to Morgan Lewis?
Original post by Chianti1
Has anyone on this thread applied to Morgan Lewis?

Yeah, still waiting.
Original post by pink_floyd
I would also like to know about this! Applied to Taylor Wessing 3 months ago and still heard nothing...not looking good. I might wait until 2 weeks after the deadline passed then call/email

Waiting on taylor wessing as well, it's been ages. submitted in beginning of january though so not as long as you have been waiting!
I got my post-interview rejection from Reed Smith today. Thought it went quite well but oh well. In the interview details they said that the interview would be a strengths based one but when I got there I was quite surprised to discover that it was instead a combination of a competency type one and a strengths based one.
Original post by lawstudent40
Has anyone else had an assessment day at Mishcon and heard nothing since? :/

When was your a/c?
Original post by liarpoker
Yeah, still waiting.

Hopefully they don't take too long :smile:
Original post by leumas9
PFO from Fieldfisher and Olswang within 10 minutes of each other after not hearing from them for weeks!

I got a PFO from Fieldfisher as well. I really want to know what this objective criteria is because I thought it was my best application. Maybe I could have included more of the firm's cases but there's only so much you can include in 250 words.
Original post by AlexStrike1
Have you emailed them?

I am just about to now :smile:
Was the PFO from Olswang after interview or application?
Original post by keep.on.smiling

I got this from Farrer today as well. Thought it was one of my stronger applications too which makes it particularly gutting.
Reply 2534
Yo all, applied to Macf, A&O, and Charles Russell Speechlys. Had interview at A&O last week, one with Macf in a few weeks but am yet to hear from CRS. Anyone heard from them yet? Best,
Original post by ULawAJ
I got this from Farrer today as well. Thought it was one of my stronger applications too which makes it particularly gutting.

Same, and it was the firm I reallllyyyyyy wanted to work for too. Oh well, at least we can still apply for a TC? :smile: Best of luck with your other applications :smile:
Well today has been quite disheartening. Got PFOs from Stephenson Harwood and Ince (post-app). Only 3 more to hear from. Starting to think I should have applied to more firms. How many did you guys apply to?
Travers Smith interview.
Original post by sg7402a
Well today has been quite disheartening. Got PFOs from Stephenson Harwood and Ince (post-app). Only 3 more to hear from. Starting to think I should have applied to more firms. How many did you guys apply to?

9 and I received 2 PFOs, 2 interviews and nothing from the rest - so disheartening when those PFOs roll in!
Original post by keep.on.smiling

Sorry to hear that.

Do you mind telling me when you applied? It's been quite a while since I applied so I'm expecting a PFO imminently!

Quick Reply

Latest