The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cckichu
hiya
i am planning on applying for st georges next year do you have any tips

ace your UKCAT so you have the best chance of being called earlier :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone had an interview so far? how did you feel it went?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anon12345678
Can someone please please tell me if i need a work experience reference letter for a part time job i have???

i think it says relevant work so if your job is a HCA or healthcare related then yes if not then i suppose not
Reply 1643
Does anyone know where to find the 'student entry information for' they said its on the website but i cant find it!
Original post by Anon12345678
Do i need a reference letter for a part time job???

A friend from the year above (gap year now) had an interview at SGUL and he provided a reference letter for his part-time job at Boots, he got an offer but failed to get the grades. I guess anything that you see as being relevant can be put down. :smile:
Just had my interview - feel like it could have been worse! :smile:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Just had my interview - feel like it could have been worse! :smile:

Hey I had my interview today as well! Were you in the morning or afternoon?
Original post by WannabeDoctor03
Hey I had my interview today as well! Were you in the morning or afternoon?

Afternoon at 3pm - you?:smile:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Afternoon at 3pm - you?:smile:

Aw, Morning -12pm

Aw, I wish I could have kept in touch with the people I met- they were so lovely :frown:
Has anyone ever heard of people who had interviews in April getting an offer?
Sgul is my top choice and I'm worried my chances are low!
Reply 1650
Aw, Morning -12pm

Aw, I wish I could have kept in touch with the people I met- they were so lovely :frown:

I had mine at 11 and I agree, everyone was so nice. The admissions people were really nice as well, did you notice the good luck message on the white board? :tongue:
Original post by H0psin
I had mine at 11 and I agree, everyone was so nice. The admissions people were really nice as well, did you notice the good luck message on the white board? :tongue:

Haha, yeah I noticed it.

Who were you? I was the Indian girl with the black dress and cream(ish) blazer.
How many people do they interview and how many places do they have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1653
Hi everyone who have already had the interview I have a few questions.

How long did the whole process take? Was there a tour around the campus after interview or not? Can you briefly tell me the schedule of the day?

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1654
Haha, yeah I noticed it.

Who were you? I was the Indian girl with the black dress and cream(ish) blazer.

I wore a blue suit and blue tie...I had my mam with me aha
Original post by mahmeh
Hi everyone who have already had the interview I have a few questions.

How long did the whole process take? Was there a tour around the campus after interview or not? Can you briefly tell me the schedule of the day?

Thank!

if you have the 11am/3pm slot, you'll have to arrive at 10.20am/2.20pm respectively. If you have the 12pm/4pm slot, you'll still have to arrive at the same time, so you'll be waiting.

So if your interview is at 11am or 3pm, you'll be done in 1 hour 20 minutes after you arrive (as the actual interview is 40mins long).

If your interview is at 12pm or 4pm, you'll be done in 2 hours 20 minutes after you arrive.

You can go on a student led tour if you like, but these are conducted at 12:40pm and 4:40pm

hth
Reply 1656
Original post by hukdealz
if you have the 11am/3pm slot, you'll have to arrive at 10.20am/2.20pm respectively. If you have the 12pm/4pm slot, you'll still have to arrive at the same time, so you'll be waiting.

So if your interview is at 11am or 3pm, you'll be done in 1 hour 20 minutes after you arrive (as the actual interview is 40mins long).

If your interview is at 12pm or 4pm, you'll be done in 2 hours 20 minutes after you arrive.

You can go on a student led tour if you like, but these are conducted at 12:40pm and 4:40pm

hth

My interview is at 4pm do you think I will have enough time to catch my train at 7pm or even 6pm?
Original post by mahmeh
My interview is at 4pm do you think I will have enough time to catch my train at 7pm or even 6pm?

depends whether you want to go on the tour or not, and where your train is from. You'll be done at around 4.40pm, it'll take around an hour on the tube to get to any train station so if you don't go on the tour, you should be able to get the 6pm train.

I don't know how long the tour would take though
Reply 1658
Original post by hukdealz
depends whether you want to go on the tour or not, and where your train is from. You'll be done at around 4.40pm, it'll take around an hour on the tube to get to any train station so if you don't go on the tour, you should be able to get the 6pm train.

I don't know how long the tour would take though

Thank you very much this helps a lot:smile:
Original post by mahmeh
Thank you very much this helps a lot:smile:

not a problem my friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending