Hey, I have an offer from Roehampton for BA drama studies :smile:

Well done on your offer! :smile: I have an offer for Criminology
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by Tracy_Baby
So is everyone here gonna be at Roehampton on Wednesday then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm not going to the open day now :frown: I'm just going to go to my offer holder day in two weeks! I'm so excited :biggrin:
Reply 142
Oh cool, I haven't had a chance to see the uni for myself so I'm gonna go. Do they give tours of the Accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Generally on open days they do, they did accommodation when I went in the summer (I went on the weekend so I don't know if it might be different on weekdays?). You'll probably be given an open day guide with all of the information for talks etc running through the day. They normally have subject sessions, accommodation tours, campus tours etc. :smile:
Reply 143
Original post by Monica-xx
Generally on open days they do, they did accommodation when I went in the summer (I went on the weekend so I don't know if it might be different on weekdays?). You'll probably be given an open day guide with all of the information for talks etc running through the day. They normally have subject sessions, accommodation tours, campus tours etc. :smile:

Yeh I had a welcome talk and a subject talk :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer for Criminology & Psychology for 300 UCAS points, I was contemplating putting the University of Roehampton down as my insurance but reading through the booklets today it says I can only apply for accommodation if they are my firm.

I personally know I want to firm Royal Holloway (although I don't know if I'll get in) so bit gutted that I won't be able to apply for accommodation for Roehampton too as living out for the 1st year is really important to me 😟

So, if I do put Roehampton down as my insurance I'll have to live at home which provides food for thought I suppose...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
Original post by FindingHappiness
I got an offer for Criminology & Psychology for 300 UCAS points, I was contemplating putting the University of Roehampton down as my insurance but reading through the booklets today it says I can only apply for accommodation if they are my firm.

I personally know I want to firm Royal Holloway (although I don't know if I'll get in) so bit gutted that I won't be able to apply for accommodation for Roehampton too as living out for the 1st year is really important to me 😟

So, if I do put Roehampton down as my insurance I'll have to live at home which provides food for thought I suppose...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can still try and find your own private accommodation if you end up at roehampton or put your name on a waiting list or something in the hope that a room will become available because some who got accommodation may go through adjustment or clearing so might not end up at roehampton so you can take their place. Although you may not end up in the hall nearest to your campus which shouldn't really matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha trust me Monica, I gotta have my own bathroom hehe.

@findinghappiness why can't you live in halls if you go to roehampton?

I've totally forgotten what time they want us to be at roehampton tomorrow -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I wanted to put them down as my insurance, but in the offer holder booklet it says if they are my insurance choice I can't apply for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
You can still try and find your own private accommodation if you end up at roehampton or put your name on a waiting list or something in the hope that a room will become available because some who got accommodation may go through adjustment or clearing so might not end up at roehampton so you can take their place. Although you may not end up in the hall nearest to your campus which shouldn't really matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, if I choose Roehampton as my insurance I'll do that :smile: But does that mean I won't really get the full student experience x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
Congrats on your offer :smile: I got an offer for Criminology.

To be honest, it's entirely up to you if you want to put Roehampton as your firm or insurance choice but of course you are aware that if you put Roehampton down as your insurance, then you will not be able to apply for accommodation. You should choose the uni that you really want to go to as your firm. There are always alternative accommodation options :smile:
Monica will you be at the open day today ? I'm On my way! There now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Monica-xx
Congrats on your offer :smile: I got an offer for Criminology.

To be honest, it's entirely up to you if you want to put Roehampton as your firm or insurance choice but of course you are aware that if you put Roehampton down as your insurance, then you will not be able to apply for accommodation. You should choose the uni that you really want to go to as your firm. There are always alternative accommodation options :smile:

Thank you! Congratulations to you too :smile: Yeah, I will go to all the applicant days and then make my find up. But Roehampton was never going to be my firm, it's more a matter for me personally deciding whether I want to put them down as my insurance but I'll just choose my 2 favourite unis and sort out accommodation somehow. Have fun at the open day! I have to go to 2 applicant days so decided to give the open day a miss :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still here at roehampton uni, it's been great so far!! I even met Jacqueline Wilson and got a picture with her! Hehe :P but overall I'm seriously considering firming roehampton.. The subject talk was really helpful as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
I'm still here at roehampton uni, it's been great so far!! I even met Jacqueline Wilson and got a picture with her! Hehe :P but overall I'm seriously considering firming roehampton.. The subject talk was really helpful as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn it wish I'd gone now haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
She told me she's a chancellor for the uni so if I do attend here I'll be seeing her around :smile: she's so sweet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
She told me she's a chancellor for the uni so if I do attend here I'll be seeing her around :smile: she's so sweet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I'll be firming roehampton. Looking forward to meeting her and hopefully others if I do go there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
can you tell me what's going on film course because I want more to go on
Reply 157

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah it's so true!
Reply 158
Monica will you be at the open day today ? I'm On my way! There now

Posted from TSR Mobile

No sorry Tracy :frown: I'm only going to my offer holder day in two weeks!
Reply 159
Original post by FindingHappiness
Thank you! Congratulations to you too :smile: Yeah, I will go to all the applicant days and then make my find up. But Roehampton was never going to be my firm, it's more a matter for me personally deciding whether I want to put them down as my insurance but I'll just choose my 2 favourite unis and sort out accommodation somehow. Have fun at the open day! I have to go to 2 applicant days so decided to give the open day a miss :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thanks :smile: yeah that would be best ^_^ I decided not to go the open day either considering I've already been. I'm just going to go to my applicant day on the 25th Feb. Is this one of the dates that your applicant day is? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending