The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K1NG93
Sorry bro

No worries :h:

Original post by cake_lover
Assalamu alaikum everyone.

I just wanted to express my anger at ISIS ruining the name of our beautiful religion. I wish peace can reach the Middle East one day inshallah.

I think we can all agree non-violent behaviour and respect is how we must all be with people of other faiths, as we must show we are peaceful people, and hopefully help them see the truth of Islam with dialogue :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykuasalaam

Insha'Allah, and may Allah bring peace to our brothers and sisters who are persecuted in other parts of the world.

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
So Turkey is a muslim majority country but soldiers can't pray?Why?

They couldn't pray in congregation apparently. Ataturk tried to secularise the country and run Islam out. Until recently, women were also not allowed to wear hijabs in schools.

Erdogan isn't doing a bad job of reversing the situation slowly.
Original post by goobypls
I'm pretty sure I'm on all but a few peoples ignore list. Surely i deserve an award for that ?

I think you're on maybe 1-2 people's list.
Well done everyone on ISOC for the awards:biggrin:
In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful

The Religious Authority H.E. Sayyed M. H. Fadlullah delivered the two Friday prayer sermons at the Imamain Al-Hassanain Mosque, 14th of November 2008, 16th of Zul Kaada 1429 H.. Several prominent religious scholars, dignitaries and thousands of believers attended the Jumu’a prayer.

The First Sermon

The sin of wine is greater than its utility

Allah says in His Glorious Book.

They question thee about strong drink and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin, and (some) utility for men; but the sin of them is greater than their usefulness.

This Holy Ayah asserts that man might find some partial benefits in dirking wine, as those who find pleasure in drinking it, and they might consider gambling beneficial, since it is a source of gaining some money. But Allah, the most Exalted, states the fact that there is nothing in life that is useful a hundred percent or harmful a hundred percent.

Something might be useful at a rate of 20% and harmful at a rate 80%.The Wiseman who respects himself and his life would not choose what is harmful at this rate to go acquire a little rate of benefit. Thus the sin that is mentioned in the Ayat is the harm that results from delaying the good.
If anybody consults experts about some goods he wants to buy and he is told that you will gain 20% and lose 80%, would he buy these goods if he is a rational person?! Here Allah is saying that the harm of drinking wine and gambling is much more than their benefits. This Ayah restates a general juristic rule: all that whose harm is greater than its usefulness is prohibited, whether this harm is in this world or in the Hereafter. Therefore, man should not eat, drink or trade in anything except after he studies its usefulness.

Allah also says:

Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder your remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

This is because wine makes man lose his balance and weakens his mind, which might drive him to improper behaviour. And he might clash with others and create hatred and enmity.

He might also forget Allah, and abandon the performance of his rites. Would you than stop drinking wine and gambling, since these two acts that Satan wants you to do, to make you forget your responsibilities.

Allah also says:

O you who believe! Intoxicants and games of chance and (sacrificing to) stones set up and (dividing by) arrows are only an uncleanness, the Shaitan's work; shun it therefore that you may be successful.

Drinking wine is the beginning of all evil:

We read in the Hadith of the Messenger (p.): All evil was gathered in a house, and drinking wine was made its key".

A story narrated by some people goes as follows: A man was asked to choose between three things: Adultery, killing and drinking wine. He thought that adultery is one of the big sins, while killing is a much greater sin. So the man chose to drink wine, being the easiest. But when he drank wine, he killed a man and committed adultery, because when he got drunk he was no longer aware of what he was doing and committed the other sins.

In another hadith that addressed all those who work in making, selling or serving wine, the Messenger says: May God curse wine, and those who squeeze it, plant it, buy it, sell it, and carry it and the one it is carried to… and the one who serves it. He also says: "Drinking wine is like worshipping idols, because one gets addicted to drinking wine and it takes all his time, it is as if he takes wine as an idol he worships.

Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.) says that Allah did not send a prophet, whom He did not consider his message to be complete except after prohibiting wine.
Allah has sent no Messenger with a message that did not include prohibiting wine. But Allah sends His rulings gradually, since if it was done all at once, it would have made the people feel that it is a heavy burden.

Some people might not drink wine, but they would sit with their friends who do. To those people the Messenger (p) says: "He who believes in Allah and the HereEreHhhhhafter should not sit at a table where wine is served", since you would be accepting what they are doing and in the end, you might be attracted to do the same.

Wine and consciousness:

Imam Ali (a.s.) says: Allah has ordained not do drink wine to secure the mind. The mind is the argument (proof) that justifies accountability. And Allah does not, therefore, want it to be weakened or disrupted. He wants to strengthen and develop it, for it distinguishes between the good and the bad, the right and falsehood, and good and evil. And if it weakens the values would be compromised. Imam Al-Baqir (a.s.) says that Allah has prohibited wine for its action and corruption.

Men of medicine list several negative effects on the health as a result of drinking wine, which was prohibited in certain western societies when they first evolved.

Imam al-Kazim (a.s.) says: Allah did not prohibit wine for its name. But for its effects. Thus whatever has the same effects as wine, is also wine.
This hadith leads us to talk about another danger, drugs, which have become widely spread among our youth, especially in the universities, and which has become to be sold in some pharmacies as sedatives.

Drugs are more dangerous than wine, because not only do they affect the mind, they also destroy the health and weaken the willpower and make those who do them in a state of hallucination, a state that if widely spread could destroy the entire country.
It is said that Britain used to spread drugs between the Chinese people when it occupied their land to weaken their resolve to resist occupation. And when some reformers started to fight this habit, it declared war on china.

Thus, when the Chinese stopped taking drugs they became a free, independent and developing nation that completes with the other superpowers in the world. Hence, some people spread drugs to weaken the entire nation.

Parents should be watchful and keep an eye on their children, especially that drugs are common in the universities and secondary schools. We also consider the government to be responsible and has to fight the spreading of drugs including its planting by encouraging attentive crops. The entire world has felt the dangerousness of drugs and has started fighting them by all means. Moreover, we cannot put an end to this habit unless all of us cooperate together in confronting it and in warning our children from its harmful results that could end their future and destroy their lives.
The Messenger has also told us: There will come a time, my Umma (nation) will eat something called Banj (a plant whose seeds intoxicats) I am innocent of those people and they are innocent of me even if they pray and fast.

In another saying he says that he who finds the sin of eating Banj a small sin would disbelieve, since its prohibition is one of the necessities of religion, and who denies one of the religious necessities becomes an unbeliever.

Therefore, we have to fight all those who trade in wine or drugs. Anyone who sells wine, his money is unlawful. It is even haram (unlawful) to buy from shops that sell wine, as a form of forbidding evil. The Holy verses in the Quran and the Hadith of the Messenger (p.) and the Ahl-Beit Imams have emphasized that the sellers and buyers of wine are cursed. That is why we should fight them by means of boycotting. I have issued a Fatwa prohibiting buying anything even if it is halal from the shops that sell wine. It is also prohibited to buy from the pharmacies that sell drugs to our youth, because we have to protect our society from social and health dangers.

http://english.bayynat.org/Lectures/Lecture_14112008.htm#.VNpFm3dymAo
Original post by IdeasForLife
Ataturk tried to secularise the country and run Islam out..
more than anything, Ataturk tried to control Islam, meaning that the powers of the former Caliph were transferred to the GNA (Great National Assembly) and to the Government Department for Religious affairs (Diyanet) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidency_of_Religious_Affairs. Imams became State employees, khutbas were controlled (and held in Turkish only), religious teaching was organised by the State within a unified educational system (in Turkish only)

If anything, Erdogan is riding on a popular wave in favour of less control by Government on religious affairs : this is some sort of paradox, since in Islamic tradition State and religion are deeply intertwined
Indeed, Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good to others; and giving like kindred; and forbids indecency, and manifest evil, and wrongful transgression. He admonished you that you may take heed. (Al Quran 16:91)

And good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with that which is best. And lo, he between whom and thyself was enmity will become as though he were a warm friend. But none is granted it save those who are steadfast; and none is granted it save those who possess a large share of good. (Al Quran 41:35-36)

One verse i'd like those who misquote the Quran to also post:

Quran: "Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity."

Original post by Khodu
fiesty haha, that's nice, so many great women of the sahaba had a firey spirit! Read about Nusaybah Bint Ka'b (one of my fave sahabi women), she was an incredible woman masha Allah, She was one of only two women who traveled with 27 men to Makkah, and pledged allegiance our beloved Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam).

ISocers, who are your fave companions of the prophet and why?

I am at Uni part time at the moment, so quite busy lol. What about you? What do you/have you studied? xx

I love her too subhanAllah. Such a bomb. She fought jihad right? The taqwa they had.
Ooh my fav companion after the first two khalifas is Bilal Ibn Rabah. I teared up last time I watched his story. He is most remembered for calling the adhan- and being the first muezzin of Islam. He was a slave who was severaly tortured because he worshipped Allah only. His master would force him to worship idols yet each time he would say 'ahad' - 'one' and refuse to worship other than the lord of the worlds. Eventually Abu Bakr ra freed him alhamdulilah. I really love him. How about u?

Alhamdulilah awesome. Current A level student to my great dismay lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the post Quantum. Thought I'd share.

Original post by 2 much fasad
Ahadith have different levels of authenticity. Some are classed as sahih, some as daif, some as hasan etc.

Sahih al-bukhari ahadith are arguably the most trustworthy. Here's a little info about Imam al-Bukhari - the compiler :yes:

Imam al-Bukhari (rahimahullah) first started listening and learning ahadith in 205 A.H., and after benefiting from the `ulama of his town he started his travels in 210 A.H. His memory was considered to be one of a kind; after listening to a hadith he would repeat it from memory. It has been known that in his childhood he had memorised 2,000 ahadith.

Before he actually placed a hadith in his compilation he performed ghusl and prayed two raka`ah nafl prayers asking Allah for guidance. Only after being completely satisfied with a hadith did he give it a place in his collection.:yes:

Imam al-Bukhari (rahimahullah) imposed conditions which all narrators and testifiers in the hadith chain must have met before a hadith was included in his book:
1. All narrators in the chain must be just.
2. All narrators in the chain must possess strong memory and all the Muhadditheen who possess great knowledge of ahadith must agree upon the narrators' ability to learn and memorize, along with their reporting techniques.
3. The chain must be complete without any missing narrators.
4. It must be known that consecutive narrators in the chain met each other (this is Imam al-Bukhari's extra condition).
Original post by goobypls
I'm not exactly welcomed here :P

Nah, didn't you hear? Trolls are part of the family now. :tongue:
Any good video / speechs on Islam on Anger?

Doing A Levels and work stress + a few kids wanting a fight really getting to mel

- this sounds so wrong but yeah lol
Original post by Coerce
Any good video / speechs on Islam on Anger?

Doing A Levels and work stress + a few kids wanting a fight really getting to mel

- this sounds so wrong but yeah lol

Recommend this:smile: Peace be with you

[video="youtube;alx3q8Om30Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alx3q8Om30Y[/video]
Congrats on the awards! :biggrin:

ISOC award, truly deserved. :cool:

Original post by Tawheed
Recommend this:smile: Peace be with you

[video="youtube;alx3q8Om30Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alx3q8Om30Y[/video]

Jaza'kullah - want to have this influence so I dont feel the need to fight when surrounds by people who attempt to crowd me so i can kick off
Are you really having beef in school? Is it serious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brother Faisal needs to be called :yes:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Thanks for the post Quantum. Thought I'd share.

1-2 sentences are my own but the rest i stole from sunnah.com :ninja:

I hope it is all correct and legit (according to sunnis)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you really having beef in school? Is it serious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly don't know now.. it was all one big joke when it got serious about a week ago but now the 'gangster' crew give me dirties and such and saying my boys backed out when I purposely lied to them that it had been so it would not have to escalate
Original post by Ankabout
Any reason why you prefer Islam awareness? :smile:

Yh. It's the first link on google when you google "islam anger management". :lol:

"as usual" :teehee: more like "as googled"

#Fudge&Waffles
Original post by mariachi
I think I confused it with my real favourite, which has a very similar name, i.e. islamic-awareness http://www.islamic-awareness.org/

Ohh ok lol.
Why we talking about waffles? :frown:
Original post by Coerce
Jaza'kullah - want to have this influence so I dont feel the need to fight when surrounds by people who attempt to crowd me so i can kick off

Hamza Yusuf is a brilliant speaker man
Original post by Coerce
Honestly don't know now.. it was all one big joke when it got serious about a week ago but now the 'gangster' crew give me dirties and such and saying my boys backed out when I purposely lied to them that it had been so it would not have to escalate

Yeh, These things tend to come about from small things like play fighting and joking around

Brother, just try and let it subside. Tell your boys not to do anything. You have to think like rasulullah saw and what he would do.

You do a-levels and people still want beef over small things? Are they muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending