The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by legal_nyx
Sorry to hear that.

Do you mind telling me when you applied? It's been quite a while since I applied so I'm expecting a PFO imminently!

I applied in the last week of January and got my PFO today. It went into my junk mail weirdly though.
Reply 2541
Original post by liarpoker
Travers Smith interview.

Congrats! mind me asking when you applied?
Reply 2542
Phone interview with Pwc Legal!
Original post by ULawAJ
I applied in the last week of January and got my PFO today. It went into my junk mail weirdly though.

Thanks. Just checked my junk and sure enough found a PFO in there!
Original post by legal_nyx
Thanks. Just checked my junk and sure enough found a PFO in there!

Ah I'm so sorry :frown: I'm a bit worried that I've missed some responses that have gone into my junk now :s-smilie:
@Liarpoker congrats on the interview - whens yours?? Mine's on Monday :smile:

Also for the person asking when people who got interviews with Travers applied - I applied on 29th Jan and heard yesterday :smile:
Reply 2546
Travers Smith interview.

Have you had your Nabarro AC yet? did they mention if they are holding any more? I still havent heard back since the video interview :/
Just had an invitation to a Gateley telephone interview - anybody had any experience with them? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomv92
Congrats! mind me asking when you applied?

Sometime before the New Year, can't remember exactly when. In December sometime though.

Original post by TykeDragon
@Liarpoker congrats on the interview - whens yours?? Mine's on Monday :smile:

Also for the person asking when people who got interviews with Travers applied - I applied on 29th Jan and heard yesterday :smile:

They offered me the date of Friday 13th. I'm going to try and get it put forward a day to the 12th since I'm busy on the Friday and would like to get it done with - They mention that they are flexible so fingers crossed.

I'm fortunately in London atm, so really would prefer to get it done asap. It's only a 30 minute interview, so don't think I need too much preparation.

Original post by almvp
Have you had your Nabarro AC yet? did they mention if they are holding any more? I still havent heard back since the video interview :/

Nope, that's on Friday - I can try and let you know after that date. There is a slight chance, I might not attend (i.e if I were to receive an offer before that date from a preferred firm)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by leumas9
Just had an invitation to a Gateley telephone interview - anybody had any experience with them? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Can i ask which office you applied to and when?
Original post by Mowgli5
I got my post-interview rejection from Reed Smith today. Thought it went quite well but oh well. In the interview details they said that the interview would be a strengths based one but when I got there I was quite surprised to discover that it was instead a combination of a competency type one and a strengths based one.

Hard luck on the rejection. I wasn't expecting the competency-based questions at all and I struggled on this part.

When did you have your interview? I'm nervously waiting for my reply
Reply 2551
Sometime before the New Year, can't remember exactly when. In December sometime though.

They offered me the date of Friday 13th. I'm going to try and get it put forward a day to the 12th since I'm busy on the Friday and would like to get it done with - They mention that they are flexible so fingers crossed.

I'm fortunately in London atm, so really would prefer to get it done asap. It's only a 30 minute interview, so don't think I need too much preparation.

Nope, that's on Friday - I can try and let you know after that date. There is a slight chance, I might not attend (i.e if I were to receive an offer before that date from a preferred firm)

That would be great let me know if you attend :smile:
Reply 2552
Original post by welshboi
Hey! I applied well before Christmas, sat the online tests just after Christmas then got an offer to attend an AC towards the end of January. When selecting an AC I only had two options of dates and presumed they were coming to the end of interviewing. However whilst at the assessment day the Graduate Recruitment Adviser stated they still had a lot of interviewing to do, in addition I could select from any of the three summer schemes, presumably meaning none are yet full. As I applied so early I presume my AC was one of the first, so I wouldn't be phased by the fact your application is still under review! My assessment centre was less than two weeks from the day I got the offer so there's still plenty of time, they only invite 8 at a time.

Thanks a lot! That's super helpful and makes me feel better about not hearing back yet. I applied for the Spring Vacation Scheme though so hopefully I'll get some good news soon.
Reply 2553
Has anyone heard form OC post assessment day?
Reply 2554
Has anyone had an Olswang AC yet/know anything about what to expect? next to no information online or on previous years threads
Original post by KASHIFJ
Congrats! Can i ask which office you applied to and when?

Sent my application on Jan 3rd, and I'm applying to the Manchester office :smile:
Original post by d_aan
Does anybody have a WFW A/C?

Congratulations on the AC. When did you apply and when did you get invited, if I may ask?
Reply 2557
Original post by d_aan
Does anybody have a WFW A/C?

Yeah, got mine on Wednesday!
Original post by pp93
Yeah, got mine on Wednesday!

Hi. When did you apply and when did you get invited, if I may ask? Thanks.
Reply 2559
Original post by de jure
Hi. When did you apply and when did you get invited, if I may ask? Thanks.

Applied at the start of December and got invited mid January :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending