The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Highlandponies
I did get that email! It's just such a long wait if they are just going to reject me in the end anyway :frown: But i will try and remain positive! I can always reapply next year. Thank you, and same to you with all your applications:smile:

That's strange, maybe it's worthwhile to give them a call to see what's going on? Because they told us they would tell us the outcome by January and they have told a lot of people what's happening but somehow they have missed out some people which is odd. I hope they will tell you some good news soon and you're right it's never the end you can always try again! Where else have you applied to? Thank you so much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by misras
I know this is almost the tenth time I'm asking, but have any international applicants heard from RVC yet? Having a ridiculously hard time keeping myself from checking my emails compulsively
:/
Posted from TSR Mobile

dont worry me and 2 of my friends are still waiting(international)
I've not heard anything from bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CanineVet
That's strange, maybe it's worthwhile to give them a call to see what's going on? Because they told us they would tell us the outcome by January and they have told a lot of people what's happening but somehow they have missed out some people which is odd. I hope they will tell you some good news soon and you're right it's never the end you can always try again! Where else have you applied to? Thank you so much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If i haven't heard by the beginning of March, I will definitely give them a buzz but i really hope they let me know soon either way! I only applied to Edinburgh and Glasgow due to finances so really hoping things work out! Otherwise, next year i may apply to some universities abroad as well - i just can't imagine going to university next year to study something else when my heart isn't in it. Fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 5464
I'm in the same boat Zarah. I'm wondering if we're on hold for the moment until they see some more of the applicants?
I have interviews with Bristol and Glasgow (11/2 and 25/2)
Reply 5465
Has Liverpool given out any offers yet?It's just that their website states that "offers are made throughout the interview period" and they are about halfway through the available dates.
Reply 5466
Original post by rwaw
Has Liverpool given out any offers yet?It's just that their website states that "offers are made throughout the interview period" and they are about halfway through the available dates.

Not that I know of - I was the first interview date on the 14th of Jan and I've heard nothing yet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rwaw

I had my interview on 28th January and have heard nothing yet. I don't think they even told us on the interview day when we should expect to hear by...
Hey!! I'm new to the group but have been following it a lot. I went to an RVC interview on 15th December just wondering if anybody from that interview date has heard anything? Also I have an interview on 25th February at Edinburgh and am waiting on Liverpool after not having heard anything after submitting WEX form. Have been rejected from Nottingham..
:frown: getting pretty worried though about having to reapply.
Reply 5469
Daibelhl what did your Nottingham rejection letter say? Like what reason? Just wondering as mine said academic - I'm coming from non standard route (access course in Scotland). So was wondering if my letter was a cop out standard one or if they actually think my qualifications aren't good enough. They have taken someone from this course before...
Hey, just wondering if there is one of these pages for post-grad students? I applied in 2011 and got rejected, four years on and I'm considering going for it again...
It said due to over subscription of the course or something along those lines.
Anyone know if there are any documents you need to take to Bristol interviews other than already sending the wex summary? I can't find anything on their website
Original post by EmJohnston_
Anyone know if there are any documents you need to take to Bristol interviews other than already sending the wex summary? I can't find anything on their website

You don't need anything :smile:
Original post by laurensmiley97
You don't need anything :smile:

Thanks! Have you had one at Bristol? Mines tomorrow, really nervous, already had two, got rejected after interview from RVC so I need this one to go well, any tips?
Original post by daibelhl13
Hey!! I'm new to the group but have been following it a lot. I went to an RVC interview on 15th December just wondering if anybody from that interview date has heard anything? Also I have an interview on 25th February at Edinburgh and am waiting on Liverpool after not having heard anything after submitting WEX form. Have been rejected from Nottingham..
:frown: getting pretty worried though about having to reapply.

Hi I interviewed on 15th Dec (group BB2) and I have an offer! I'm also a re-ap and to be completely honest - I'm so glad I had to re-apply. I genuinely don't think I could've coped going straight from A-levels into Uni... and I also don't think I was ready in a mature sense too. I am so happy to have a year to build my experience and self confidence and - looking back - I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!

My advice to anyone who has to re-apply - keep positive! The main problem I had when I got 4 rejections last year was keeping positive so that I continued to work hard and get the grades I needed. As it was, I ended up with the grades I needed; just not the grades I wanted. So keep positive and work hard - I promise you'll absolutely love your year out if you have to go down that route!
Reply 5476
I interviewed for the accelerated course on the 15th and still nothing ... I'm really hoping they send something soon I haven't had that email about a decision in march either which is wierd :/
Original post by eleanor032696
Hi I interviewed on 15th Dec (group BB2) and I have an offer! I'm also a re-ap and to be completely honest - I'm so glad I had to re-apply. I genuinely don't think I could've coped going straight from A-levels into Uni... and I also don't think I was ready in a mature sense too. I am so happy to have a year to build my experience and self confidence and - looking back - I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!

My advice to anyone who has to re-apply - keep positive! The main problem I had when I got 4 rejections last year was keeping positive so that I continued to work hard and get the grades I needed. As it was, I ended up with the grades I needed; just not the grades I wanted. So keep positive and work hard - I promise you'll absolutely love your year out if you have to go down that route!

Thanks so much for the advice, it really helps with the worry about reapplying.My main concern is about having the motivation without any offers though.Can't remember what group I was interviewed in... Congrats on the offer!! :smile:
Original post by EmJohnston_
Thanks! Have you had one at Bristol? Mines tomorrow, really nervous, already had two, got rejected after interview from RVC so I need this one to go well, any tips?

Hope it went ok for you ... Did they say when they will let you know the outcome? Thx
Hey I had an interview at nottingham, 11th February I thought it went ok. Just wondering if anyone for gateway at nottingham had been given an offer yet. And has anyone not been given a interview date for rvc yet, they gave me an extension on the supplementary form but once sent them I haven't heard anything. Liverpool and Bristol I haven't heard a thing since I had to fill in work experience so im guessing they are a rejection. :frown:. And iv got a conditional offer for bio veterniary. I'm 19 and resat my as levels, have been predicted a's, have a bit of work experience, but I know im at a disadvantage for resitting but fingers crossed nottingham went well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending