The Student Room Group

did snyone get city university nursing assesment result 2015

HI did anyone receive
their results for city university nursing assessment 2015.

I really want to know the pass mark. the math paper was pretty hard
Hi can I ask how many questions there were on each test( numeracy and literacy) and how many minutes you were given to answer those?
Hi
I recently did the assessment, the tests last about an hour for the literacy and numeracy however if you are not studying child nursing then you also have to undertake an aptitude test. I think there was about 20 questions for numeracy and the pass mark was 17 or 18, its pretty high; wouldn't worry too much though since its basic numeracy skills there's not much conversion.
They get back to you pretty quickly too
Original post by FozixAOMG
Hi
I recently did the assessment, the tests last about an hour for the literacy and numeracy however if you are not studying child nursing then you also have to undertake an aptitude test. I think there was about 20 questions for numeracy and the pass mark was 17 or 18, its pretty high; wouldn't worry too much though since its basic numeracy skills there's not much conversion.
They get back to you pretty quickly too

Brilliant , thanks :smile:
So I assume each test is allocated with 30mins. I also wanted your confirmation whether the actual test was quite the same as the sample tests on their website? ie., each question is senario based for numeracy test , and all multiple choice questions for the literacy test.
Original post by AlmondCantucci
Brilliant , thanks :smile:
So I assume each test is allocated with 30mins. I also wanted your confirmation whether the actual test was quite the same as the sample tests on their website? ie., each question is senario based for numeracy test , and all multiple choice questions for the literacy test.

Yeah the test are really similar to the online sam0le ones. The numeracy test is all multiple questions i think theres one or two conversion questions btw. Literacy has a fill in the gap for the correct grammar in swntences and thy give you like a page of text and you select which statements relating to the text is most relevant e.g what is the main purpose of the article. At the end of the literacy test you have an essay question

Good luck! Don't worrry its quite straight forward just don't over think or doubt your grammar when it.comes to the literacy bit :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FozixAOMG
Yeah the test are really similar to the online sam0le ones. The numeracy test is all multiple questions i think theres one or two conversion questions btw. Literacy has a fill in the gap for the correct grammar in swntences and thy give you like a page of text and you select which statements relating to the text is most relevant e.g what is the main purpose of the article. At the end of the literacy test you have an essay question

Good luck! Don't worrry its quite straight forward just don't over think or doubt your grammar when it.comes to the literacy bit :smile:

Thanks! that Sounds straight forward hopefully they are to me! Oh also, I've just read on another thread under nursing for city university, and I saw someone mentioned the pass marks for literacy&numeracy are;
Maths - 39/50
English - 25/30

Obviously the number of question is lots more than what you said. I wonder the test differs according to specialties?
Tbh I'm not too sure what the pass mark was I saw another thread and asked a friend who applied previously and that's what I got. Yeah the literacy test is different for adult and child. Also I was referring to the number of questions not the marks allocated to each question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending