The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoshH3
oh right okay thanks! Do you know if you have to have put a first and insurance choice down before you can apply for accommodation? So I haven't chosen mine yet but could I still apply for accommodation now?

Not for Manchester, no. You can apply anyway.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Is accommodation first come first serve?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milkberries
Is accommodation first come first serve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, think so :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fluffy123
Yeah, think so :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh crap haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1584
Just got a letter through the post for an interview offer at Manchester. but the strangest thing was they didnt update my UCAS track? Is this normal for Manchester to send you a letter and not update UCAS? I'm applying for a foundation year in engineering and i'm a mature student on an access course.. but surely that wouldn't matter? so just wondering is this the usual case?
Original post by Dommac
Just got a letter through the post for an interview offer at Manchester. but the strangest thing was they didnt update my UCAS track? Is this normal for Manchester to send you a letter and not update UCAS? I'm applying for a foundation year in engineering and i'm a mature student on an access course.. but surely that wouldn't matter? so just wondering is this the usual case?

Yeahhhh I got a letter from them and they didn't update track... I also applied for this but science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dommac

UCAS updates tend to just be offers not interviews, it's nothing to worry about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't heard anything from them
Yet, applied for management with industrial year and i see people getting offers from business school, should i be worried??;D also, is it possible that if i didnt meet their requirements for this particular course, that they would offer me something else, for example just management without industrial year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1588
Original post by Radville
Yet, applied for management with industrial year and i see people getting offers from business school, should i be worried??;D also, is it possible that if i didnt meet their requirements for this particular course, that they would offer me something else, for example just management without industrial year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! So when you get a response can depend on a number of things, generally offers are sent out in batches so a few at a time.

Generally the earlier you send your application, the earlier the turn around time (how quickly you get a response). When did you send off your application? IF it was Just before the deadline it wouldnt be unheard of to not have a response yet.

The fact that you havent had a response also means that its still either under review or is yet to be under review. If they didnt want you on the course after looking at your application theyd reject you straight of the bat (what do they gain by waiting around?)

In terms of being offered a different course im gonna say its probably highly unlikely although I THINK i've heard it happen to someone i know (either that or i subconsciously decided to make that up so dont quote me on it!)

If your application is unsuccessful you could always try again during clearing/adjustment (i think clearing is generally when u miss ur offer and get worse grades and adjustment is when you do better than what you expected but again dont quote me ! xD)

Hope this helps, good luck with your application and exams(:
Just got my offer from Manchester today! I'm so excited, despite it being a bit daunting. Hopefully I can get the AAA I need to read Law.
Original post by Rvd1
Hey! So when you get a response can depend on a number of things, generally offers are sent out in batches so a few at a time.

Generally the earlier you send your application, the earlier the turn around time (how quickly you get a response). When did you send off your application? IF it was Just before the deadline it wouldnt be unheard of to not have a response yet.

The fact that you havent had a response also means that its still either under review or is yet to be under review. If they didnt want you on the course after looking at your application theyd reject you straight of the bat (what do they gain by waiting around?)

In terms of being offered a different course im gonna say its probably highly unlikely although I THINK i've heard it happen to someone i know (either that or i subconsciously decided to make that up so dont quote me on it!)

If your application is unsuccessful you could always try again during clearing/adjustment (i think clearing is generally when u miss ur offer and get worse grades and adjustment is when you do better than what you expected but again dont quote me ! xD)

Hope this helps, good luck with your application and exams(:

This helped a lot, thank you very much!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone visiting Denmark Road during the 18th February Visit Day
Original post by Dommac

It's entirely normal - nothing to worry about.

Congrats on getting an interview!

Original post by Radville

Posted from TSR Mobile

These things can take time!

If you're a strong candidate who applies for a very oversubscribed course, you may find yourself offered an alternative course eg one without a placement year. However, this is the first year MBS have offered placement years, so there's not much by way of data to go on

Original post by JAndrade1
Just got my offer from Manchester today! I'm so excited, despite it being a bit daunting. Hopefully I can get the AAA I need to read Law.

Congrats!

Original post by PearJosh
Anyone visiting Denmark Road during the 18th February Visit Day

Are you thinking of the weds morning accommodation tours? They only take in the Fallowfield campus, which doesn't include Denmark Road. However, there's nothing to stop you wandering up in that direction by yourself and having a look from the outside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys! I'm an international student. Last week I checked the online system and found out I got an offer, but it's been over seven days now I haven't gotten any email about this. I'm guessing the online system is just as official, but I'm still a little concerned. Since some of you have been getting responses through the post, do you think they would send me the offer letter to my house? Is there anyone else in this situation?

Thanks!
Original post by meneses.sc
Hey guys! I'm an international student. Last week I checked the online system and found out I got an offer, but it's been over seven days now I haven't gotten any email about this. I'm guessing the online system is just as official, but I'm still a little concerned. Since some of you have been getting responses through the post, do you think they would send me the offer letter to my house? Is there anyone else in this situation?

Thanks!

Hi

I am an international student also. I got my offer almost two weeks ago and just today I got my confirmation letter by post so maybe your will come soon. You didn't receive email from ucas track or from the school ?
Original post by Origami Bullets
It's entirely normal - nothing to worry about.

Congrats on getting an interview!

These things can take time!

If you're a strong candidate who applies for a very oversubscribed course, you may find yourself offered an alternative course eg one without a placement year. However, this is the first year MBS have offered placement years, so there's not much by way of data to go on

Congrats!

Are you thinking of the weds morning accommodation tours? They only take in the Fallowfield campus, which doesn't include Denmark Road. However, there's nothing to stop you wandering up in that direction by yourself and having a look from the outside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking about booking a viewing with Denmark Road direct (Sanctuary). Just having a look at that one. Would that work, even though I would be applying through the uni?
Original post by katrinhong
Hi

I am an international student also. I got my offer almost two weeks ago and just today I got my confirmation letter by post so maybe your will come soon. You didn't receive email from ucas track or from the school ?

I hope so, I don't have a UCAS track because I'm applying for a Masters, but I was still hoping to get some sort of email confirmation with more information, since the only action available in the system is to accept/decline. :confused:
Reply 1597
I also firmed manchester, recieving my acceptances on the 22nd and 25th (applied both foundation and regular) still nothing came in the post or email from the uni
Original post by meneses.sc
I hope so, I don't have a UCAS track because I'm applying for a Masters, but I was still hoping to get some sort of email confirmation with more information, since the only action available in the system is to accept/decline. :confused:

Well, I can't say I am familiar with the procedure because I am applying for a bachelor's degree. But since everybody is receiving confirmation by post I am guessing the letter will arrive soon. You can also contact them ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Got an offer for A104 medicine has anyone else? What accommodation are you looking at going to?