The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelfox
Ah right, thanks for your help, did they say anything about how long it'd take for a response on UCAS?

No but I think I read somewhere that it's about a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by inthechaos
I really messed up my interview because of nerves. People were just dressed smartish, so like dark jeans and shirt with a jumper or dresses and things like that. One or two people were in suits but they looked ridiculous in all fairness. The questions were like why law, why essex, a problem question and then a question asking about a relevant current affair. They may be different for you but that was mine. The interview is about 20 minutes so be prepared for that. Good luck though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for this! can I ask what the problem question was?
Reply 102
Original post by LegendReborn
16 people in one level there, ~£73 a week, you share 1 large kitchen with two 4 nob stoves & ovens as well as 2 toilets and 2 showers between the 16 of you.

14 - 16 - each tower is different (despite the fact that they look similar) - if anyone else has any questions from a current student feel free to fire away!
Reply 103
Original post by yasmaaaaaan

ALSO - I will need to find a job to support myself if I go to the uni as I will be living in halls and my student loan won't cover all my living costs..
Do they have any on campus jobs available and stuff?

Most people who work on campus seem work for the SU (between Sub zero, frangos, su bar, top bar etc) - the main recruitment occours in jan. Colchester is about 20 mins by bus (£145 for a year season ticket) although I dont personally know anyone who works in town
So nervous about my interview :eek:
Reply 105
I've applied for BSc Psychology, now I just need the grades!!!!!:s-smilie:
Hello!

I have an interview/workshop for Essex's Drama and Modern Languages (4 YR) course, hoping to study Spanish. Has anyone been to anything like that yet? What was it like?

Also, anyone else applying for either Drama or Spanish?!
So nervous about my interview :eek:

When is it?

GOOD LUCK
Original post by StorsJT
Is anyone else going to the Interview day next Wednesday?!

I'm not sure if it's conducted by department but I'm going next Wednesday for a CS interview/visit day thing!

Hello! Yeah, I'm going for the interview tomorrow! Do you know what happens with lunches and things?
Original post by inthechaos
I've applied for Law and Human Rights LLB, my interview is on Feb 4th. Hoping it goes well as I'm slightly under the entry requirements.

Ah, same. I have an interview tomorrow and I was asked to send in a piece of my writing, 1000-1500 words, to see whether I will 'cope'. Unfortunately I didn't actually read the initial email I received telling me to write the essay properly and so had about two days to do so:banghead:
Original post by tejandrews
When is it?

GOOD LUCK

Tomorrow!

Have you got one for law?
Tomorrow!

Have you got one for law?

Ooh, how are you feeling?

Nope, mine is for Drama and Modern Languages but I just looked what the day entails and it doesn't really have anything to do with Modern Languages and just concentrates on drama...
Ooh, how are you feeling?

Nope, mine is for Drama and Modern Languages but I just looked what the day entails and it doesn't really have anything to do with Modern Languages and just concentrates on drama...

Bricking it, yourself?

If you see a guy with a big head that will be me :smile:
Bricking it, yourself?

If you see a guy with a big head that will be me :smile:

Not feeling too worried at the moment... I probably will do tomorrow though! Are you local to the uni?

Hahha! I'll look out for you! If you see a girl crying that's probably me!
Not feeling too worried at the moment... I probably will do tomorrow though! Are you local to the uni?

Hahha! I'll look out for you! If you see a girl crying that's probably me!

No, you?

Stupid curly brown hair, 6'2ish.
No, you?

Stupid curly brown hair, 6'2ish.

Nope, according to Google Maps, 1.5 hours away. Are you heading up tomorrow morning or are you staying somewhere tonight?

Uhh, brown hair, around 5'3?
Nope, according to Google Maps, 1.5 hours away. Are you heading up tomorrow morning or are you staying somewhere tonight?

Uhh, brown hair, around 5'3?

Premier Inn in Colchester :cool:

Was wondering though, what does happen with lunch?
Premier Inn in Colchester :cool:

Was wondering though, what does happen with lunch?

Haha, classic.

I'm not sure?! Looking at the briefing I was given and it states "Lunch in the LiFTs Common Room with other LiFTs applicants" but I'm not sure if I can buy lunch there or if I have to take it with me? And I don't know what 'LiFTs' means.

Hmm
Haha, classic.

I'm not sure?! Looking at the briefing I was given and it states "Lunch in the LiFTs Common Room with other LiFTs applicants" but I'm not sure if I can buy lunch there or if I have to take it with me? And I don't know what 'LiFTs' means.

Hmm

Mine just states 1:30 - Lunch :rolleyes:
Mine just states 1:30 - Lunch :rolleyes:

Oh golly... Are you taking lunch?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending