The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

International Fashion Promotion MMU 2015

Hey everyone I just wanted to know who is going to MMU 2015 to study International Fashion Promotion. Also wanted to know whether you are doing it with a foundation year or going straight on to the first year plus are you taking it with a placement year. It would be nice to get to know some people who are taking this course as I have not met anyone who is yet. So we can all get to know each other before the course starts. Also where do you plan on staying, I am planning to stay in an ensuite in halls wanted to stay at Cambridge but don't want to share a bathroom. I'm torn between Briarfields Hall, Birley Fields Residence, Victoria Halls, Wilmslow Park and Oxford Court. I Defo need a sociable place lol. X
Reply 1
I have an unconditional for this course.

Still waiting on my first choice, but if I don't get it, I'll be at MMU.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by AAgrace
I have an unconditional for this course.

Still waiting on my first choice, but if I don't get it, I'll be at MMU.

Ooh ok what is your first choice and is your unconditional with a foundation year or no.
Reply 3
Original post by Ronalakiya
Ooh ok what is your first choice and is your unconditional with a foundation year or no.

No, not with the foundation. First choice is Fashion Marketing at LCF.
Hey,
I submitted my UCAS on the 15th Jan (deadline day), and I'm still waiting to hear back for this course,
I don't know whether it took a while for you to receive anything or whether I should start to worry!
MMU and JMU are my two top options so I'm really hoping to hear something soon!
Reply 5
Original post by anniewilliams
Hey,
I submitted my UCAS on the 15th Jan (deadline day), and I'm still waiting to hear back for this course,
I don't know whether it took a while for you to receive anything or whether I should start to worry!
MMU and JMU are my two top options so I'm really hoping to hear something soon!

Heya dw I submitted my application on the 7th of January and never got a reply of my offer until the 23rd. However, they say it takes up to 6 weeks so I would say wait until those 6 weeks is up which is probably soon and if you still don't have a reply call MMU and they can discuss your application my friend had done that. Hope you get through also are you doing it with the foundation year. And which one is your first choice.
Original post by Ronalakiya
Heya dw I submitted my application on the 7th of January and never got a reply of my offer until the 23rd. However, they say it takes up to 6 weeks so I would say wait until those 6 weeks is up which is probably soon and if you still don't have a reply call MMU and they can discuss your application my friend had done that. Hope you get through also are you doing it with the foundation year. And which one is your first choice.

Ah I see! Well hopefully I'll hear in the next week, was there a particular reason they hadn't got back to your friend?
I've heard the course is amazing! No I'm doing it (hopefully) just as the three years, and my other option is JMU for Fashion, I'm still unsure on which one I will pick if I was to get offers for both!
Reply 7
Original post by anniewilliams
Ah I see! Well hopefully I'll hear in the next week, was there a particular reason they hadn't got back to your friend?
I've heard the course is amazing! No I'm doing it (hopefully) just as the three years, and my other option is JMU for Fashion, I'm still unsure on which one I will pick if I was to get offers for both!

I'm sure you defo will, also there was no particular reason just the application was just slow I guess. Also I'm from London and I absolutely love manchester have you visited both places because I feel yes the course can be good but you also need to enjoy the area you are in.
Reply 8
Hey, I've applied for this course and I plan to do the course with the foundation year simply because educationally I come from a business background and want to boost my fashion knowledge :smile: I've definitely heard good things about this course from my friend in 2nd year. He's now going on to do a placement with Adidas in Germany this summer!
Reply 9
I have chosen international fashion promotion as my firm and I hope to get in! I kind of what to stay in private accommodation but I am finding it hard finding places, all the flats and houses need to be viewed before renting it. I live in Ireland which means its hard to find a flat that does not need a viewing before hand.
Hi guys, Did anyone actually join the course? I'm thinking of leaving my course in Brighton but I don't want to make the mistake of joining a bad course. Hopefully you guys can help! Thank you in advance x

Quick Reply