The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilunn1
Is it just me who still hasn't got anything from cardiff??

Cardiff only started replying to people on Monday and everyone should hear within the next 2 weeks! I am anxiously waiting as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone had an interview at York yet? Any branch, I just want to know what it was like/questions they asked/maths and english tests?

Mines next Wednesday and York is my dream Uni and im worried about not getting in
Original post by janec1
How long did it take for you to hear back from them?

Hey, I sent off my application early December and got the interview towards end of January. You can email them to check the process of your application. One of the reps said that would be okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all :smile: I have a conditional for adult nursing at DMU in Sept and waiting to hear back from my interview at Bedford uni xx
Original post by rachelhelm
Cardiff only started replying to people on Monday and everyone should hear within the next 2 weeks! I am anxiously waiting as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Such a test of patience isn't especially as their interviews are in two weeks! Are you adult or child?
Original post by ilunn1
Such a test of patience isn't especially as their interviews are in two weeks! Are you adult or child?

Yes I know!!! Everytime I get an email my heart goes a little bit!!! I'm child, what about you?
Original post by Megann :)
Hi all :smile: I have a conditional for adult nursing at DMU in Sept and waiting to hear back from my interview at Bedford uni xx

Hey, congrats on your offer from DMU. How was the interview? If you don't mind me asking. Were the questions hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by monicanicole
Hey, congrats on your offer from DMU. How was the interview? If you don't mind me asking. Were the questions hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile:! it was fine, really relaxed! no the questions weren't bad at all.. they just asked me about the 6 c's what they meant to me and talked to me about the scenario we were given but apparently that changes every interview but it was about a lady having an asthma attack and then asked me about myself and experience (i.e. explain a time I demonstrated dignity in care) xx
Original post by Megann :)
Thanks :smile:! it was fine, really relaxed! no the questions weren't bad at all.. they just asked me about the 6 c's what they meant to me and talked to me about the scenario we were given but apparently that changes every interview but it was about a lady having an asthma attack and then asked me about myself and experience (i.e. explain a time I demonstrated dignity in care) xx

Ahhh okay, that doesn't sound too bad. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelhelm
Yes I know!!! Everytime I get an email my heart goes a little bit!!! I'm child, what about you?

I'm child as well! It's my last one to hear back from and im just obsessively checking my email! I think I'm going to ring then if we don't hear tomorrow so I will let you know!
Original post by ilunn1
I'm child as well! It's my last one to hear back from and im just obsessively checking my email! I think I'm going to ring then if we don't hear tomorrow so I will let you know!

Yeah it's my last one as well!! Oh yes if you do that woukd be great if you let me know thanks
Hey Guys, Sorry its a bit off topic but just out of interest do any of you know when you will start doing placements in hospitals on the Adult Nursing degree. Thanks!
Original post by harryed12
Hey Guys, Sorry its a bit off topic but just out of interest do any of you know when you will start doing placements in hospitals on the Adult Nursing degree. Thanks!

It depends on the uni, but if you start in Sept, your first placement should be Jan/Feb time, and it might not be in a hospital XD
Original post by cherrytrueman95
It depends on the uni, but if you start in Sept, your first placement should be Jan/Feb time, and it might not be in a hospital XD

Thanks for the reply:biggrin:
Are you applying for uni now or are you already there? :smile:
Thanks for the reply:biggrin:
Are you applying for uni now or are you already there? :smile:

No problem :smile:
I applied this year, I firmed Southampton yesterday.
Where are you applying to?
Does anyone know how likely it would be to be able to switch to deferred entry (specifically for University of Leeds) after receiving an offer? I've had a look on their website but can't find anything and I will email them, I was just wondering knew anything about doing this/when the best time to email them would be?
No problem :smile:
I applied this year, I firmed Southampton yesterday.
Where are you applying to?

I'm redoing the year so i am applying next year. But i'm planning on applying for UWE, Birmingham, Cardiff, Kings College London and South Wales. Well done!! What A levels / course did you do if you dont mind me asking and what grades are you hoping for / have? :biggrin:
Original post by falling
Does anyone know how likely it would be to be able to switch to deferred entry (specifically for University of Leeds) after receiving an offer? I've had a look on their website but can't find anything and I will email them, I was just wondering knew anything about doing this/when the best time to email them would be?

Deferred entries are a rarity in nursing as the places are in such high demand so you need a really good reason, I'd call them now and ask. The later you leave it the less likely they are to give you one. :smile:
I'm redoing the year so i am applying next year. But i'm planning on applying for UWE, Birmingham, Cardiff, Kings College London and South Wales. Well done!! What A levels / course did you do if you dont mind me asking and what grades are you hoping for / have? :biggrin:

Awesome! Good luck.

I applied for UWE, Oxford Brookes, Bournemouth, Southampton and Kings College London. I got offers from the first 4, however Kings are notoriously slow so instead of patiently waiting for an interview I picked Southampton :biggrin::biggrin:

I did some A levels previously however my sixth form shut before I could complete them all so I'm doing a BTEC ext dip in health and social, I need D*DD for Southampton (the other three only wanted DDM :eek:), but I'm hoping for D*D*D* because I'm a perfectionist haha :colondollar:
Awesome! Good luck.

I applied for UWE, Oxford Brookes, Bournemouth, Southampton and Kings College London. I got offers from the first 4, however Kings are notoriously slow so instead of patiently waiting for an interview I picked Southampton :biggrin::biggrin:

I did some A levels previously however my sixth form shut before I could complete them all so I'm doing a BTEC ext dip in health and social, I need D*DD for Southampton (the other three only wanted DDM :eek:), but I'm hoping for D*D*D* because I'm a perfectionist haha :colondollar:

Ah right - so is that an unconditional that you got from Southampton? My AS' didn't quite go to plan so i'm now doing the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Most of the uni's want DDM so fingers crossed i will get in haha:biggrin: I'd absolutely love to go to Kings but I'm quite a home person and I live in Wales so its a good few hours trip :redface: But if i did get an offer it'd be daft not to go there :smile: My predicted grades are DDM/DDD so hopefully i should get in :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending