The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston art foundation interview

Helloo, just wondering if anybody has had their interview at Kingston for the Art and Design foundation and if so what sort of questions they ask?

Thank you!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same! Mines this Wed and I don't really know what to expect.
:s-smilie:
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
mine's this wednesday too! My friend from college has hers then aswell, so we're traveling up together.. Don't know if we'll be in the same group or what! I know it's pretty casual, so not too worried, just wanted to have an idea about the questions they ask...
Basically they'll ask you to go through your portfolio and they'll ask you about certain work in your portfolio, like... what the piece is about, what artists inspired you... and then they'll ask you why you want to go to Kingston, what school you're currently at/what subjects you're studying... what you want to do in the future (degree wise, what you expect out of the foundation course...) It is fairly casual... they'll be two tutors (the head of foundation... Paul... something, and another tutor) and about 10 students altogether.
It'll last about an hour~ :smile:
you can bring additional work if you want. one girl in my group brought a big canvas~ but it's not that important to - only about 5 mins on each student, so there isnt much time.

Also, if you havent gone to the open day, pretend you have.
Kingston dont seem to like it when you havent visited on an open day, my art teacher told me this and made me go to an open day before i applied XD
and one guy in the interview said he didnt visit because he didnt have time and the head of foundation replied "There were 10 of them." seemed a bit unimpressed lol.

I hope I helped!
I had an interview at kingston last Tuesday but got rejected by post on Friday lol, I wasnt surprised though, as soon as I finished talking I knew I didn't get it.
Remember, they interview 300 students and only take on about 120 students (or something like that..) so don't be too disappointed if you don't get it.

Good luck!!!
Reply 4
You never know i might see you on wed :smile:

Thank you missdevotional that's so helpful! :biggrin:
loll do they ask anything about open days then?
Good luck guys :smile: I'm abroad so I had to send in my portfolio by CD, and if I get called in for an interview it will be on the phone, that is so scary :frown: because I won't be able to see their reactions etc, im so freaked out!
Reply 6
Thank you so much! So helpful!
hi! i had my interview on wednesday, and found out today i didnt get in, but am put on a reserve list, is anyone else??
Reply 8
I didn't get in either! Going to Bournemouth. x
lol my friend went there! its awesome! **** kingston en :P lolll! thier loss! loll! x
Reply 10
yep screw them :smile: If they don't want us we don't want them! x
mines in 50 minutes... by phone. arghh freaking out :frown: i heard phone interviews are realllly hard compared to one-to-ones
Reply 12
Ugh... I got invited for 21 March, but I do not live in the UK and it is currently hard for me to travel there.... Do you think they will allow me to do a phone interview?
Reply 13
Original post by Halior
Ugh... I got invited for 21 March, but I do not live in the UK and it is currently hard for me to travel there.... Do you think they will allow me to do a phone interview?

Hi :hi:

Yes, a number of students have conducted their interviews over Skype and Google +, just ask the uni and I am sure they will take steps to accommodate you. :smile:
yo what d'you have to wear to the interview, is it all casual or suited n booted
Reply 15
I just got an email today that I won't be getting an interview which sucks.
Hiyaa, i have got an invitation for an interview and I'm FREAKING OUT. i'm a graphics student and all i saw on the videos for portfolio are all about life drawings and fine art pieces. ANY ADVISES?!
I'm still waiting to hear anything and not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing!!!

My surname is at the end of the alphabet so hoping they do it alphabetically!!!!! Trying to keep calm!
Thank you for the reply! yes that's exactly what i was thinking. I have been building up sketchbooks with drawings and ideas and hopefully it will be okay... :smile: When is your interview?
Guys I have an interview next week. I heard we have to present our work to the class I am intrigued as to how this works as I know there will be a mixture of very confident people and more reserved people.

Has anyone attended an interview yet this year and can shed some light on the setup? Would be very grateful!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending