The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12

Bit of a random question, but does anyone else get times when they're really hyper but really low at the same time? Think it's probably just overtiredness but it's kind of weird :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never experienced that myself but I imagine it to be quite confusing :hugs:

---------

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very stressed :s-smilie:

Dofe Stuff

Spoiler

Hope everyone's okay :hugs:

Big well done for awards to TLG, Superwolf, Bubbles, Tilly, Sabretooth, Maid Marian and Usycool1 - and the WHOLE THREAD!!!! :eek: :woo: (I think that that's everyone with awards? Not sure :colondollar: Sorry if I missed you :s-smilie:) but well done :biggrin:
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post this here and see what others think

My dad went to the doctors this morning for his blood pressure check and he seen the doctor I have been seeing for my depression and social anxiety

He told the doctor he is very worried about me the fact my depression has been worse than usual, not sleeping and lashing out at objects, crying, screaming and just generally extremely low

He told the doctor that we are having to move house for personal reasons and that I have been getting myself extremely worked up as I don't want to change GP surgeries

The doctor did say it's very flattering as most GP surgeries are every bit as good, but he did say that he has younger patients he sees there who are at University and don't wish to change, so are still registered, although in an emergency obviously see someone local. So assume he is hinting that an hour away wouldn't be an issue

He has said to my dad that he knows I have an appointment in a couple of weeks, but would like me to go in asap for a chat, he said he will fit me in as soon as possible even if it is the end of his surgery so not to worry about getting an appointment

What do you guys think ? The pessimistic side of me is thinking when he said it's very flattering as most GP surgeries are every bit as good he might mean I have to register elsewhere. But the other side is thinking the fact he mentioned he has patients at university who are registered may be a good thing

I am gonna phone up in the morning
Original post by Anonymous #2
I've never experienced that myself but I imagine it to be quite confusing :hugs:

---------

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hyperness dying down and lowness kind of taking over again now, I guess that's good in a way but arghh, I hate this :frown:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
So bleh I swear :s-smilie: :frown: Just getting too overwhelmed and everything just keeps happening :/

Off to bed now, going to be horrid tomorrow with DofE stuff, and also primarily essay stuff :s-smilie: Hopefully tutor will be nice.

Good night all! :hugs: Hope you're all okay.
Hi my pples. Anybody going for the mental health programme interview at Abertay. I hve applied to start Uni there this Sept n I have been called for an interview .... Anyone with ideas on wats to focus on ????
Reply 946
Panda 1 - drs receptionist 0

Was told she couldnt get me a prescription for meds today, as she couldnt disturb the drs when in surgery and there was no appointments thisafternoon cos they were closed. So i said well ill wait till 1pm untill its signed.
So i ate my banana and played games on my phone. Half hour later she came back telling me she went into my drs room and got my prescriptions and my dr even made me an appointment HAHAHA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 947

Bit of a random question, but does anyone else get times when they're really hyper but really low at the same time? Think it's probably just overtiredness but it's kind of weird :eek:

Yeah, I've had that a few times, where I have had periods of high energy/extreme agitation/pressured speech but very low mood and paranoid delusions. A very uncomfortable place to be.

Wierdly enough I can't remember those periods very exactly - like I remember some facts and some thoughts I had and what people who were around me thought but i cant remember it in the same way as other periods of my life as in it doesnt feel like it was me - more like memories of a film if that makes sense. I just can't tally the frame of mind with my current self, even nearer the time.

I remember when in hospital once having come down - I found some paranoid ramblings I had scribbled down in earnest and I remembered writing them but at the same time it was like there was doubt that it was me - I couldn't connect the dots.

Hope you feel better soon
Original post by PandaWho

Was told she couldnt get me a prescription for meds today, as she couldnt disturb the drs when in surgery and there was no appointments thisafternoon cos they were closed. So i said well ill wait till 1pm untill its signed.
So i ate my banana and played games on my phone. Half hour later she came back telling me she went into my drs room and got my prescriptions and my dr even made me an appointment HAHAHA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one :smile:
:ninja:

I got the volunteer position. :gasp: :headfire:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 950
I am feeling so anxious at the moment I am physically sick. Having recently got a job, they are going through the process of doing background checks and although I didn't lie about anything - I didn't mention my illness and am terrified that it will come out and more questions will be raised.

Its like I didn't do anything wrong but I feel if they find out about me being sectioned and in hospital and stuff that they will pull the offer.

I can't even feel good about having got a job and being on the road to recovery because I just have a horrible sickening feeling that things will come crashing down.

Everything I have eaten this week has been like acid. Think i need to get some promethazine to get me through till this is sorted jut have had to sign up to a new doctors and won't be able to even book an appt till next week.
Reply 951
Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good on you. Unfortunately, they can be so oversubscribed that you often need to 'push' to get heard/seen.
Original post by purple-duck
Very stressed :s-smilie:

Dofe Stuff

Spoiler

I stopped doing dofe because of how stressful the admin side of it was, so ridiculous! Hope it gets sorted soon.
Hyperness dying down and lowness kind of taking over again now, I guess that's good in a way but arghh, I hate this :frown:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: :hugs: Is there anything I can do?

Spoiler

Original post by Jay84
I am feeling so anxious at the moment I am physically sick. Having recently got a job, they are going through the process of doing background checks and although I didn't lie about anything - I didn't mention my illness and am terrified that it will come out and more questions will be raised.

Its like I didn't do anything wrong but I feel if they find out about me being sectioned and in hospital and stuff that they will pull the offer.

I can't even feel good about having got a job and being on the road to recovery because I just have a horrible sickening feeling that things will come crashing down.

Everything I have eaten this week has been like acid. Think i need to get some promethazine to get me through till this is sorted jut have had to sign up to a new doctors and won't be able to even book an appt till next week.

They can't refuse you a place for MH issues. That would be discrimination on basis of disability which is illegal.

Only reason they could if you went through occupational health for the place then your illness may prevent you from working.
Reply 954
Original post by purple-duck
Hadn't thought about that, it's just different to how it's generally lead, I think? At least I feel a lot different to the last 2-4 people in the role - I'm thinking I should be okay for it? But just need to try and be myself/try and be happy with that. Realised over group therapy/just last couple weeks in general that my selfworth is a lot lower than I thought it was. :s-smilie: Maybe.

oo yes :biggrin: :woo: Thanks :redface: Hope you are! :smile:

Oh that sounds rubbish :frown: :hugs: Hope the new meds help out - I thought you'd said the last lot had been good? or like an improvement, but just not enough of an improvement? But yeah, hope they help out :smile:

Yeah the last meds helped quite a lot but I was moved up to the highest dose and it wasn't making a difference so the doctor decided to try new ones...

I hope todays been okay with tutor and essay stuff :hugs:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like such an idiot today - I've lost my bus pass from university which has my student id card in it and I need it to sort out accomodation for next year. I must have stupidly put it somewhere 'safe' but I just can't find it, either that or its been thrown out accidentally :/ And so now I'm just feeling rubbish about myself :frown:
Original post by Jay84
Yeah, I've had that a few times, where I have had periods of high energy/extreme agitation/pressured speech but very low mood and paranoid delusions. A very uncomfortable place to be.

Wierdly enough I can't remember those periods very exactly - like I remember some facts and some thoughts I had and what people who were around me thought but i cant remember it in the same way as other periods of my life as in it doesnt feel like it was me - more like memories of a film if that makes sense. I just can't tally the frame of mind with my current self, even nearer the time.

I remember when in hospital once having come down - I found some paranoid ramblings I had scribbled down in earnest and I remembered writing them but at the same time it was like there was doubt that it was me - I couldn't connect the dots.

Hope you feel better soon

Fortunately for me it just seems to be a couple of hours at a time when I'm very tired or ill or stressed, it's not nice though and would be even worse over a longer period. I don't always remember what's gone on but then I don't always anyway, so not sure :s-smilie:

Sorry you're so anxious, good luck with the job though- sure it'll go fine :smile:

Original post by Anonymous #2
I stopped doing dofe because of how stressful the admin side of it was, so ridiculous! Hope it gets sorted soon.

:hugs: :hugs: Is there anything I can do?

Spoiler

Don't know, trying to distract myself and need to do some work but my brain's all mush so neither's really working.

Spoiler

Also completely agree on the d of e thing, I got there eventually but the website is a nightmare!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Thanks :frown: :hugs: I'm so worried now, by the sounds of it he's stable but I keep thinking of worst case scenarios and what if the same thing happens to my dad :s-smilie:

I'm really sorry to hear this Socky :frown: Thinking of you and your family :hugs:
Reply 957
Original post by Noodlzzz
They can't refuse you a place for MH issues. That would be discrimination on basis of disability which is illegal.

Only reason they could if you went through occupational health for the place then your illness may prevent you from working.

I know they can't legally discriminate but in practice, until you are established in a job - it is hard to prove that is why you are being discriminated against. They could very simply come up with some other reason, I am sure.

That said, I have received and signed a contract and I have been truthful on my cv about qualifications etc. so hopefully I should be in a good position.

In reality, the anxiety I feel about things is irrational - I just can't get over it. Often when I am anxious or nervous about something - I try to consider the worst case scenario and think 'I can deal with that' and I am ok but recently it hasn't worked. I know I have nothing to feel guilty about, that I am good enough and the worst that could happen is a job doesn't work out yet I am still so anxious *shrug*

I have only really had (illogical or irrational) anxiety in my life since I last got out of hospital. Previously, I have had acute mental health periods and have bounced back with relatively few problems but the last couple of years (or maybe my entire adult life) has taken its toll and now life in recovery is more of a struggle.

People knowing about my mental illness is also more of a big deal to me than it should be. I am seeing an old friend this weekend who I haven't seen for a couple of years and I am going to be honest about the problems I have had and although I know that
i) it won't be a shock since he has heard about or seen various incidents where I have been dragged off by police or been hyper and gabbing nonsense and have a pattern of going off the radar for months or years and ii) he is a man of the world and is unlikely to judge or be uncool
It still makes me a bit sick to admit my problems
counselling this afternoon :smile:

very tired atm :frown:

Don't know, trying to distract myself and need to do some work but my brain's all mush so neither's really working.

Spoiler

Also completely agree on the d of e thing, I got there eventually but the website is a nightmare!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope it gets less mushy :sadnod: I'm also putting off work :ninja: Here if you want to talk through things :smile:

Spoiler

Latest