The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm currently doing my hair but feeling a bit on edge and stressed because i'm in the middle of waiting for interviews for uni's and waiting for uni replies from interviews. I hate this waiting game. I'm sure other fashion students can relate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lou 22
I really want a apple pie now all this pie talk is making hungry lol.

:hugs: :biggrin:

:/ it does drain you lol, that made me yawn lmao. xD.

:lol:

We do 70 markers in one of the exams :cry2:
Original post by somemightsay888
Bored.

Original post by lou 22
Same :/.

Same here :laugh: but I'm also lonely which I happen to be quite often right now as well...
Reply 1983
Original post by Multitalented me
Same here :laugh: but I'm also lonely which I happen to be quite often right now as well...

Same xD, I want to scream again.
Original post by lou 22
Same xD, I want to scream again.
:console: Do you have many friends atm, just wondering? I don't but I'm hoping volunteering will help me increase my social circle :daydreaming: Had my first experience on Saturday which was very nice :smile:
Reply 1985
Original post by zhang-liao
:lol:

We do 70 markers in one of the exams :cry2:

Excuse my rudeness for not replying, but damn dude xD.
A mixture of damn feelings as ---------- usual. But I now, somewhat, like it.
Reply 1987
:console: Do you have many friends atm, just wondering? I don't but I'm hoping volunteering will help me increase my social circle :daydreaming: Had my first experience on Saturday which was very nice :smile:

Nope my two female besties, my soon to be male bestie and Mr has me lovestruck. I have gone from having a fairly big social circle in my teens to just having my tiny circle, I just want a few more geniune people around me having gone through a few phony friendships :frown:.

I need to do something in the time before I go to college, I want to volunteer but with the homeless, I have tried a few times with no reply :frown:. I may try other avenues though. As even if I dont make any new friends I will be doing something positive and not wasting my time.

That reminds me I have to write my reply to my 92 year old pen pal. I meet her at hospital bless her, she still has all her own teeth that impresses me lol. Maybe I should see if I could volunteeer with the elderly as I love hearing there stories.
Wibbly wobbly:dong:
Original post by lou 22
Nope my two female besties, my soon to be male bestie and Mr has me lovestruck. I have gone from having a fairly big social circle in my teens to just having my tiny circle, I just want a few more geniune people around me having gone through a few phony friendships :frown:.

I need to do something in the time before I go to college, I want to volunteer but with the homeless, I have tried a few times with no reply :frown:. I may try other avenues though. As even if I dont make any new friends I will be doing something positive and not wasting my time.

That reminds me I have to write my reply to my 92 year old pen pal. I meet her at hospital bless her, she still has all her own teeth that impresses me lol. Maybe I should see if I could volunteeer with the elderly as I love hearing there stories.
That's unfortunate, you seem like a lovely person so I'd definitely at least be friends if I knew you in real life aha :smile:

Yeah volunteering would be good for ya, don't give up & hopefully you'll get somewhere. Oh, that's sweet, I'd say go for it if working with the elderly really interests you :h: Also how old are you may I ask, 22? :tongue:

Original post by Maid Marian
Wibbly wobbly:dong:
Ah that's a shame, I do hope your situation improves :hugs:
Reply 1990
That's unfortunate, you seem like a lovely person so I'd definitely at least be friends if I knew you in real life aha :smile:

Yeah volunteering would be good for ya, don't give up & hopefully you'll get somewhere. Oh, that's sweet, I'd say go for it if working with the elderly really interests you :h: Also how old are you may I ask, 22? :tongue:

Ah that's a shame, I do hope your situation improves :hugs:

:frown:, I am told I am a lovely girl and nice to be around but friendship is a two way street, I always try :redface:. Awww thank you and the same you seem like a nice guy.

I am going to have a look online for charities and roles in Birmingham. Hopefully fingers crossed :smile:. I have always liked old people some of them are really small and cute bless them. Nope 21 going to be 22 in 3 months and some.
Original post by lou 22
:frown:, I am told I am a lovely girl and nice to be around but friendship is a two way street, I always try :redface:. Awww thank you and the same you seem like a nice guy.

I am going to have a look online for charities and roles in Birmingham. Hopefully fingers crossed :smile:. I have always liked old people some of them are really small and cute bless them. Nope 21 going to be 22 in 3 months and some.
Well at least you're doing your part. hopefully you'll meet the right people soon who truly appreciate your worth Lou! :smile:

Thanks, I just try & be myself really & if I can make a difference & help others a bit then that's great :h:

That's cool, yeah some old people are a delight & really friendly :smile: I mean I've some lovely conversations with older women in the past, more so than I've had interactions with girls my age, lol :erm: Anyway I wish you all the best & hope that everything comes together for you soon! :smile:
Reply 1992
Well at least you're doing your part. hopefully you'll meet the right people soon who truly appreciate your worth Lou! :smile:

Thanks, I just try & be myself really & if I can make a difference & help others a bit then that's great :h:

That's cool, yeah some old people are a delight & really friendly :smile: I mean I've some lovely conversations with older women in the past, more so than I've had interactions with girls my age, lol :erm: Anyway I wish you all the best & hope that everything comes together for you soon! :smile:

:biggrin:. Hopefully and Thank you Multi :smile: x.

That is tge best way to be, I am the same :smile:.

Thats true :smile:, the same with me, some of my best memorable conversations have been with older people. Lol you joker maybe you should get yourself a cougar :wink:. . Awww thabk you multi :hugs:.

Could you answer this question of mine? What the hell is this awful south side story crap that is on my telly they are killing some of these songs in horrendous fashion and the dance moves crikey xD. This is terrible acting, i actually dunno what this is :frown: I can not find my remote again
(edited 9 years ago)
Exhausted after an extended weekend visiting friends at my old university. I drank a lot, caught up with good friends, made new friends, had a fun training session and played a couple of songs at an open jam night which went down well and wasn't horrendous. Not sure if anyone took any videos or photos on the night but the attachment is of me and a friend practising in another friend's flat before we went out.

Already looking forward to my next trip back up there in about three weeks :biggrin:
Original post by Manitude
Exhausted after an extended weekend visiting friends at my old university. I drank a lot, caught up with good friends, made new friends, had a fun training session and played a couple of songs at an open jam night which went down well and wasn't horrendous. Not sure if anyone took any videos or photos on the night but the attachment is of me and a friend practising in another friend's flat before we went out.

Already looking forward to my next trip back up there in about three weeks :biggrin:

I want your life
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I want your life

No, you'll probably want the last few days of my life rather than the whole package. I'm lucky to have some great friends but my life is FAR from how it should be.

Last weekend was needed to keep sanity as the rest of the time I'm unemployed living in the middle of nowhere with my parents and to top it off our internet connection is barely functional some of the time so I can hardly communicate with the outside world.
I am feeling too sleepy to work but, annoyingly, not sleepy enough to sleep.
Original post by Manitude
No, you'll probably want the last few days of my life rather than the whole package. I'm lucky to have some great friends but my life is FAR from how it should be.

Last weekend was needed to keep sanity as the rest of the time I'm unemployed living in the middle of nowhere with my parents and to top it off our internet connection is barely functional some of the time so I can hardly communicate with the outside world.

ach, that sucks man :redface: glad you seem to have some fun time to thrash out though :biggrin:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
ach, that sucks man :redface: glad you seem to have some fun time to thrash out though :biggrin:

Yup! I'm hoping against hope that I'll get a PhD place back at the same university in something I really like.

Like I said earlier, I'm already looking forward to the next time I go up because I can spend a few days away from the monotony of my normal life. The anticipation of going back helps somewhat.

Latest