The Student Room Group

Why should it be acceptable for women to look like this?

Who gave unhealthy obese women the right to justify their own failures in maintaining a decent lifestyle.

Scroll to see replies

Who gave you the right to judge ? Did you not read the bit where it says she trains four days a week?

Edit: I love the way you only put her photos up and nothing else. She has a modelling career and people have looked up to her and feel more confident in themselves because she doesn't care what people think. If that is not a good thing I don't know what is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Bet she describes herself on POF as 'bubbly'.
FOBBOC
To be fair she is attractive, worst thing is the tattoos not her size.
why should it be acceptable for men to look like this?

More to the point why is it becoming accepted that fat is good?

Our bodies are NOT designed to be obese or severely overweight. It leads to problems with most of your internal organs, puts excess stress of the legs and joints, and can cause diabetes which leads to a whole new plethora of problems! All this nonsense about curvy being sexy is one thing, and fair enough if people like their women curvy thats their prerogative. But I find it dreadful that we are getting to the stage in a society whereby fat people are being celebrated for being fat as if its something they should be proud about.
imb4 the feminists start complaining that she can look how she wants etc. All true of course. But the fact is that being obese is simply a bad thing, in every respect. These people cost the NHS a fortune. Our taxes prop up their life style choices. Unlike smokers, we don't tax them for the choices they make which impact others, not least their own children. The VERY least we can do is make them feel bad about themselves so they change. This obviously applies to men too, though the whole "body positive" thing doesn't extend as far as men, who are rightly made to feel disgusting.

Seriously, if you have a problem such as being obese, which is of your own causing, and you can solve this problem, then you have no right to complain that this problem makes you unhappy and that it shouldn't.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by MaseratiJay
Who gave you the right to judge ? Did you not read the bit where it says she trains four days a week?

Edit: I love the way you only put her photos up and nothing else. She has a modelling career and people have looked up to her and feel more confident in themselves because she doesn't care what people think. If that is not a good thing I don't know what is.

I have my reasons to judge,and she should care from a health perspective.
Noone wants their sons or daughters to be fat

Original post by sherlockfan

It actually isn't, but men do not have a fat movement.
Original post by Blue_Mason
I have my reasons to judge,and she should care from a health perspective.
Noone wants their sons or daughters to be fat

It actually isn't, but men do not have a fat movement.

Yeah...elaborate then, what are those reasons?
To be honest she looks a lot better than that photo on this thread of those guys with their stomachs at their knees.

As I said before SHE TRAINS 4 DAYS A WEEK.

Why do you feel so strongly about this 'health perspective' thing? Do you just not like bigger people or something?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Bet she describes herself on POF as 'bubbly'.

lmao.

Because...some people find larger women attractive OP? :dontknow:She is attractive facially, tbf. Almost looks like her head is too small for her body though.
DAMNNN!!

Gyal got enough rolls to supply Greggs.
I honestly can't see a distinction between this and anorexic girls posing on the internet and portraying anorexia as a diet.
If they were made to forfeit their right to any healthcare, that would be a step in the right direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Precious Illusions
lmao.

Because...some people find larger women attractive OP? :dontknow:She is attractive facially, tbf. Almost looks like her head is too small for her body though.

her head would need to be the size of a space hopper to match the rest of her :eek:
Original post by the bear
her head would need to be the size of a space hopper to match the rest of her :eek:

lmao. No no I meant...if I just saw her face I would never think she was THAT big.

It isn't.

Original post by Precious Illusions
lmao.

Her head is normal, her body is just too big.

Original post by Jebedee
If they were made to forfeit their right to any healthcare, that would be a step in the right direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The issue arises when these individuals refuse to take any steps, in any direction.
Reply 17
To be honest I don't particularly care about a persons weight or health that much. In my opinion I don't have the the authority or position to judge things about other people.

The problem with weight is that it isn't really an indicator of a persons health, as is appearance really. You can't tell if someone has a disease just by their weight, it's possible to have diabetes without being overweight and to be overweight and to not have it. Also that weight looks different on different peoples heights and bone structures , people gain weight more or less easily.

This is just my opinion though. I mean I don't go around shaming smokers, because it's their choice. I don't support it but I don't feel I have the right to be judgmental.
If I was health practitioner, and that persons specific one, not just a random doctor, I would probably judge but only looking at the wider scope of someone's health.

It's kind of about health for some people but a lot of the time I don't think people really care that much about health . I mean half the people I follow on social media post pictures of people with skinny legs or six packs and then loads of McDonald's and ice cream.

Don't judge is all I can say. I mean who gives you the right and let's be honest, who cares?

they look comfortable in themselves... their struggle is over
How does she even get out of bed?
I wonder how many toilet seats she's broken.
How do her legs even support her frame? The human anatomy is a amazing thing..
I bet if she went to China you'd have pedestrians shouting godzilla at her.
I wonder how many chicken nuggets you could make out of her.
Imagine if she got chased by hungry dogs.

As attractive as her face is it's not acceptable for someone to do this to themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest