The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Northern Irish is a funny one because it's very attractive in a woman but much less so in a man, the reverse being true of Geordie.

'Welsh' hardly makes sense in this context - South Walian accents are sexy, the North Walian nasal-scouse is as horrible an accent as exists on these isles.
West Country ooft
I do love a Brummie accent and anything northern. Southern Welsh is pretty nice too.
Reply 4
I really hate accents and people who speak with twisted accents, they're disgusting. There is only one acceptable way in which to speak the English language, only one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally people from the south and the irish ofcourse
I thought there was pretty much global agreement that what foreigners think of as a 'British' accent, i.e. RP, is the sexiest English language accent.

e.g. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/09/british-sexy-accent-english_n_6644150.html
Reply 7
Queen's english, regional accents are a bit of a turn off for me as it always makes people seem less intelligent. Having said that, I do like the cockney accent...
I have a South Welsh accent and trust me, sexy is not the word i'd use for it!
Is Queen's English literally the Queen's English? She's the only person I've ever heard who says often with the o pronounced like the word awe.
Original post by KimonoMyHouse

indeed not, I imagine you'd say it's ''dead lush, like''. And you'd be right.
I dont have an accent but I think scottish and irish accents are pretty sick
I find it funny how you think my accent is sexy!

For me the sexy accent would have to be the Southern one.
Reply 13
Scottish is the sexiest accent for me
Original post by Icebaker
I really hate accents and people who speak with twisted accents, they're disgusting. There is only one acceptable way in which to speak the English language, only one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What utter nonsense.
Original post by KimonoMyHouse

Haha, tbf on some of us it sounds quite nice.

Irish or Scottish for me though.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Haha, tbf on some of us it sounds quite nice.

Irish or Scottish for me though.

I have a heavy South Wales valley accent, thought it was becoming softer because I've recently started teaching English as a foreign language, but I recorded my coversation with a student yesterday.....lol it hasn't changed a bit...:lol:
Estuary english
From Coventry, I've just got a really neutral Midlands accent - basically RP with slightly different vowel intonations and dialect - but people from afar just assume we all have thick Brummie accents... XD

Never really considered other accents like this. Welsh can be nice I guess... like Alex Jones, for instance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DeceitfulDove
I have a heavy South Wales valley accent, thought it was becoming softer because I've recently started teaching English as a foreign language, but I recorded my coversation with a student yesterday.....lol it hasn't changed a bit...:lol:

Oh valleys :mmm: they're a... Special bunch :hump:

In time it probably will:tongue: who do you teach? Like what's their native language

Latest