The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slowbro93
Yep! Currently reading for it now :tongue:

So ... Are you free? :biggrin:

Ooh! Well done indeed! :biggrin:

And yep! Just tell me what time you'd like and I'll adjust my schedule
Need to do ALL THE WORK this week as I'm having a long weekend away from the 13th (embracing being forever single by spending Valentines with friends in London :biggrin: )

Hope everyone is doing ok <3
Original post by venuswaltz
Need to do ALL THE WORK this week as I'm having a long weekend away from the 13th (embracing being forever single by spending Valentines with friends in London :biggrin: )

Hope everyone is doing ok <3

Hahaha I'm doing the exact same thing, just away from London :colonhash: So excited to be seeing my old uni pals :h:
Enjoy the long weekend!
My supervisor mentioned to me, last Friday, that I dont have a consumer budget so Im gonna have to put in about one grand for this year..? I kinda argued back lightly but laughed it off at the end cos I didnt know whether or not he's allowed to be asking for money after registration. Also, how the hell am I supposed to ask my dad for more?!

So I didnt mention this to my dad at all in the weekend, cos he'll get annoyed and would want to know the full story. I did mention however that I'll be meeting up with him today to talk about my consumer budget. Anyway, went to him this morning, and he seems to be pissed off at me.. not a good start :frown: he told me he was busy and booked me in for 3 instead. The thing is, he has no right to get angry, he didnt mention this at all, and wants me to pay extra, like the bench fees Im already paying for the biology part of my project. This issue is really worrying me, so I went to the pg office and raised this issue to them. They said he can ask for money but he cant enforce it on me. It's as if a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulder! Im feeling loads better now.

He's so inconsiderate! The project Im doing was his idea and he wanted it completed in the next 3-4 years cos the co-supervisor from biology we're working with will be retiring after 4 years. So it's in his best interest to keep this project going. I just hope I get good results this year and prove myself, cos at this rate he might fail me and I'd lose this phd position...
(edited 9 years ago)
All this determination and yet my dissertation still feels so difficult to get into writing!

Also, exam results soon for me too :frown: I worked out what I need to get a first, and now my determination for my other modules rest on the results of the modules I've just finished.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MyName??!
My supervisor mentioned to me, last Friday, that I dont have a consumer budget so Im gonna have to put in about one grand for this year..? I kinda argued back lightly but laughed it off at the end cos I didnt know whether or not he's allowed to be asking for money after registration. Also, how the hell am I supposed to ask my dad for more?!

So I didnt mention this to my dad at all in the weekend, cos he'll get annoyed and would want to know the full story. I did mention however that I'll be meeting up with him today to talk about my consumer budget. Anyway, went to him this morning, and he seems to be pissed off at me.. not a good start :frown: he told me he was busy and booked me in for 3 instead. The thing is, he has no right to get angry, he didnt mention this at all, and wants me to pay extra, like the bench fees Im already paying for the biology part of my project. This issue is really worrying me, so I went to the pg office and raised this issue to them. They said he can ask for money but he cant enforce it on me. It's as if a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulder! Im feeling loads better now.

He's so inconsiderate! The project Im doing was his idea and he wanted it completed in the next 3-4 years cos the co-supervisor from biology we're working with will be retiring after 4 years. So it's in his best interest to keep this project going. I just hope I get good results this year and prove myself, cos at this rate he might fail me and I'd lose this phd position...

I take it your self funding then? Can you not apply for funding from a research council?
Original post by jelly1000
I take it your self funding then? Can you not apply for funding from a research council?

Yeah I am. Long story short, my dad's not so happy. He's thinking of what to do. But I'm a lot relieved now. I can finally say the project is actually fitting into a good shape now :biggrin: which is great, just need to sort out money and see what happens there.

Also met my student, she was a very nice young lady. That'd be my weekly tutoring job from now on. Will be earning money at last yayy. But tis a hassle to get to hers and back to town... Just needs getting grips to.

I need to buy a heat protection spray for my hair. So I will do that sometime..

Feeling very talkative tonight..

And I need to read a paper tonight as well. Hmm so much to dooo
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Hahaha I'm doing the exact same thing, just away from London :colonhash: So excited to be seeing my old uni pals :h:
Enjoy the long weekend!

:biggrin: Hope you have an awesome weekend break too
2000 word mark reached on dissertation! I know it's not really that much, and by university's expectations, I should have hit that probably before Christmas or whatever. But still! Progression! 1/5 of the way there!

Seems a bit unfair to ask for more money after no?

--------------

This is just going to be another rant. I've requested to switch modules twice and so far, the uni have rejected my request which is starting to piss me off because so many other students are being allowed to switch. So I emailed my tutor twice and no reply and she wasn't even in her office during her consultation hours.

I just want to strangle myself.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Seems a bit unfair to ask for more money after no?

--------------

This is just going to be another rant. I've requested to switch modules twice and so far, the uni have rejected my request which is starting to piss me off because so many other students are being allowed to switch. So I emailed my tutor twice and no reply and she wasn't even in her office during her consultation hours.

I just want to strangle myself.

Definitely so.

Have you tried raising this issue to the student support office? They should know how to make that requirement, or tell you why they are rejecting it at least :hugs:
Definitely so.

Have you tried raising this issue to the student support office? They should know how to make that requirement, or tell you why they are rejecting it at least :hugs:

Yeah they say it's a small course so no spaces but I don't get why other people are getting to switch.
Got my exam results.
I am shocked.

87%, 86%, 86%, 85%, 77%, 76% with one of the 86s being in a module I had no idea what was going on in the exam...

:eek:
Original post by rayquaza17
Got my exam results.
I am shocked.

87%, 86%, 86%, 85%, 77%, 76% with one of the 86s being in a module I had no idea what was going on in the exam...

Ccongratulations! I don't know what course you do but I'd be absolutely ecstatic with marks like those!!
Got my exam results.
I am shocked.

Well done! That will be so good as you're thinking postgrad studies :biggrin:
Original post by sliceofcake
Ccongratulations! I don't know what course you do but I'd be absolutely ecstatic with marks like those!!

Thanks - I do maths. :tongue:

Original post by Slowbro93
Well done! That will be so good as you're thinking postgrad studies :biggrin:

Thank you! Just need to keep this up for the next 2 and a half years!
Got my results, 80 and 63, could be better but oh well
Got my exam results.
I am shocked.

That's so good! well done :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only student who eats their own homemade packed lunch? It seems that everyone else in my uni buys prepackaged salads and sandwiches.
Ugh, exam tomorrow. But my last one! Need to know about the bacteria/a few other microorganisms involved in UTIs, central nervous system infections and obstetric and perinatal infections, and their treatment for the last group.

I'm so exhausted. 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending