The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImagineCats
Is anyone here thinking about their degree already?
Either German, psychology or law idk :confused:

I've been thinking about my degree too and my options are similar to yours as I've been considering English Lit, Psychology and Law :smile: Luckily there's quite a lot of time before having to decide that though!

Physics or Natural Science or Spanish c:
Original post by hysterialoretta
Physics or Natural Science or Spanish c:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here :wink:
English literature I think, as long as the next few years go ok, although I might look back at this post in the future and wonder why! :smile:

Original post by Purple-Pixie
I feel really confused now. I was certain that I would stay at my school's sixth form but after going to a college open evening tonight, I'm contemplating going there instead because I really liked it. Argh I don't know what to do :confused:

What about everyone else on here? Who's staying at their current school for sixth form and who's leaving?
I think I'm staying - but I was certainly considering moving. A lot more people than I expected are leaving from my school. :confused:
Original post by pursuedbyabear

I think I'm staying - but I was certainly considering moving. A lot more people than I expected are leaving from my school. :confused:

Initially I wanted to go elsewhere, but now I'm seriously considering staying. I don't know what I should do...

Medicine or maths for me

People say you have to be really interested in medicine to go into it so I'll decide after I get some work experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4026
Original post by hysterialoretta
Prioritise french :biggrin:
I can't remember I typed in " Macbeth and Animal Farm power essay" and clicked the 4th option. It could have been this site:
http://www.studymode.com/essays/Animal-Farm-And-Macbeth-928798.html

Yeah that's what I am doing, just doing last minute revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pursuedbyabear

After some consideration, I've decided that I'll stay on at my school's sixth form but keep the college as a backup in case I don't get the grades to stay at my school. In Year 10 I thought I would leave but I changed my mind after we had two sixth form induction days at my school as they were really good, and my school offers all my A Level subject choices anyway :smile:

Quite a lot of people are leaving my school too but there should be at least 40 of us in Year 12 next year :smile:
After some consideration, I've decided that I'll stay on at my school's sixth form but keep the college as a backup in case I don't get the grades to stay at my school. In Year 10 I thought I would leave but I changed my mind after we had two sixth form induction days at my school as they were really good, and my school offers all my A Level subject choices anyway :smile:

Quite a lot of people are leaving my school too but there should be at least 40 of us in Year 12 next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should I stay or accept my conditional offer from another school? I'm clueless...
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
Posted from TSR Mobile

Should I stay or accept my conditional offer from another school? I'm clueless...

You could always accept the conditional offer and then decide which school to go to on results day :smile: that's what I'm doing!
Original post by Peachy23
You could always accept the conditional offer and then decide which school to go to on results day :smile: that's what I'm doing!

I am doing the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fallen99
I am doing the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I was a bit worried because I won't know anyone at the new school but it's a better school so I figured that I'd just accept it :smile:

I would do that, but if I accept the offer, I'm committed...
I would do that, but if I accept the offer, I'm committed...

Oh really? :/ do you have to make the decision soon or do you get more time?
Does anyone do Psychology GCSE? My school might be offering it as an additional thing in Sixth Form and I just wanted to know some opinions on it!! :smile: Is it interesting? Do you enjoy it? Is there coursework (:s-smilie:) or lots of work? Really interested in it so yeah. :biggrin:
Oh really? :/ do you have to make the decision soon or do you get more time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, because there's an acceptance deposit...
I have until the 20th
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, because there's an acceptance deposit...
I have until the 20th

Oh, right. Well, you still have some time to think about it :smile:
Original post by turn-to-page394
Does anyone do Psychology GCSE? My school might be offering it as an additional thing in Sixth Form and I just wanted to know some opinions on it!! :smile: Is it interesting? Do you enjoy it? Is there coursework (:s-smilie:) or lots of work? Really interested in it so yeah. :biggrin:

I'm currently doing Psychology GCSE! Which exam board would you be on? I'm doing AQA. I find Psychology really interesting and enjoyable so I would definitely like to continue with it to A Level :smile: On my exam board there's no coursework but for the exam there are so many case studies and definitions to memorise! I would definitely recommend the subject though :smile:
I'm currently doing Psychology GCSE! Which exam board would you be on? I'm doing AQA. I find Psychology really interesting and enjoyable so I would definitely like to continue with it to A Level :smile: On my exam board there's no coursework but for the exam there are so many case studies and definitions to memorise! I would definitely recommend the subject though :smile:

Not sure what exam board - it was just an idea that is in the early early stages of development. :rolleyes:
It sounds really good and enjoyable :smile: Thanks for this insider info - if they don't offer it now, I'll sulk. :biggrin:

So you have to write essays in the exams I'm assuming? Is it like RS (which I don't take but yeah...)?
Sorry to bug you. :colondollar:
Original post by turn-to-page394
Not sure what exam board - it was just an idea that is in the early early stages of development. :rolleyes:
It sounds really good and enjoyable :smile: Thanks for this insider info - if they don't offer it now, I'll sulk. :biggrin:

So you have to write essays in the exams I'm assuming? Is it like RS (which I don't take but yeah...)?
Sorry to bug you. :colondollar:

No, in our exams we don't write essays (although apparently you have to at A Level), we just answer questions. For example, we're usually given an extract of a fake article and we may be asked "What is non-verbal communication? Refer to the article in your answer" for about 2 marks. We also have to answer questions about case studies and often give advantages and disadvantages of certain ones.

Don't worry it's fine, I'm happy to answer any questions you have!

Latest