The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Firmers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Saranploy
Lol same tbh.What course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Electrical and Electronic Engineering. You? :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by SaiDuc
Electrical and Electronic Engineering. You? :smile:

Chemical Engineering.EEE seems interesting as well(as a subject and career prospect) but I hate electricity and circuits.I never get it and dont think I ever will. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
-Firming for ChemEng :3
-conditional offer IB 42 777 HL math, chemistry and physics
-Cambridge reject lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello guys,

I have an interview coming up and wondered if anyone had any advice
Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Trust-in-T
Hello guys,

I have an interview coming up and wondered if anyone had any advice
Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

What course have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boo_Bear

-Cambridge reject lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford reject here...

Firmed conditional offer for MEng CompSci (with a year in industry)
(edited 9 years ago)
Biochemistry with Year in Industry/Research! I'm so hyped just got my offer yesterday :smile:
Original post by SaiDuc
Yeah, I was planning on doing it today! Firming Imperial for A*AA and insuring UCL for AAA. What about you?

Pretty much the same- only I have an offer for EIE at Imperial.
Reply 68
Original post by 1alberteinstein
Pretty much the same- only I have an offer for EIE at Imperial.

Congratulations! We're pretty much on the same course so I look forward to seeing you there! :smile:
Fellow Cambridge reject here (feel so gutted)
Offer for medicine at Imperial (AAAC).
Any medics firming Imperial?
Original post by SaiDuc
Congratulations! We're pretty much on the same course so I look forward to seeing you there! :smile:

Thank you! Congrats to you too!
Original post by DCMed96
Fellow Cambridge reject here (feel so gutted)
Offer for medicine at Imperial (AAAC).
Any medics firming Imperial?

One of my siblings is a fresher at Cambridge. It's a great course and they like it. However, of the 10 people studying in the college about 3-5 of them seriously considered quitting and many got a little depressed and wished they'd gone for Imperial, UCL or Sheffield. I'm not saying that it is a rubbish course - it isn't as high above Imperial as the hype says it is. For non-applied subjects the research is better than Imperial- but for student satisfaction and employability overall Cambridge definitely isnt better than Imperial overall.
Reply 72
Hi! Medicine offer holder here, will definitely firm Imperial!

I'm not an Oxbridge reject this year since my eyes were all set on Imperial. I applied to Oxford last year slightly naively but I'm actually so glad I was rejected because now I realise I'd much rather be at Imperial anyways :P
I applied to more than one course (because I could not decide before the deadline lol, so I just used up all my spaces for Imperial). Didn't hear back from them, not even interviews (I'm from Asia). I woke up to see an offer from Imperial at 2300 UK time - it was civil engineering. Kinda thrilled, but I'm waiting for computing/mechanical engineering which I think I prefer more now (civil is still great!). But seriously, why is Imperial giving out offers at midnight? Is there a deadline and they are rushing it?
Original post by rosaceae2
I applied to more than one course (because I could not decide before the deadline lol, so I just used up all my spaces for Imperial). Didn't hear back from them, not even interviews (I'm from Asia). I woke up to see an offer from Imperial at 2300 UK time - it was civil engineering. Kinda thrilled, but I'm waiting for computing/mechanical engineering which I think I prefer more now (civil is still great!). But seriously, why is Imperial giving out offers at midnight? Is there a deadline and they are rushing it?

LOL! Same.. I got it around 2315 as well. I found it quite weird. Probably something went wrong with UCAS
How long did Imperial College take to get back to you after an interview?
Had mine 6 days ago.
Reply 76
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Had mine 6 days ago.

I got an unofficial offer (by email from the department) 7 days after my interview and an official one through Track 2 days after that. My friend (for Computing) got his unofficial offer exactly 14 days after his interview. It shouldn't be too long for you! :smile:
Had mine 6 days ago.

For EEE, 2 weeks after interview
For Civil Eng, 2 months after interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Had mine 6 days ago.

I was in the first group of interviews for Chemical Engineering on 29th October and hate to tell you that it was a month before I received my offer. So don't worry if you haven't heard in the next couple of weeks. Good luck 😀
Original post by A patch
I was in the first group of interviews for Chemical Engineering on 29th October and hate to tell you that it was a month before I received my offer. So don't worry if you haven't heard in the next couple of weeks. Good luck

Looks like I'll be waiting for a bit then haha
As long as I get my offer... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending