The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Managed a high B in my AH Maths prelim! :smile:

The grade boundary for an A was like 63% last year because of how difficult the subject is, good news to be honest! Aiming for a high A by results day.
Got an A in my C1 Mock :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
so i just got an email from st andrews talking about accommodation, but i haven't received an offer yet, so does that mean i will get an offer on ucas soon?
Original post by Bude8
I actually watched a video about RSI today. I think it was by TechQuickie on YouTube. Might be worth checking out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I will check it out. I'm a bit worried about it tbh... Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
I think I'm getting some mild form of RSI. I've always had a weaker right hand wrist and it easily sprains but recently I've had to have it in a support because it hurts to write. I got it about a month ago and then it went away but its coming back again. :frown:
Really not ideal as we approach exam season.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Get down to the doctors. I have wrist issues and basically I have a note from the doctor that means if my wrists are bad during exam season I can use a computer or dictate to do my exams so if you do have a problem, they'll be able to sort you out with something like that.
Original post by _Caz_
Yeah I will check it out. I'm a bit worried about it tbh... Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by emcat
Get down to the doctors. I have wrist issues and basically I have a note from the doctor that means if my wrists are bad during exam season I can use a computer or dictate to do my exams so if you do have a problem, they'll be able to sort you out with something like that.

By the way, I bought a gel wrist rest, since I use computers quite a lot. It's really comfortable and I highly recommend it, it's a great investment.
Omg went to see the theory of everything tonight, so emotional, cried so much. Brilliant acting

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are people dealing with the stress and workload??
Original post by Gazzaaa
How are people dealing with the stress and workload??

By not panicking...? Seems to work for me :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The stress for my A2s has kicked in
I hate all the Biology which has suddenly appeared in my Chemistry A level
Like no
I didn't choose biology for a reason

Also hating the Mechanics in Further Maths. Equilibrium and rotation of rigid bodies is a nightmare.

Doing fine with Physics and Maths. Not working for Spanish, obviously.

Going to make myself a revision timetable tomorrow. What stresses me out is that there is so much work to do but I tend to work so little. If I have to learn 3 chapters in a night I'll do it but if I have to learn 10 chapters in a week I'll just leave it till the last day.

Aiming to finish Chemistry and Maths syllabus by the end of this month. A bit slower in Physics. Further Maths will probably take all the way to April.

'rant' over
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
The stress for my A2s has kicked in
I hate all the Biology which has suddenly appeared in my Chemistry A level
Like no
I didn't choose biology for a reason

Also hating the Mechanics in Further Maths. Equilibrium and rotation of rigid bodies is a nightmare.

Doing fine with Physics and Maths. Not working for Spanish, obviously.

Going to make myself a revision timetable tomorrow. What stresses me out is that there is so much work to do but I tend to work so little. If I have to learn 3 chapters in a night I'll do it but if I have to learn 10 chapters in a week I'll just leave it till the last day.

Aiming to finish Chemistry and Maths syllabus by the end of this month. A bit slower in Physics. Further Maths will probably take all the way to April.

'rant' over

The bio parts in chemistry are quite a lot actually. Not too happy about it, but it overlaps with bio so I guess that's good for me..
Original post by binarythoughts
The bio parts in chemistry are quite a lot actually. Not too happy about it, but it overlaps with bio so I guess that's good for me..

What sort of biology do you have to do in chem?
Original post by Red Fox
What sort of biology do you have to do in chem?

There's an entire chapter " The chemistry of life" to do with DNA structure, enzymes, etc..
There's an entire chapter " The chemistry of life" to do with DNA structure, enzymes, etc..

Oh unlucky:tongue:, I don't have anything like that. Which board is that for?
Original post by Red Fox
Oh unlucky:tongue:, I don't have anything like that. Which board is that for?

Yeah, plus it's the biggest chapter
CIE, what's yours?

CIE is the worst. I finished 'Chemistry of Life' yesterday and literally only understand like half the chapter.
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
CIE is the worst. I finished 'Chemistry of Life' yesterday and literally only understand like half the chapter.

Agreed
I'm yet to do that chapter because it's so dry and boring, but because I do biology, it should be easy to understand

What are your other subjects?
AgreedI'm yet to do that chapter because it's so dry and boring, but because I do biology, it should be easy to understand What are your other subjects?
Maths, FM (self taught), Physics and Spanish. If I ever have to punish my kids, I'll make them take CIE FMYou?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by emcat

If it doesn't go soon I think I'll take a trip to the doctors :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
By the way, I bought a gel wrist rest, since I use computers quite a lot. It's really comfortable and I highly recommend it, it's a great investment.

Do you think that would work for writing too? My wrist hurts the most when I have to write a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest