The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3500
UCL asked for my predicted AP scores (and we provided them later on) however LSE never did and I am 8 weeks into the 8 week email. I am sure they would have contacted me within the first two weeks asking for me predicted scores if they needed them. I may just be rejected but I don't think your predictions are THAT important if you are from the U.S. because they will just give you a conditional offer and expect you to fulfill the terms of the offer.
Or maybe they will just reject me because my counselor did not provide them initially in the reference. But my counselor was also very wary about predictions as were my teachers. we don't do predictions here.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by leehs2015
On Oct. 14th haha

Oh wow you waited a really long time. I guess that makes the offer even more special :smile:
Congrats!!!

I was just wondering what was the order of the emails they sent you?
I've gotten the 2 weeks one and the 8 weeks one nearly two weeks ago :P
Original post by saysay
UCL asked for my predicted AP scores (and we provided them later on) however LSE never did and I am 8 weeks into the 8 week email. I am sure they would have contacted me within the first two weeks asking for me predicted scores if they needed them. I may just be rejected but I don't think your predictions are THAT important if you are from the U.S. because they will just give you a conditional offer and expect you to fulfill the terms of the offer.
Or maybe they will just reject me because my counselor did not provide them initially in the reference. But my counselor was also very wary about predictions as were my teachers. we don't do predictions here.

Don't worry about the colleges asking for your predicted scores. I met my qualifications with AP exams because I lived in the US but now I do the IB diploma. I applied in mid-October and UCL asked for my IB predicted scores in Dec. despite the fact that I had already met my qualifications and am still waiting for them to reply to me. On the other hand LSE never asked me for predicted scores n gave me an unconditional offer last Friday. So don't worry about it man if LSE wanted them from you they'd have already asked you a long time ago~~ haah
Original post by GraceYim
Oh wow you waited a really long time. I guess that makes the offer even more special :smile:
Congrats!!!

I was just wondering what was the order of the emails they sent you?
I've gotten the 2 weeks one and the 8 weeks one nearly two weeks ago :P

Thanks~
I got my 2 week email a couple of days after I submitted my app and then a 8 week email later. Then I got the Christmas office closure email which technically extended my 8 weeks to 10 weeks, and on the last day of the 8 weeks they sent me a 4 week email requesting more time for evaluation. They gave me the offer the last day of the 4 week email :smile:

The 2 + 8 weeks are for everybody, and it seems that for ~60% of applicants LSE sends a further 2 or 4 week email for more time for evaluation. But they won't send that email to you because they will give replies to all applicants by March 31st haha
Pls give me an offer tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
today is the day we GET our offers. You guys can congratulate me in advance.

Its a joke. chill.
Anyone applied for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics? Anybody received their latest E-Mail?

I am writing to inform you that there has been a change to the published structure of the Social Policy programmes at the London School of Economics (LSE). From September 2015 all students will be required to complete a compulsory dissertation on an approved topic as part of their third year of study on the programme. You will be able to find the full updated programme details on our website.

This is the last week of 4 week email. After my 2+8+2!

Posted from TSR Mobile
safe we all gonna be rolling in offers this afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by djsimpy
safe we all gonna be rolling in offers this afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Come on guys we can do it!!!
Original post by KATIEHIDDLESTON
Anyone applied for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics? Anybody received their latest E-Mail?

I am writing to inform you that there has been a change to the published structure of the Social Policy programmes at the London School of Economics (LSE). From September 2015 all students will be required to complete a compulsory dissertation on an approved topic as part of their third year of study on the programme. You will be able to find the full updated programme details on our website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I got that yesterday ... Not really sure it's going to make any bearing on decisions ? I am lucky enough to have got my offer in January good luck to everyone waiting its offer Thursday today I beleive !
These offers... where they at doe?
Good luck on the Offer Thursday guys! :smile:
My 8 week email finished last week tuesday, yet I haven't received any update. Are they supposed to tell you they need extra time to check your application cos they havent told me?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Logolept
These offers... where they at doe?

They last went out... about a week agoo
Original post by amansingh1997
My 8 week email finished last week tuesday, yet I haven't received any update. Are they supposed to tell you they need extra time to check your application cos they havent told me?

My last email deadline was 2 weeks ago.. Just gotta wait it out. Good luck, it's offer Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KATIEHIDDLESTON

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I applied for Social Policy and got that email.

If you don't mind me asking what were your GCSE's and predicted A2 grades?
Wondering if they're gonna do the same thing they did last week and hand out offers + rejections on Friday instead..
Reply 3518
Anyone applying for philosophy logic and scientific method? My predicted IB grades are:
Chemistry HL 7
Biology HL 7
Greek Lit HL 7
Psychology SL 6
Maths SL 6
English SL 7
gonna be such an anti-climax if offers/rejections are given out tomoz instead of today
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest